• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy [IC Thread: What's in a Club?]

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
((Sorry! I was really busy lately.)) Kei stood up, her gaze still focused on the instrument...
"...My name is Kei Corriente.... D-do you know the name of that instrument? A-and can I have it back?" Kei pleaded in jellyfish, her gaze flew off the violin and around the room.. Her eyes landed on, some music papers.
She picked them up gently, trying to read them. "
I-is this a different language...? I don't understand it..."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
(Games club)
Jennie put a hand up to her chest in mock offense. "What? Why bother? I looove games! It's always been my dream as a little skate to be part of a game club. I knew as soon as i saw the roster that I had to be here!"

...She dropped the act and deadpanned, "No really. Why is anyone here? It's required."

Jennie shrugged. "But I get what you mean. This club just sounded most interesting. I actually do like games so, what the shell. Why not. If anything, I'll see my friends soon enough."

She grinned back. "Why are you here? There are quieter rooms to nap in." She spun around and tossed a snarky comment over her shoulder. "Or could you just not sleep without the sound of people yelling over game pieces?"

((@Hesoca >.> sorry this took long, got caught up with other stuff))

Hesoca

Full Squid
[Games Club]
"Heh, this place could we worse," Barrett chuckled, crossing his arms, "Beats tryin' to sleep at home with everyone runnin' around screamin' all night. But I getcha, I getcha; if I wanted to sleep, I shoulda gone to book club or somethin', yeah?"

He grinned proudly, "Thing is, I didn't pick this place just to nap. I picked it to nap and to get outta havin' to do any legit work."

He followed behind her, all the while continuing, "All the music and sports kids are out practicin', the book club kids are bickerin' about some story back there, and we're just sittin' here waitin' for the bell to ring. Seriously, just look around," - and he motioned to the room with the spin of a finger - "Not a teacher in sight. Even the school doesn't care about this place. It's freakin' perfect."

After a pause, he added, "And, y'know, games aren't that bad. Woulda liked if there was a console or somethin' hooked up in here, but I ain't complainin'."

((OOC: @Aykorn: No worries! And sorry for the late reply, as well. ))

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
(Games)

People didn't notice Rhin was in the corner of the room, watching everything play out. He didn't really want to get involved. He already had nasty thoughts in his head about other people, but didn't wanna judge people so he kept his mouth shut.

Eventually he started to get bored so he secretly popped open he SquidPhone, playing some games that actually entertain him.

((Sorry for really uncommon responses >_<))

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
(Games club)
"You... are completely right," she agreed. "Video games should be a thing if this is actually 'games club'. Mostly because, I crush at Super Splat Bros."

Jennie sneered back. "No teachers, no problem, huh?" She paused before letting her expression soften and giving an exaggerated sigh. "I'm a skater, not a delinquent, ...but you seem to know the ropes. Or the way around them. I can respect that. If you actually need the sleep, I'm won't stop you."

"Oh," a realization clicked. "You came in late, didn't you? ...Missed all the intros." With that, she boldly offered a handshake. "Jennie Meyjan. Skate, skateboarder, amateur bead artist and avid coin collector."

Her grin widened; there was always time for a bit of bragging. "My current collection is pretty spectacular as is, but... I'm a reliable girl for certain things," she tried to hint. "Extra coinage never hurt anyone either. Also, I'm pretty savvy with cards and there are only two of us playing, but enjoy your rest, sleeping beauty."

((@Hesoca ! ))

Postwreck

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Postwreck
Music:
"Parzival, i believe with a little work, we can expand your repertoire exponentially. And madam, Kei, was it? My jelly is a little rusty, but I think I understand." He speaks in very broken jelly, "Violin Is a name of it. Music is language for everyone. Also, mine is violin. You can try other one." He shouts all of this from the closet. He finally steps back out and places all of the electronic equipment on a counter, along with an old, beat up violin case.

Sports:
"Splatling, eh? I've never actually seen one of those in person. You'll have to show me soon," he stands up and picks up some of the weapons, "now, if you'll all help me move these into the gym, I think you'll find a pleasant surprise."
He leads the group into the gym to reveal a makeshift turf war arena. Instead of inflatables and such though are lunch carts and ball racks.
"Divide yourselves into two teams of two and pick a weapon. Once you've done that, separate to opposite sides. Try not to hurt one another too bad. Whoever has inked the most of the gym floor after three minutes wins."
He steps to the side and takes a seat.

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei stared curiously case, she slightly understood the teacher's broken "Jelly". She zipped open the case. Lay there was a small blanket laid over something..
She cautiously took the blanket off, a old violin was tucked inside. It was covered in rosin dust... The rosin itself was in scratches and pieces. A few hairs of the bow was hanging out. Kei gently picked up, observing it. She plucked a string, it seemed like it screeched in pain, it seemed out of tune. Unlike the other violin.
"U-um sir.. I think the. v-v-v..vy-o-len?" She tried to pronounce the name, having some trouble.
"
I t-think the v... v-vy-oh-len is out of tune."

Hesoca

Full Squid
"What's that supposed to-?!" Barrett started, but stopped himself short. "Yeah, okay. I see how it is," he muttered in indignation, "Don't think I can stay awake long enough to throw a few cards on the table? Well, ya know what? I didn't even wanna sleep, anyway."

Grabbing Jennie's outstretched hand, he grinned directly at her. "Barrett Echin. Urchin, underachiever, and your newest opponent at cards. Don't really care about beads," he added with a shrug, "but I guess coins are legit. Probably got a good story or two about 'em, yeah?"

Plucking his belongings off the floor, he continued. "Anyway, you got a game runnin' right now? Because if ya are, I'm joinin' next round... y'know, whatever it is."

((OOC: @Aykorn: Ack, sorry for the late reply. >.< ))

Postwreck

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Postwreck
Music:
Bigfin speaks in his broken language again, "Right are you. I will commence the tuning."
He grabs the instrument and quickly tunes it so each string resonates. "Ancient times is where that came from. Found under ocean in ruins. Restored it is what I did with friend."

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Nyron thought for a moment. "Well...it's going pretty fast, what with having to survive 'n' all. The interesting thing is that Karen - she's the main character, by the way - can't understand the creatures. It's totally going to generate some conflict later on!"

Nyron tapped her bookmark, "However, I'm only about half way through Chapter 3 at the moment and I don't even know if there's more books in the series yet - I got this book out about two weeks before school started. Chapters are pretty decent sized too."

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei gawked at the violin.. Ancient Ruins..? How is that thing still intact?! How is it still working?! Kei gave Bigfin a confused expression.
She plucked the violin string, it sounded a little more calmer and soother now, but it still did seem a little rusty.. She picked up the rosin, it was attached to a small blanket.
"What is this..?" Kei asked.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@VeryButter

"Well," James went on, "I can at least say that the author has made no indication of being interested in making it a series. Thus far it seems pretty popular as a one-off... though popularity has made series of one-offs before. Alas, the power of the masses!"

"I'd imagine they find Karen pretty odd," Tlaloc cut in. "I mean, those people in the book. I mean, how are they written? The author trying to make the creatures look like dumb monsters? Or are they, like, intelligent as a language would hopefully presume?"

"Tlaloc asks a good question," piped in a calm, though firm voice. It was Gina. "But don't feel rushed to make an answer just because his mouth always runs at the same speed as the rail system."

"The rail system isn't very fast, for your information."

"Shut up, Tutu," James quipped. Tlaloc shut up.

((Did you want Barb to cut in @Hesoca and @Aykorn ??))

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
((@ReedRGale Ey, sure!! If not I can think of a couple card games to suggest.
:0 yeah, I kinda left Barb hanging, whoops
If there is anyone else in the games room, 4 players is always optimal for card games? ))

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
(Sports)

Viola looked among the weapons left on the floor and picked up a .52 Gal. "Normally, I prefer the Deco, but beggars can't be choosers" She said, running towards a side and waited for whoever teamed up with her. She studied the .52 Gal as well, looking for anything that may scream repairs or maintenance.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
(Music)
Parzival looked around, confused, but then he came back to his senses. He was in Music class. For some reason he thought he was home.

((Holy crap, sorry, I stopped getting alerts))

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
(Sports)

Krys picked up a Splattershot Jr., a weapon which every school seemed to own, and walked into the gym.

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
(Sports)

Iro took notice of a Tentatek Splattershot sticking out under the pile of arsenal.

"Hmm this looks like a good one to start with" he thought to himself as he examined the weapon closely.

Walking into the gym, he noticed that one of his club mates had already picked a side.

"Uh what's her name again? Oh yeah, Viola. She seems nice enough"

He walked onto the turf and took position with the purple head. He figured it'd be better to introduce himself now so that they can communicate better during the fight. Taking a momentary breath to muster enough confidence, Iro approached the girl and offered a handshake.

"Hey there! My name's Iro. Like I said earlier, I'm still a beginner so please go easy on me. Hope we can get along" he said smiling.

(@TACarbuncle )

Last edited:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
(Sports)

Viola looked at the inkling in front of her and, thinking he was a bit nervous, giggled and gave a big, warm smile before taking his hand. " It's nice to meet you! I know what it's like when you first start. I had some more experienced squids help me in the beginning. Just as long as we have fun, everything will be good!" She said, the smile never leaving her face the whole time.

Her attention went to his choice of weapon. "You know, I had a friend who loved to use that when we played together. Swore it was really good! She would constantly chant 'Tentatek! Tentatek!' whenever she went on a spree!" She let out another giggle at memory.

(@GBstep )

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Jennie was a bit surprised to be taken up on the card games so eagerly, but was she going to complain? No. With a firm handshake, she said, "We were playing Speed, but that's a two player game. Now we've got another player!" Her expression brightened. "I've actually got some games to chose from now!"

She released Barrett's hand, grinning cheekily. " That is to say, I really did come over just to bug you. But this works, too."

Sauntering back to the table right before he could respond, Jennie leaned on the table, then tilted her head and beckoned with a quick wave of her fingers. "Over here!"

((@Hesoca & @ReedRGale yo, does Barb want to say anything?))

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Robikku Squid Still up for this? I know we were rather inactive, so asking quickly.

Music: @Zythefox ; @KTKres ; @ThatSquidYouKnow

Bigfin responded slowly--tuning seemed to take up much of his attention, even though he did it so fluidly. Maybe it was that he didn't know the right words immediately, though. "Ancient may be it, yes, but," he stumbled in words, but his tuning continued, flawlessly, "but it is reborn. New body, same soul."

He had finished with the violin, handing it back to Kei when he addressed everyong saying, "you all could learn something from this young lady, question and you shall receive an answer. Do you all want to know anything about these instruments? I scattered them about to pique interest."

His gaze settled on Kbot when he said, "have any of you ever wanted to try a new instrument? I could teach you anything in this room if you desire and point you in the right direction if I don't have the expertise." Even though he addressed the group, he seemed to be talking to Kbot specifically.

Sports: @GBstep ; @lonelyrollingsquid ; @TACarbuncle

"Alright," Coach Fire said, his deep voice booming through the gym, "I know you both need to get to know each other to work magic together, but I'm not asking for some Splat Zones genius. I need to gauge what you all can do, so I need you to both choose a chroma, synch to the spawn pad at the ends of the gym, and hop to it!" He was loud and forceful, but somehow not disrespectful. An interesting mix.

Ash, though, literally hopped to it, Blaster already in hands, motioning Krys over to her side. "C'mon! Those two have already hit it, off, we've gotta get together well!"

((Take turns posting; the poster [I'll call them player A for reference] has the ability to cover some amount of ground before encountering someone--then they ping that person [who I will call player B for reference]. When I see that, I or Postwreck will make a PM to both the players to tell them who will win the encounter so the player B can post the end of the engagement and go on until player B encounters the other team member.

If there are any questions about this, ask on the OOC thread. Decide amongst yourselves who will go first.))

Games (Cards): @Hesoca ; @Aykorn

"Well..." Bard said, slowly, eyeing Barrett warily, "well, I'd say my favorite games in this situation would be Thirteen or BS." She shuffled the cards in her hands three times in the time that she'd said that--she was fast, but it was almost as if she was... nervous?

"Both are interesting in their own right. What will it be? I'll lead toward BS, myself just to break the tie, but I honestly could go either way."

((So, what card game are we going for, guys?

@TheRestOfGamesClub You all are kind of doing your own thing. If you need me to give you rules or an NPC to fill things out, let me know.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom