• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy [IC Thread: What's in a Club?]

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
(Games)
"Hello, Terence. So you wanna learn how to play K&C, well, It's simple, sort of. Hmm, I hope I remember how to play since my childhood. So first, pick a class, your choices are.

Charger Elf. Class Bonus: Speed Stat Raised. Class Penalty: Defense Stat Lowered.
Roller Brute. Class Bonus: Attack Stat Raised. Class Penalty: Speed Stat Lowered.
Shooter Soldier. Class bonus: Luck Stat Raised. Class Penalty: Special Stat Lowered

Once you've decided, pick a name for your character. Now I'll explain the rules:

As the GM, I'll lay out a scenario and give you instructions and narrate on your characters actions. It will work on a turn based system, each player has a turn where he may enter a shop where they can buy weapons and Armour that increase their stats, if they are in a town or city. Or attack if they are in combat. Every player will start with 10 HP, if they lose all their HP, they are out of the game for 5 turns where they may re-spawn at a near town or city. The more you attack you build up your special, when it's full, you can unleash a one-hit attack. The speed stat can let you attack before the enemy, the defense stat decreases the amount of damage an enemy does to you, the attack stat increases the amount of damage you do to the enemy, the luck stat increases the chance of hitting critical hits, the special stat decreases the time it takes to charge up your special attack.

See, simple right? Yeah not really. But, pretty easy to learn! We can start now or wait for more people to come.

(I just though of that on the spot, I don't know hat to do with it though @ReedRGale can you tell us how this gonna work?))

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(Games)
"Oh, that sounds surprisingly good." And it's simple as well! Terence thought.
I like shooters, but I also use chargers as well. Rollers are just... eugh no.

"I shall be Samuel Borwhale, user of shooters!" Looking proud of his character, he smiled. "Oh and I think we should probably wait for another person, because throwing a newb into the fray alone, is just asking for disaster."

"In the meantime, why don't we just chat. I'll get us started, what's your favourite game to play to pass time? Mine is Battlesquid, with my little brother." Terence asked, eyes shifting to the board games table row, he saw no Battlesquid boards however. "Come to think of it, you never told me your name. I would feel a lot less awkward not calling you Anemone boy, and who's the turtle?" Usually its a clownfish, never saw a turtle accompany a Anemone before. He seems cool though, hopefully we get more people here. Terence thought, shifting in his seat.
(@Right Whale your up.)

Last edited:

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
(Games)
"Well, first things first, my name's Ranae and I am not a boy" Ranae said calmly.
"And yes, I think we should wait for someone else to join in"
"My favorite game, hmm, I probably shouldn't say K&C, ah, I know! I do enjoy playing Shess with people, even though I lose most of the time, I like to play Octarians more because It's, different. I'm sure they have a board over on the board games table"
"And my turtle, well, he's Torq, he mainly just sleeps and shouts with a sharp tongue."

What should I ask next? Favorite band? Why not.

"Also, what's your favorite Inkopolis music band?"

((Shess = Squid chess? Yeah, I dunno :p))

Last edited:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Sports:

"Turf Wars?!" Viola uttered in a surprised tone. "Cool!" She quickly sat down in an empty seat and let Iro introduce himself. I didn't expect Turf Wars. Viola pondered to herself, At least it's something I'm experienced with. After Iro's introduction, Viola looked at the other two before realizing she came in after their introductions, and it was her turn. "Oh! Right! My turn!" Viola stood up and gave a small bow. "My name is Viola. I'm new to this school district, but I've been in Turf Wars before.I'm okay with a lot of weapons, but I love to use the Heavy Splatling!" She pronounced, a big smile on her face, "I hope we'll have a lot of fun together!"

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(Games)
"Well, nice to meet you Ranae, same with you Torq. Umm... sorry about calling you a boy, I sometimes get confused ever once in a while." Terence awkwardly twiddled his thumbs, letting out a light chuckle. Whoops didn't mean to call her a boy, better avoid this situation quick.

"Shess is a fun game, I personally like to play the Inklings."Man, I hope Torq isn't awake I don't feel keen on being yelled at.
"As for my favourite music band? Chirpy Chirps, I like listening to them when I'm blasting away enemies in Turf War with my Splatling." Terence said with a smile. "Second favourite would probably be the Squid Sisters, because that's all the radioes play during Splatfests..."

"Anything interesting happen to you in your life, mine was when my friend Ca... I better not say actually." He ain't getting embarrassed today, least of all by me. "One that was less... yucky would be when I got recruited by the Aquamarines Splatoon." He pointed to a small gem pin on his chest.
((@Right Whale))

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
(Music)
Parzival jumped out of squid mode as quickly as he could. He saw everyone looking at him. Just what I needed thought Parzival 'A question'. "Well, I'm Parzival, and I know only one song on the drums. That's really it. I would like to learn more songs here. So that's about it." . Parzival looked around and then hid again.
(Sorry for the short nature of the post. I'm on mobile.)

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
(Games)
Most interesting thing that happened in my life? Tough question.
"
I guess it was when I found Torq, nothing much else really"
"Next question, ah! Are you a Squid or a Kid?
Nailed it!

Hesoca

Full Squid
[Games Club]
As Barrett wandered into Room 103, he was met by one of the most beautiful sights he'd ever seen. No, it wasn't the horde of games spread around the room, nor the people - definitely not the people - but something far more miraculous: a complete and utter lack of any school authority.

With a congratulatory grin, he tossed his belongings in the far corner of the room, plopped into a seat, and put his feet up on a nearby desk. Finally, a class he could actually sleep through without any penalization. Sure, the location wasn't ideal - what with everyone chattering about things all shades of nerdy - but it was better than any of the other clubs he could have gone to. (Imagine if he had gone to music, or book, or sports... heck, he wouldn't have been able to get away with anything.)

He glanced curiously around the room, looking for familiar faces. Quite a few people from communications were here, actually. He spotted one of the anemones playing some kind of tabletop, a few other kids breaking out the board games, and the skate from before playing cards against... wait, was that who he thought it was? With a chuckle, he turned back to his corner of the room. Though he'd never talked to the urchin personally, her reputation preceded her; she was, after all, one of the best card-players in the community.

He tipped his cap over his eyes, crossed his arms behind his head, and fell half-asleep a moment later. No reason not to get some shuteye, right?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(Games)
Am I a kid or a squid?

Terence transformed into his squid form
"I like to think I'm a squid." He blurbled
Transforming back to his humanoid form, Terence asked.
"Is Torq as sassy as Annie's Moe? I can't imagine a small turtle like him to unleash the backtalk He gives out."
That will stump them good, hehe.

Last edited:

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
If he asks about Torq, he gets Torq, hwewewewewe.

"You talkin' to me mate? You think you can talk to me, an Inkling has un-fresh as you? Why am I talkin' to you anyway? Don't you talk about me mate!" Torq spat
"Does that answer your question? Yeah, he's like that"

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(Games)
Wow, mess with the bullshark and get the teeth, and this goes both ways.
Terence sat up straighter, surprised at the suddenly boisterous turtle.
"Blimey that's a first, me getting yelled at by a tiny turtle in an Anemone's hair." Shaking his head. Terence, perhaps next time don't talk about what's in an Anemone's hair.But this guy wants to scuffle, I'll let em have it, I shouldn't be too rough however, him being with a anemone.
"First things first, how can a turtle be Fresh when you can't even battle?"

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
(Games)
Ranae thought this was getting out of hand, but she let it continue.

"
So being a turtle makes me different from you? And I'm not fresh have you looked at yourself? I don't need to battle to be fresh, so you might wanna head to the Boooyah Base, I heard they got cheap clothes coming in today!

"OK, I think we should stop now, that never happened" Ranae interrupted

(( That was funny XD))

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(Games)
"Yes, I believe that is for the best." He said through gritted teeth.
That turtle really needs to be shoved back up it's shell.
Seeking to get off the topic of Turtle V Inkling violence, he quickly asked another question.
"No one seems to be joining, should we start?"

((Thoughts of turtle abuse are rampant! :scared: @Right Whale ))

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
((@Right Whale If you want to K&C I'd recommend just playing it out as a story--describe what happens. If you want, I could make some rolls whenever you make a decisive action to actually simulate RNG for you, but for the most part, just describe what you and Rustic (and anyone who joins you) do together. If you feel you need further managing, I can step in, but I'd expect that you can figure things out.

I'll edit this post for a GM post once I've read everything and gotten myself situated--just finished my last day at work.))

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
(Games)
"Why games? Because games are fun. Because I like games" Jennie stated. "In fact, I'm pretty good at most games. Cards... in particular," she said quickly tossing her own card deck-box up in the air, then shoving it back in her pocket.

"Though, I'm getting shown up it looks like." She then flashed a cheeky grin. "What about you? I think I could guess why you're in game club but--"
As she was about to finish that sentence, but her phone started ringing --playing Chirpy Chips.

Who could be calling her now? Parents or her skating buddies? Probably the latter; she was tight knit with her fellow skaterboarder gals, but they usually texted. Polly (and Amph) might already be griping about the first day back, and Jennie was sure that Nessie already acquired juicy gossip in the mere 8 hours of school. Maybe it was Margot. Sudden calls from Margot made her worried. Mostly because they usually meant Margot was in bad shape.

Jennie groaned. "Sorry, could you hold that thought?" Jennie asked. "I'll be back in a moment."

She left the room, finding a quiet place right outside the door to take the call. She was right; she didn't recognize the number and she sure as shell didn't apply for a contest to win a "free trip to Saltspray Rig." Sheesh, tele-scammers. What a waste of time.

Re-enting the room, intending to head right back to Barb's table, she noticed a different urchin. The same one who came in late for communications, now with their feet on top of desk in the corner of the room.
He looked asleep, but a hat covered his eyes so who knew...

What were they doing? Jennie got up close and stood on her tippy-toes to try to peer over.

((@Hesoca ? >u> If you want, acknowledge me. If not, feel free to keep napping. ))

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Nyrom thought for a moment, and then pointed to the book sitting on her lap. "This is a book I've been reading lately called 'Past'. Either of you heard of it?"

Hesoca

Full Squid
[Games Club]
Not more than ten minutes had passed before Barrett was jolted out of his snooze. Normally, he was a sound sleeper (and well-practiced at it), but the uncanny feeling of someone staring at him was bugging him to no end...

Peeking out from under his cap, his eyes landed on someone peering closely at him, and, in the most "graceful" way possible, he jolted out of his half-asleep daze and fell out of the chair onto the floor with a quiet shout. Somehow in all the stumbling he had managed not to injure himself, (well, nothing but his pride), and he picked himself up not a moment later, glaring angrily at whoever-the-heck had been nosy enough to wake him out of his slumber.

"The heck are you doing?!" He grumbled, fixing his cap so as to distract himself from the ridiculous display he had just taken part of. In his daze, he hadn't noticed who it was that had been staring at him, but now he recognized the figure as the skate from communications. Not the first person he would think he'd catch watching him sleep, but nonetheless...

((OOC: @Aykorn: Responded! Don't mind Barrett's grumpiness; he takes his sleep very seriously. ))

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
(Games)
Watching the urchin "gracefully" fall out of his chair, then grumble back at her, Jennie gave a smarmy grin down. "Oh, well look at that", she quipped. "You are awake! And if you weren't, you are now..."

But to answer the question: "What was I doing? Just curious if you were comatose. Or not." More grinning. "It'd be a shame if you were down for the count. Literal minutes after the first day. I mean, you slept through most of communications, didn't you?"

Jennie clucked her tongue. "You slept most of the time. But, you still managed to be actually interesting. Hmmm..."

((@Hesoca ^u^))

Hesoca

Full Squid
Barrett stared blankly at the skate, entirely unsure how to react. Props to her, actually; it wasn't often someone managed to both compliment and insult him in the same sentence.

"Tch, ya make it sound like a bad thing," he grinned, regaining a bit of his usual composure, "Trust me, you woulda slept through it, too, if ya knew what it was like last year. A bunch of honor-level tryhards, too safe to have any good stories." With a shrug, he continued, "Can't blame me for tryin' to have some fun with it."

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he added, "Anyway, why'd you bother comin' down here? To the games club, I mean. 'Cause I'll be honest, those geeks over there?" - and he pointed to the group huddled around one of the tabletop games - "They don't look like you're kind of crowd."

((OOC: @Aykorn: ^_^ ))

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Nyron

Tlaloc shrugged. "Never heard of it. What's it about?"

James quickly cut in though, before Nyron could explain, "ah! I remember that. That was a popular book by Alex McHanes. Didn't read it myself yet, but didn't it cover the story of an Inkling who got ported back in time and met the dominant species of the past? Man, I love science fiction."

"You love anything with text on it," Tlaloc quipped.

"Yeah, you shut your mouth, Tutu." Tlaloc shut his mouth. "So, how does it read? Fast, slow? Gripping? Emotional? Thought-provoking?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom