• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@Rustic
Quick question! Would it be alright if I added another character to the RP or is one the max number?
Heeey, I'm going to answer for Rustic here.

Typically
1 is the max number, though I think we're willing to make you an exception because you've shown good characterization/your characters would probably have distinct personalities.

I'd like to say.... yes right away, but that would require something like officially raising the max character limit for everyone, to be completely fair. Honestly, don't know how I feel about that.

So let's say this: Hard maximum is 2, (unless you're a GM, but then you sacrifice internal character dialogue and there's some other coordination involved <= xP Might not suggest), but for a second character, you'd need some kind of an extended application, which would be tougher to accept.

This extension would be like, why you want to include this character in addition to your primary one (relations probably) and why you wouldn't be able to do the same things with only your primary, as well as the standard bio.

If Rustic agrees with this, we can make it official.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
If Rustic agrees with this, we can make it official.
I do agree with this.

@Airmure
You have clearly demonstrated you're capabilities as a writer -and RPer!- your character has a unique personality and a very personal 'touch' to them. I -and Aykorn- will allow you to add whomever you may decide to add.

Anyway! Tell us, why you would want your second character. I would like to know who they are (you can post them here as well). Are you capable of handling more than one character.

Are you certain?

I, however, accept your offer and will encourage you in this endeavor. If you agree, you can just post your character here and Aykorn or I will introduce him/her.
Although I am taking a chance here and making it so everyone is capable of making two characters, if everyone does, I may have to limit it...
Just a warning, if the rest of you guys want to add more characters into the mix. I won't deny you, but if everyone does. I will have to create a limit to the additions.

But! Everyone you're allowed to create a second character and insert them into the RP, and I'll allow you guys, as long as you don't try to exploit any loopholes. Just post your character and I'll read them over and most likely approve, try and make the second character link to your first character. No adults, you're still kids/teens.

Else you wouldn't be going to a high school, you'd be going to a college or university...

*EDIT* I've rescinded the removal of thoughts to the original plan. Aykorn has answered this.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Additional character requirements:

Aftter the standard bio:
Name(s): [Whatever your Inksona is named; nicknamed; titled]

Race:
[What are they? Inkling? Octoling? Anemone? Urchin? Jellyfish? Shrimp--there's a lot of them in this universe]

Appearance:
[What do they look like? What do they wear often and why? Any defining features that make them stand out? Got art for them?]

Relations:
[Family? Friends? Rivals? Enemies? Role models?]

Backstory:
[What made your character who they are? Defining events and turning points? Where did they grow up? Who was important in their life? Where are they now? Why do they do what they do?]

...include: What can be done with the addition of this character/ Explain why have a 2nd. This doesn't have to be super long. If you don't have a reason, consider only controlling one PC.

The option for having this 2nd character to not have internal dialogue aka. your own NPC, is pretty viable, too. (To clarify, you don't sacrifice internal dialogue by having more than one.)

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Sounds nice. Maybe after I work on him a bit more, I can introduce my second character, Bastion. Gotta think of a reason to add him though.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Reason is basically.... we don't want to let people control 2 characters if they can enact the same scenarios with the same character. It doesn't add anything besides letting you be in 2 places at once.
>.> 'cause keeping track of people is tough enough as is

Personally, I'd like characters with distinct personalities that are easy to keep apart, and add to the RP by revealing more about characters and giving a more diverse spread of personality.
So like, to appeal to me? Significantly different personalities, personal relations between characters... I'd approve those sort of reasons.

I'd also like it if having multiple characters doesn't crowd the RP or seclude the characters to the point where they can keep themselves busy and not interact with the rest of the RP.

"Reason" is just... having 2 characters can be mess if done wrong. Then it detracts from the fun of others in the IC.
As GMs, we just need something to judge if people can write 2 different characters well enough so that it's a good idea, and if you can briefly explain why your character adds to the environment, it indicates you know how to write them.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
I get what you mean Aykorn. 100% And trust me, if I do introduce Bastion, he won't be like Viola. It's very much a "One thinks with their heart, the other thinks with their mind." kind of situation. And i do mean IF. I'm on the fence on introducing him. I'm working fine with Viola alone right now.

Airmure

Senior Squid
I'm really predictable so I'm going to add Mimosa cause I mentioned her a lot when Ras is doing internal dialogue or what not.
She's the southern texas counterpart of Ras who's the northerner new yorker so i don't think there's going to be a lotta problems with personalities. I'd think it'll add more opportunities for interaction between everyone. WITH that aside i'll work on her bio/form in the meantime

mosse

Inkling
Apologies if this is stated somewhere else and I just missed it, but are new characters still be accepted into this RP? It seems super interesting and fairly popular so lots of content.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Talking on mobile here.
@InkAmerica and @mosse

Yes we're still accepting, but I'm pondering on how to introduce more students. Otherwise leave your entrant here and standby for approval.

InkAmerica

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Faygocat
Name(s): Flash

Nickname: InkAmerica

Race: Inkling (standard)

Appearance: White skin with Magenta eyes. Pink tentacles. She wears a beanie, red high tops and the layerd takoroka

Relations: Mother, 39(lotus) Father, 39 (Crash) Sister, 21,(Chip)

Backstory: Her parents were teenage parents who had her sister. They decided to not do turf wars and get a job and a small apartment to take care of Chip. Some years later they planned Flash. The family struggles to get by, though they loved their children and always had the basics for them to get by. Flash is somewhat quiet but if you talk to her she has lots to say. Flash hasn't seen her sister in years which kinda wrecked her moral state. She doesn't do very well in school, she is more interested in turf wars.

Attachments

mosse

Inkling
@Rustic
Thanks for the response and your work on the RP!!

Here's mine:
Name(s): Theo

Race:
Inkling

Weapon: Custom E-Liter 3k Scope

Appearance:
A dark skinned inkling with short tentacles usually styled haphazardly. He's a bit sickly and often wears warm clothes such hoodies, jackets, vests, and the like. His ink color outside of turf wars is pink and he can be easily identified by his signature surgeon's mask.
Also, art:

Relations:
He has an older sister, Teresa, who participates in Turf Wars competitively. You wouldn't hear him admit it, but he aspires to be just like her, although he isn't nearly as energetic.

Personality:
Theo can be seen as a cold-blooded individual at times, what with his soft spoken-ness and somber demeanor, however he is not nearly as intimidating as the front he puts on. More often than not he tries to make others believe that he is as competitive and hot-blooded as the rest of his siblings, but he's actually rather laid back and a bit of a slacker. His only passion is turf wars - he'd rather be sniping or sleeping than anything else.

Backstory:

Theo is the youngest of a family of athletes - both professional and recreational. His entire life has been a stream of competition and that only increased tenfold with the introduction of ink-related sports. He has always been slightly behind the rest of his family what with his allergies and weak immune system, but turf wars gave him the opportunity to have a role that while still pulling his weight he could operate at a pace that didn't kill him - and now the fire of competition has been lit inside of him like it has the rest of his bloodline.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Heyo
@mosse @InkAmerica

I'm going to introduce you guys so hold tight for a minute or two

ah, btw, Mosse approved.

mosse

Inkling
@Rustic @Aykorn
Thank you so much!! And just a quick question because I'll probably eventually draw RP-related stuff - I saw several folks mention a school uniform. Is there a design for one or?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Nope! Unless you count the gear.
I'll catch you up on the current storyline-- its not a school setting atm.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
It's true, we have lost a few due to time restraints =/ It is really nice to have some more in the story!

And I agree with everyone else. @mosse Your art rocks! =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom