• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
is there still room for more? or am i too late?

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
I'm no GM but, considering we've still been adding people, it's probably not too late.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Heh, I'll get my NPCs up, hopefully not spoiling anything I haven't said about them before.

If it isn't obvious who controls who, I guess it will be now. Give Rustic some time to get there's up if they want. I'm just going to spare myself having to describe my characters all the time since they aren't all squids.

@Zerul We've decided on a hard cap of 12 people, 6 per GM. I think Rustic may have been interested in another GM joining the fray, but I'l have to count it up and see.

EDIT: Yeah there's 10 right now, so there's a couple slots left. Rustic and I need to catch up with all the new players and interactions before we add anyone new though. So post your bio if you're interested.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wowzers, here are my NPCs. There might be some freebie facts about my characters along with the full appearances, but you'll find there's plenty of stuff I've left about them to discover.
Anyway, main point: Jordan having tentacle hair does not mean he's a squid!!! not even close
(btw, I have a pencil sketch of Jordan and Mizu somewhere back in the OOC.)

Camp Counselour:

Name(s):
Jordan Shorecrest

Race:
Anemone (Aggregating Anemone specifically, if anyone cares)

Appearance:
Tall-ish, dark skinned dude with large emerald eyes. Has mesmerizing green tentacle hair with purple-ish tips. Jordan is missing his right arm below the elbow and ???. In place of those he wears black, angular prosthesis, though he often removes his fake arm when relaxing.
Usually seen wearing a long sleeve purple-grey raglan shirt and a pair of gray cargo pants (that turn into shorts.) Sturdy laced hiking boots too.

Personality:

Horror enthusiast and all around facetious, Jordan is fun, laid back, and sarcastic. ...He has to tone down his antics as a camp counselor, but Jordan tries to be supportive and easy to talk to person. Super lenient and negotiable about rules unless people are being unsafe. Always planning next years Halloween party and will throw his arm at you if you "need a hand." He snaps really loudly.

Backstory:
When he isn't a camp counselor, Jordan lives semi-close to Inkopolis in a shared town house as the oldest tenant. Helps a skating group his roomate is in. He is currently studying Culinary arts as well.
Met Mira when ???
Got involved with ??? before ???

Name(s): Zarqa [Zahr-kuh]

Race: Cinnamon Clownfish

Appearance: Zarqa is small clownfish, with dark eyes, a red-orange toned face that blends into a black towards her tail. She has a single white stripe going down her side and orange fins.

Personality: Zarqa is Jordan's clownfish that lives in his hair, functioning as an assistant, recipe reader, literal right hand, general nuisance, and best friend. The two are usually inseparable. She's fussy, blunt, straightforward, but an endless worrier. Basically does all the worrying for Jordan. The more assertive and yet the less socially involved of the two.
Easily placated by reading materials. Zarqa reads everything she can get her fins on.

Relations:
Jordan & Zarqa: Best buds forever. Very platonic.
Appartment-mates: ???
Mira: A botanist and a long time friend of Jordan's. The original writer of their collaborative field journal. Likes food.
Shaxx: Boss-worker relationship, though Jordan's pretty good at charming his way around camp.
Mizuko: Jordan's new gossip buddy at camp.
Deniz: ???
Ms. Rockenwinder: ???

Camp Nurse:
Name: Mizuko Kirishima (Kiri-san, Miko, "Mimi")
Race/Gender: Inkling, Female

Appearance: Wears large white-framed, oval sunglasses. Has hot pink eyes and a general female inkling hairstyle (usually pink) that's a bit longer than usual. Has long-ish, straight bangs and elongated back tentacles. Pale skinned. Black, white and blue outdoor T-shirt, pink short-shorts, and Blue Moto Boots.

Personality/Background:
A squid from with roots in ??? but actually has live in ??? her whole life. Stylish, casual and indifferent, Mizuko may seem unconcerned, or have a lukewarm attitude, and in general seem apathetic or nonchalant, but she cares about people's health. She really does.
Her office is always open to campers, for whatever reason. Pretty protective of girls, and expects other adults to act like grown-ups.

Is a ??? ink battler, because she's ???

Relations:
Family:??? They're sort of important to her.
Jordan: Tolerates and makes horrible jokes with.
Zarqa: Appreciates
Shaxx: ???

Park Ranger/Resident Crab-ma:
Name: (Mrs.) Kara P. Rockenwinder-Gracillis; "Granny"
Race/Gender: Crustacean (Rock Crab), female

Appearance: Red, sort of rusty colored carapace. (actual crab person, so like Crusty Sean), Wispy curly white hair, mostly hidden by hat. Always wide grin through her mandibles. Triggerfish park ranger uniform, a wide park ranger hat, a bright orange scarf/ascot and thick, dark sunglasses. Sturdy hiking boots.

Personality/Background: Loud, bold and brash, Mrs. Rockenwinder is not your standard ????. Her other job is being a park ranger, where she loves and protects the nature of Triggerfish fiercely. She would also argue her other job is to look after her "grandsquid(s)" whether that means embarrassing them a bit or showing them young'uns how it's done. Eccentric, full of life and never backing down from a good challenge.
Drives recklessly in her off-road Jeep, but never crashes. Has lots of tips and tricks up her sleeves, and is always looking to pass them on to others.
Lived through ??? and is always talking about how when she was a little girl, she ???.

Relations: Shaxx: "Grandsquid"
Jordan:???
Deniz:???

Random Squid:
Name: Deniz Siyah
Race: Inkling

Appearance: Has medium length tentacles (usually lilac inked), one which they let loose, the other which they tie back. Has orange eyes with on-point eyeliner, and somewhat tanned skin. Wears a Takoroka mesh, a Pink Ski Jacket and Tan work Boots.

Personality: Apparently they're awkward and aware of that. Likes weapons? They live here.
Background:

(In all seriousness, Deniz is a character from something I'm trying to write so there's a lot to them that you can find out, but I'm not updating this part until I write them in TAtC or Deniz is prompted to say things about themselves.... so no freebies.)
Relations:
Jordan:???
???: ??
Shaxx: ???

Last edited:

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
So... I guess I'll be the first one to possibly find out bits about his backstory in character XD

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I'm going to have significantly more time coming up, so Rustic and i will have more planned in a bit, so hang tight guys.

--
Now for the main announcement.
Guuuuuyyyyss, can I make a request? Or at least warn you before my NPCs get snappy at people for doing things??

Can we stop bringing the current Splatfest topic into the IC?

Talking about current Splatoon happenings is fine, to an extent, but talking about the current splatfest themes as they happen in real life, while in character, is META-GAMING, as it is not information the characters would realistically have if they've been at camp for, like, 2 days.

It really screws with the chronology of the IC setting, and as GMs, we can't do anything about it, besides be like "blah we're horrible and keeping squids away from splatfest to be at CAMP." It's also difficult to work with a timeline that appears to be 1-2 days long when people are mentioning events that are 2-3 weeks apart.

Now, I'm not saying don't talk about splatfest/don't mention past themes, because those are part of the splatoon world. I'm not saying, stay frozen in your knowledge of new weapons or splatfests for the sake of accuracy. Your characters can know about new weapons or stages that were not available at the start of the RP because this is supposed to be fun, just don't make it blatantly obvious that time is changing differently in real life and in the IC because your characters should not know what happens in the real world. At least not in this RP's setting.

In fact, I would totally encourage an RP thread about talking about the current splatfest event as your character! Seriously! But this thread is not the place any longer.

From this point on, to anyone who mentions the splatfest topic, I'm not gonna "ban" you or anything, but fair warning. If you make your character semi-omniscient by having information that extends beyond their boundaries, I'm gonna be a jerk and creatively overstep my boundaries as GM, as a reminder to not do this. Simply put, you're gonna have a bad time.

EDIT:
Sheesh, in retrospect the whole "blah I'll be a jerk, gon have a bad time" was a little immature. Warning still stands, but I'll be tactful about this, I swear.

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
I want to join but with 20+ pages to read...i feel like a quick summery to get me up to speed would be nice.

also can you link a profile skelly?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I want to join but with 20+ pages to read...i feel like a quick summery to get me up to speed would be nice.

also can you link a profile skelly?
Profile should be copy-able from the first post (first page) aaaand what you need to know is that the setting/scenario is an overnight school trip to Camp Triggerfish. You will be a student arriving late on the 2nd day. Currently, students are hanging out after breakfast, waiting for camp staff/GMs to get their acts together. As for camp staff you don't know yet, I posted my NPCs a few posts back so you know what they look like. Rustic has a few too.

If you ask around, basically there was a giant turfwar that got out of control yesterday, we sort of picked cabins and we did a scavenger hunt, but that's pretty irrelevant to you now.

What is relevant is where people are at the moment.
I believe students Chaos, Zawit, Viola and Lucas are outside the cabins.
Payge, Lydia and NPC Deniz are in the workshop.
Raz and NPC Terrence are in the mess hall?? maybe Vivi or Vincent or Flash

I can't really track where the rest of the students are off the top of my head, but they're also around, if you want to check the OOC for their bios.

If you want to know the basic layout of the camp, here's
Cabins (Lucy's, Jordan's, RedJacks
Mess Hall
Nurse’s office/Camp leader’s office
Turf war stage
Workshop
Trailhead
Lakeside
Wood fort
Flagpole/camp middle
Storage
Campfire pit
If you want to look places/ don't know what is in an area, tag a GM. We'll tell you what's around, though for the most part, if you recognize an area/can imagine it you can fill in the details yourself as long as you aren't making things appear out of thin air. (So you can describe the woodfort having a slide, but not having a secret underground bunker. Have some logic.) When in doubt, tag a GM.

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Name(s): Zerul "Tank" Huntsmith

Race:
octarian

Appearance:
he is a Male Octarain. he wears Inkling power armor. but this version has been modified. To lighten the frame they removed alot of the armor plating. in favor for a hard light shielding. Its not very good at stopping ink, but headbutt him and you will be hurting. This slimmer lighter version of the Power armor gives him great mobility at the cost of protection.

Relations:
He left his family (explained in Backstory) No friends but would like to have some.

Backstory:
Zerul grew up in Octovalley. His entire childhood was forced to train his mind and body for a war with the inklings. When he turned 14 he was imediatly sent to the R&D facility. This is where some stolen Inkling tech was re-purposed for Octarains to use. He was given a modified Power Armor suit it was far lighter than the orginal. instead of armor plating it was equiped with hard light shielding. great at stopping physical attacks but inshots go right on through. He got the nickname "Tank" when he took on 3 squads of Octarian Elites in a king of the hill type game, and won. When DJ octavio was defeated that was a turning point for him. He actually stopped Agent 2 who was looking for more information to truly lock away Octavio for warcrimes. The agent and him had a talk, and she convinced him to come to Inkopolis to see that everything he was told was a lie. After being sent to Inkopolis he sees how vastly different. wanting to learn more he join Zapfish Academy. It took quite a bit of work to get accepted, but a deal was struck and he was allowed to join the school.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(Note: This does have bias from my point of view. Also as Aykorn said, it doesn't really matter to your character and this technically is meta-gaming if you use this knowledge.)

It begins with a scavenger hunt, where team Orange lost, and team Purple won. Apparently Shaxx stole a flag from Lydia, despite having one all along.

A huge fight between Shaxx and Forge broke out at the start of the trip to Triggerfish, causing the usual chaos and mayhem that would come from two Turf War veterans who are equally matched. They launched out several specials that drew the attention of the campers, who were prompted by Lucy to stop this fight. Viola(TACarbuncle) gets splatted and Lydia(Lydia) shoots Forge right in the kisser, shattering the bubbler he used, with a custom weapon, that had the wrong pressure tank. Sending him flying away, and then Chaos(Chaos Knight) decides to try to finish the job by shooting him and bombing him repeatedly despite the fact he's on the ground and not moving.

Lucy gets mad at them for going to such extreme measures and takes him, with the help of the students there, to the Nurse's Office. Where he was put there, with Terence who took an Inkstrike to the face and lived to tell the tale. Then we did a campfire segment, and Terence started to sleepwalk. Viola revealed that she's an Inkling flashlight, and wakes up Terence. Forge gives Lydia some carp, but forgives her for it. Viola tries to stand up for her, then the two(Viola and Forge) get into an argument.

Afterwards, Terence begins to sleepwalk again, and is recovered by Chaos, who dumps him off by the campfire and doesn't give him a second thought. Lucy(Rustic) and Jordan(Aykorn) get everyone to go sleep, and they go to their chosen cabins.

I don't know what they chose, as I forgot and don't want to dig through 5+ pages to find it.

Then everyone woke up and we introduced Granny(Aykorn) into the fray, we woke them up by getting a loudspeaker. You can guess what happened afterwards. We go to the mess hall and have a nice breakfast consisting pancakes and various types of juice. Then it comes to now.

Yeah, that's all that happened so far at the camp.

Airmure

Senior Squid
I'm going to have to be afk from the rp for a while since I'm busy. But I'll drop back in soon enough. I hope.

Ayykari

Senior Squid
Hi! I'm interested in joining the RP. My understanding is that there is still a slot left for players. May I reserve that while I work on a character? And also, for clarification, do I have to post a character on the OC thread before signing up here?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I'm bothering you in any way!

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Sorry for not posting a while in the thread there. Might have to be afk too since I'm busy for holidays for work. Sorry again not mentioning it sooner.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Oi, everyone.

I would like to ask people to state where they are in their posts, and that means everyone. Mainly because it's hard for me to keep track of you all and keep you active/engaged in the RP.

Also surprise roll-call in anticipation for everyone, because of an upcoming activity.

@TACarbuncle
@Lydia
@MacSmitty
@Chaos_Knight
@Plutoniumcube
@BlueDogXL
@Airmure
@InkAmerica
@mosse
@Zawlt
@Zerul
@Blondbeast

Come on in and make yourself known!

Also @Ayykari
We've reached our limit for RPers, which is 12, and you won't be able join, sadly. Sorry about that inconvenience. :(

However, to increase the limit. We're currently accepting GMs, and potential applicants will have to fill out a series of questions, created by me and Aykorn. Also PM either @Aykorn or me @Rustic if you're applying for GM. Plus for everyone GM that signs up, we get 6 more slots available for future players! Which everyone wants! Also the current RPers are able to join as well. We're currently accepting, and will announce the future GMs.

Now then. We want you to apply! lel uncle sam reference.
As a GM, you'll have a lot more free reign. You'll be able to control multiple characters, come up with new scenarios and make the RP more interesting as you see fit.

1. Skype is needed for communication for GMs. Along with your timezone, so we can talk between each other more easily.
2. We'll need at least one character that you control.
3. Are you up to the TASK!
4. How active do you expect yourself to be? Also you'll be working in a group, are you comfortable brainstorming/working with people?
5. Are you able to create ideas for activities for the RPers? Give us an idea as an example.

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
@Rustic we will need names of Locations that are Important. this way we can localize where people are.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
I'm here. Just letting you know you haven't gotten rid of me yet lol And Viola's just wandering the camp right now, after Lucas's prank shook her up a bit.

Last edited:

Ayykari

Senior Squid
Ah, it's fine! I'll just make sure to pay attention to the thread and try to join when spots open up. Plus, I still haven't finished my character due to having been busy these past few days, so it all works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom