Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

Ayykari

Senior Squid
Name(s): Lumea Pheile

Race:
Inkling.

Appearance:
Here it is~ File wouldn't upload.
She typically wears a Squid Hair Clip with the Green Zip Hoodie, and the Blue Moto Boots, because they're very comfortable and very easy to just throw on. Though, she does have an alternate outfit that she occasionally wears- the Studio Headphones, Camo Zip Hoodie, and Pro Trail Boots. The spots on her tentacles can also light up, particularly when she's embarrassed or blushing.

Relations: Her parents and little sister. Lumea loves them all dearly, but her sister and her don't get along very well because they tend to have conflicting personalities and interests.

Personality:
Lumea isn't very outgoing, and actually quite shy. She doesn't really know how to approach people or communicate with them if they approach her. Once the ice is broken, though, Lumea opens up considerably. She's a bit afraid of embarrassing herself in front of people she's not familiar with, thus making the first few statements the most difficult. Observing people from a distance is more her style. She tries to understand people's motives, reasons, and personality before judging them. Once she forms an opinion, though, she holds onto it and won't let go unless something proves her wrong. Lumea likes to know what she's getting into before starting something, and thus tends to have a lot of questions. She rarely asks all of them, though.

Backstory:
Lumea never prioritized socialization or athletic activity, and would instead read books or watch television in her free time. As such, she never had many friends and wasn't popular by any stretch. However, she was academically strong. She always had a fascination with Turf Wars, and would think about strategies or read about them as much as she could. Living in Inkopolis was a big dream of hers.

One day, her parents revealed that her mother had gotten a job in Inkopolis and that they would need to move very soon. Lumea was obviously ecstatic, but her little sister wasn't as happy. This caused a bit of a rift between them, and the two refuse to speak to each other. Her sister was to attend an elementary school somewhere in Inkopolis, and Lumea was going to attend Zapfish Academy. Unfortunately for both of them, they'd need to move in during the school year due to the short notice. Lumea was nervous about moving into an unfamiliar place with people she didn't know, but her parents encouraged her. They moved and, as it turned out, the school was on a trip to Camp Triggerfish. Lumea packed up and left immediately, though she was still late when she arrived.

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Well I suppose I'll release my NPCs. Have some freebie facts or whatever, along with their full appearances. As Aykorn did, I left some things out for you to discover. Also as Aykorn stated in her post with her NPCs, you can find a picture of Lucy on Page 2 Post #63

Name: Lucy Pleu
Race/Gender: Blue Jellyfish Female

Appearance: Short, obviously blue jellyfish. She obviously has no characteristics to distinguish her gender aside from her higher pitched voice and sense of style. Lucy wears a -slightly longer then usual- brown cardigan with a red/orange wavy striped tee inside. With a matching set of Designer Headphones, dangling on her neck.

Personality:
Natural born outdoors man er... Jellyfish and ??? fanatic. Lucy, ironically, doesn't know how to speak Inklish fluently. So her stories are mainly impeded by that. But she uses premade drawings and the Inklish she does know. She's an outgoing, jellyfish that seeks to befriend almost everyone. (As you need to do as a camp counselor)

Backstory: It's a mystery! Hint: “Apparently they've rebuilt this place tons of times!”

Name: Naomi Levitt
Race/Gender: Inkling Female

Personality: Naomi is a serious, active person. Although she's got a good will, it doesn't show up frequently and she'll let her temper come through. She's competitive and has a determination to achieve her goals and win them at any cost.

Appearance:Thanks to the -now- cold weather, she wears a Forge Inkling Parka outside. But otherwise she wears a Black Anchor Tee, to symbolize her love for Ranked battles. Got some plain old shorts, you know the usual. But she's styling with the Moto-Boots, cause it's brown and matches the green of the Parka.

Backstory: Naomi grew up in Inkopolis, at the condos near ???. Growing down there, she didn't have a pleasant time because of the rumors of ghosts scaring her when she was young. After a while she got over the fear because of her love of Turf Wars, picking up an ??? and learning how to use the ??? ???.
Forming a team with Jack, her new teammate. They joined into the ??? ??? Tournament, winning several consecutive victories. But suddenly, the tourney ended because of a '???'.
The two were taken in by Shaxx, who stated he saw wasted talent in the two if they were left to their own devices. He started their training in earnest at Camp Triggerfish.

Name: Jack Lasky
Race/Gender: Inkling Male
Preferred Weapons: ??? and ???

Personality: A goofy, lazy, but kind and good-willed boy. He's always willing to crack some jokes, even if they're not always good, and will attempt to lighten everyone's mood if they're feeling down or angry. He's a lazy person when it comes down to it, but he'll get up and defend other people if they're being attacked, even if it's Shaxx or Naomi.

Appearance: Jack is typically in a lazy-boy's outfit, a pair of slacks with the obvious Turf War player colored stripe on the sides, a Octarian Jacket thrown over a Reggae shirt and some Pro-Trail-Boots with red laces instead of blue.

Background: Jack grew up in Inkopolis, like any Inkling(maybe), at ??? ???. He showed a unnatural aptitude for Turf Wars... least when he wasn't sleeping on tourneys and other important matches. That's how it was when he encountered Naomi, she pressured him to join up with her on the ??? ??? tournament, where the two showed a impressive performance together. With Naomi's strong attitude and her vigil over the battlefield, they dominated them. After Shaxx's 'apparent' ??? of the tournament, he took them in, stating he saw wasted talent when they were effectively denied a victory in the tourney. Afterwards, that brought them to Camp Triggerfish to begin their training in earnest. Even if it means they have to solve petty duels when Forge and Shaxx come across each other.

Airmure

Senior Squid
MMM alright anyone interested in being a group PM thread/chat/discussion so we can just fling stuff back and forth? HMU if you're interested.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
MMM alright anyone interested in being a group PM thread/chat/discussion so we can just fling stuff back and forth? HMU if you're interested.
To add on to this, tag Airmure to be included to PM chat thread! It'll be a good way to chat with people outside of the IC.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Hey guys, don't try to pick a fight with the person trying to start a flame war on the IC.

completely ignore it-- full on silent treatment, we've already reported it

It's not worth trying to tussle with them

Sincerely. Thanks.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
either that person is ungodly lucky with not getting banned

posted everywhere in seconds

or its a legit account from a fellow inkling that got hacked

eitherway. dont start flame wars just report them.

Airmure

Senior Squid
Awful timing on my part but I'll be traveling for the majority of tomorrow so I won't be online and respond very quickly at all.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
Name(s): April May

Race:
Inkling.

Appearance: April is nothing short of the basics wearing a standard white Tee accompanied by the classic, yet iconic studio headphones that she heard everyone talking about. Her shoes are composed of multiple colors, however. Somehow, it's the focal point of her entire outfit.

Relations: April doesn't have many relations outside of her own family. Besides, she has only recently moved to Inkopolis and hasn't had anytime to meet anyone new quite yet. She has high hopes of making new friends, though.

Personality: Her personality borders around the energetic side. She can become extremely hyper at times, but that's what most people used to like about her where she used to live. Though, just because she can get hyper doesn't mean that she can't stay focused and serious when she needs to be. Though, she has never really needed to be before.

Backstory: April grew up in a quiet town miles away from Inkopolis. In fact, the town was so far out that even Turf War was rarely mentioned, save for the occasional news letter, or news report on the recent winners of a tournament. Despite all this, however, April found herself fascinated by the sport. She would constantly beg her parents to take her to Inkopolis so she could get in on the action. Eventually, they gave in, but for the sole condition that she kept up with her studies and attended school regularly. Not wanting to pass up her dream, she reluctantly agreed. As it turns out, April was never on top of her studies. She would have usually spent most of her time with her friends and gazing inside the windows of the local shops, dreaming of owning everything. Of course now, she has high hopes of making that dream a true reality. The only thing in her way now, is Zapfish Academy.

If anything here needs changing, I'd be more than happy to revise. Thanks, everyone! I hope to properly meet you all soon!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Name(s): April May

Race:
Inkling.

Appearance:
April is nothing short of the basics wearing a standard white Tee accompanied by the classic, yet iconic studio headphones that she heard everyone talking about. Her shoes are composed of multiple colors, however. Somehow, it's the focal point of her entire outfit.

Relations: April doesn't have many relations outside of her own family. Besides, she has only recently moved to Inkopolis and hasn't had anytime to meet anyone new quite yet. She has high hopes of making new friends, though.

Personality:
Her personality borders around the energetic side. She can become extremely hyper at times, but that's what most people used to like about her where she used to live. Though, just because she can get hyper doesn't mean that she can't stay focused and serious when she needs to be. Though, she has never really needed to be before.

Backstory:
April grew up in a quiet town miles away from Inkopolis. In fact, the town was so far out that even Turf War was rarely mentioned, save for the occasional news letter, or news report on the recent winners of a tournament. Despite all this, however, April found herself fascinated by the sport. She would constantly beg her parents to take her to Inkopolis so she could get in on the action. Eventually, they gave in, but for the sole condition that she kept up with her studies and attended school regularly. Not wanting to pass up her dream, she reluctantly agreed. As it turns out, April was never on top of her studies. She would have usually spent most of her time with her friends and gazing inside the windows of the local shops, dreaming of owning everything. Of course now, she has high hopes of making that dream a true reality. The only thing in her way now, is Zapfish Academy.

If anything here needs changing, I'd be more than happy to revise. Thanks, everyone! I hope to properly meet you all soon!
Approved! I'll introduce you in a bit.

Just so you know, we're in a camp Triggerfish setting; it's an overnight school trip at camp.
We're about to get ready for a hike so I'm going to set you down right where things are happening. Wait for me to introduce you and you can start!

To make this quick, assume you've been explained these things by the Camp Nurse/Mizuko:
As a part of your camp curriculum, we’re going on a 2 day hiking trip,” Jordan declared. “We’ll be hiking out the rest of today, setting up tents to stay overnight, then heading back to camp the next day.”

“Our first group will be going to Lake Firefish. It’s a lot smaller than Triggerfish, but this is the perfect Firefly catching location! The students going on this trip are Viola, Zerul, Payge, Zawit, and Terence.”

“Our second group will be going toward Aequorea Marsh. We’ll be camping on a boardwalk so we can watch as this place lights up at night,” Jordan seemed to reminisce.“The group going on this will be Lydia, Lucas, Ras, Chaos, and Lumea.”

Lastly there are some OC profiles floating in the OOC if you're curious about camp counselors. Tag a GM if you're curious about anything/ a setting.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
I mentioned it. Basically, Viola's hair changes shades based on her emotions. It pales and turns white when she's scared, sad, embarrassed, etc. It darkens when she's angry or jealous. And it flashes when she's startled, the more startling it is, the brighter the flash. It's noted at the end of Personality section.

@Zerul

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
Hey, I'm a tad curious. Do any of you guys have to wait for moderation approval before your posts can be seen by others or... is that just me?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Hey, I'm a tad curious. Do any of you guys have to wait for moderation approval before your posts can be seen by others or... is that just me?
mod approval? you mean by GMs? ZA is unfortunately too unstructured; people just post when they want. I'd suggest you just jump in and start posting since I've already introduced you.

unless you mean something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom