Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola had to stifle a squeal as the soldier fell in front of her. She looked over to his weapon, then back to him. "This is crazy...." She said to herself as she dragged the unconscious soldier into her hiding spot. She took his ink tank off and strapped it to her back before reaching out and taking his weapons. "Alright, just treat this like a Turf War match. Try not to think that your actually hurting people...." She said, trying to keep herself from panicking, though her nearly white hair screamed that it wasn't working.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
As they were closing in on the laundry room Eriana came bursting through the door weapon in hand, "AUNTIE!" Xexe screamed out, "Get in here, you'll be safe," Eriana said as she held the door open for the three children. Xexe and Zawlt nodded and continued to run into the laundry room, "Xexe, I heard the gunshots, but what exactly happened out there?" her aunt asked waiting on Coer to get into the room as well, "The military is after one of Gunoy's friends and nearly killed us all!" Xexe said, "The military? Would've thought they'd come for me if they ever showed up here," she muttered, "They must've really sunk low over the years if they're threatening children." When Coer got inside Eriana would then tell them to just stay there while she went to deal with the military.

@Coerulus

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul was tackled off of a roof and lands on a car. the soldier that tackled him gets up and tries to punch hunter in the face only to break his hand on the hard light shielding. Zerul tosses the person off of him and gets out of the wrecked vehicle. He was bleeding a bit from all the shots that managed to graze him. He looks up at the roof just in time to spot 4 soldiers jumping down. He quickly takes off down an alleyway trying to stay as far as possible from the military.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Aria, during the commotion, had grabbed several students who stood, dumbstruck, at the events happening around them, and hauled them away to safety behind the scared clerk's desk during the very one-sided firefight. After it was all over, she peeked up over the desk and stood up, giving a quick look at the students to ensure they weren't injured. "Are you two alright?" She asked, giving them both time to answer before vaulting over the desk.
@Vivian @ayyumeme

She checked around the lobby, ignoring the main cluster of students to search for any others she might've left behind amidst the firing line after she got Vivian and Neri to safety. After she was done, having discovered no one flopping around like an idiot in a puddle of Ink, she left the group to find their teachers. They'd probably know more about this good-for-nothing, trouble-making group.

After several minutes, their rooms were quite high, Aria returned from the stairwell with Forge and a now-very-worried Mr. Porta. The Jellyfish dashed with speed that wouldn't be common for a flabby Jellyfish his age, checking students seemingly at random for injuries. Forge followed and looked around the lobby, surveying the damage. "Would someone like to fill me in on what the Shell just happened?" Forge asked the group curtly.

"I can, Mr. Forge." Aria said. "One of your students just so happened to be a criminal, Zerul stole and then attacked--"

"For ff..." Forge interrupted her, already knowing the answer, he stopped himself from swearing in front of all the students, instead he sighed and facepalm'd. If Zerul was there, Forge would've personally thrown him over the island's edge for his stupidity. "What a stupid--" Again, he sighed and remembered the presence of the students. "Alright, so it's only Lucas here?"

"There's also Vivian and Neri, they're over there." Aria pointed at them, showing Forge.

"We're missing Viola, Coerulus and Gunoy!" Mr. Porta said the obvious thing, frantically searching the hotel's lobby, using the fact that he was a Jellyfish and thus wasn't affected by the Ink too much. "This situation is just getting better and better..." Forge grumbled, annoyed at Zerul's actions.
@MacSmitty

(( Welp, there's a post. Also, @Zerul keep an eye on your posts' contents. You've brought your prized Zerul into this, not Hunter. ))

Last edited:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola managed to spot Zerul shortly after landing on the car. "He doesn't look good...." She said as she went to follow him down the alleyway after the soldiers, trying to keep out of sight so she could potentially sneak attack them.

@Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Name(s): Zerul "Tank" Huntsmith

Race:
octarian

Appearance:
he is a Male Octarain. he wears Inkling power armor. but this version has been modified. To lighten the frame they removed alot of the armor plating. in favor for a hard light shielding. Its not very good at stopping ink, but headbutt him and you will be hurting. This slimmer lighter version of the Power armor gives him great mobility at the cost of protection.

Relations:
He left his family (explained in Backstory) No friends but would like to have some.

Backstory:
Zerul grew up in Octovalley. His entire childhood was forced to train his mind and body for a war with the inklings. When he turned 14 he was imediatly sent to the R&D facility. This is where some stolen Inkling tech was re-purposed for Octarains to use. He was given a modified Power Armor suit it was far lighter than the orginal. instead of armor plating it was equiped with hard light shielding. great at stopping physical attacks but inshots go right on through. He got the nickname "Tank" when he took on 3 squads of Octarian Elites in a king of the hill type game, and won. When DJ octavio was defeated that was a turning point for him. He actually stopped Agent 2 who was looking for more information to truly lock away Octavio for warcrimes. The agent and him had a talk, and she convinced him to come to Inkopolis to see that everything he was told was a lie. After being sent to Inkopolis he sees how vastly different. wanting to learn more he join Zapfish Academy. It took quite a bit of work to get accepted, but a deal was struck and he was allowed to join the school.
@Rustic im not sure what your getting so uppity about. i regestered Zerul. and Zerul i am using.

Zerul dashes down a side alley but leaps up onto the fire excape to hide from the troopers that was running right past him. He jumps down on the last one. "OK SCUM....oh...Sorry about that." He had inadvertently lept down on Viola. "Come on let get some distance from those troopers!" He helps her up and begins running away from the soldiers before they noticed what he had done. He stops every now and then to see if Viola was keeping up.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas was glad that the other adults had showed up and possibly saved him and the others students from a potential death. Now in a more safer space he listened to the adults speaking, Though hearing the Porta, Forge and Aria discuss about what happened, Lucas decided to chime in.

"Coerulus, and Zawlt went to the laundry room with Zawlts Octoling Childhood friend. As for Viola, I don't know where she went..." Lucas trailed off, worrying glancing outside and at the laundry room.

"
Do you by any chance now where can find weapons to fend these guy's off Ms. Aria?" He asked the older Octoling, rubbing the back of his head.
@Rustic

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola yelped as she was suddenly pounced on. She had planned to attack them from behind, and now she lost the element of surprise. "I-It's okay." She said, rather flustered initially as she was helped up. "Alright." She said, nodding as she quickly ran after him, glancing back every now and again.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Hunter stops at a wall. it was a dead end. "Crap crap crap" the soldiers had heard her yelp and was chasing them. They were cornered. "Give it up! we have you cornered!" Zerul pushes Viola behind him. "Give it up! This is only going to cause more issues than bringing me in!" They looked at each other for a second. "Sarge said to bring you in so we have no choice in the matter." Zerul was hoping Viola took this time to escape. He didn't want her hurt.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He panted a little as he got inside the laundry room, leaning against the wall while trying to shield out the sound of the fight still going on outside. He just hoped everyone was alright, especially his papa. He despise the idea of leaving him behind in the middle of a gunfight but he knew well Illex did it to make sure he was safe as any parent would. He looked to Zawlt and Xexe as he pulled away from the wall.

"Guess we're staying in here for a while til things cleared up outside..."

@Zawlt

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
In the lobby...

Eriana came bursting through the lobby door in a combat roll. She then got on a knee and looked around for the enemy only to see that they were gone. With the area secure she relaxed herself and walked over to the group, "My niece told me what was going on, are you all okay?" she asked them all. While she waited for a response from them she looked over the room at the mess the military made of the lobby. She could tell from all the markings that they were a rookie squad much to her chagrin, "Not only do they threaten children, but they don't even take it seriously either," she thought.

@Rustic @MacSmitty @Coerulus

In the laundry room...

"Yeah, it looks that way," Zawlt said, "but I'd still much rather help out big Z than sit in here cowardly." Obviously annoyed Zawlt walked over to a chair and just sat down. Xexe on the other hand was looking around the laundry room for something and Zawlt took notice of it, "Xexe, what are you doing?" he asked, "You saw my auntie with a weapon right?" she answered with another question, "if she has one, then she just might have others around here," Xexe explained. Hearing this perked Zawlt right up, "Huh, makes sense I'll help out," he said going to the opposite side of the room to search.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola clutched her weapon as Zerul stepped in front of her. "If you can distract them in some way, I might be able to take them out...." She said, trying to get a look at the soldiers.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul slowly moves forward as to not have them jump the shark and gun him down. Viola didn't want to run only wanted to fight so he was doing this to buy some time. Hopefully she wasn't alone in this. He stops in front of the soldiers. "You do realize where i was trained right?" The soldier shrugs his shoulds. "Dont know...dont care!" Zerul chuckles. "I was trained in the R&D facility. I was the guy testing various equipment and you want to know who i usually tested it with?" The soldier not wanting to hear any more tries to punch Zerul only to have his hand break on it the hard light shield. "I was training against the most elite squad in all of Octovally. What makes you think i cant take you on!" He grabs the nearest soldier and slams him into the ground. he was hoping Viola and whoever else was helping was ready when he started fighting again.

@TACarbuncle
@Zwalt

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola blinked as she say Zerul easily disable the guard, her eyes wide. "Whoa...." She said before shaking her head and prepping her weapon to fire when the soldiers made their move, doing her best to focus her aim on them.

@Zerul

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Aria pondered Lucas' question on armaments, "hmm"ing rather loudly as she thought. Before she finally shook her head and asked. "Wouldn't that put you in more trouble than simply doing nothing?"

Mr. Porta put one of his tendrils over his face. "Wouldn't leaving ourselves defenseless put us at greater risk to those thugs outside?"

"Good point... But well, helping Inklings, even if they are students and teachers, assaulting fellow soldiers and even an officer might, you know, get me exiled or thrown in jail while they toss the key off the islands. And you guys got a free boat ride into here and out of here..." She replied, frowning a little. Aria jumped and reflexively aimed her gun at Eriana before she relaxed and realized she wasn't anyone that would've caused more trouble.

"My niece told me what was going on, are you all okay?"

"Yes, most of us are accounted for." Mr. Porta nodded at the new person that had came in, he let out a relieved sigh after he got over his initial surprise of her entrance. "But, we're missing a few kids. Did you happen upon Viola? Small, purple Inkling? She might have went after Zerul, er... Lucas' friend, he's over there. You can ask him if you need more information, he was down here when it all happened."

"Hey, did anyone see your musclebound teacher leave?" Aria chimed in, looking around the lobby for Forge.

@MacSmitty @Zawlt

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He watched quietly as the two were looking for any sort of weapon to use to take on the current situation outside. He was all for finding and helping out Zerul but at the same time, he also worried about what would happened if they got themselves in any deeper. 'Well, we are in deep enough as it is...can't get any worse less we're all taken prisoner..' he thought as he stood and walked over to Zawlt and Xexe. "Find anything?" he questioned.

@Zawlt

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Eriana took a moment to listen to all who had spoken and sighed out of relief, "Well, that's good to hear that none of you were hurt," she said to them all, "since you're armed as well you can stay here and watch our tourists, as for me I will go after them." After saying that, Eriana then bolted outside the hotel in hot pursuit of the military. When she got outside however she was welcomed with quite the sight. Left and right of her were several unconscious soldiers, "Huh, seems someone knows how to fight efficiently," she thought looking over one of them. She saw several footprints going in a certain direction, and with nothing else to go on Eriana decided to follow them.

@Rustic

Meanwhile....

"Nope, nothing yet uhh...Coerulus or something?" Xexe said, "Yeah, that's one thing you two have in common to me, a somewhat ridiculous name that has to be shortened to refer to," Zawlt plainly said without thinking, "just call em' Coer for short." After hearing that she nodded at him, "Y'okay, Coer it is then," Xexe said, "Anyway we've pretty much searched every single wall in this room and nothi-WOOMY" Zawlt was cut off when he tripped and hit the ground face first, "Gunoy! Are you ok-" Xexe stopped herself when she noticed what he tripped on.

There was a handle right in front of his toes and upon closer inspection it was actually a door in the floorboard. Not wanting to be selfish Xexe then helped Zawlt up to his feet and directed him and Coer to the door he tripped on, "This just might be it, boys," she said reaching for the handle, but to her surprise she just could not get it open, "Oh come on, it won't budge!" she said angrily. Zawlt on the otherhand was just dumbfounded at how she was trying to open it, "Ya know, Xexe, I imagine it would be ALOT easier to open if you weren't standing ontop of it," he said pointing down at her feet. Xexe looked down and blushed out of embarrasment, "Oh uh....oops," she said getting off of the door. After realizing her mistake she once again attempted to open the door and this time it did open, but it only revealed a giant blue button. Xexe then pressed the button and a noise was heard behind them all. A wall they had previously checked was then literally lined with weaponry whether it was from Octarions or Inklings, "Whoa, Auntie, I'm sure you didn't need THIS MANY for anything," Xexe said, "Yeah, no kidding," Zawlt added in, "seems a bit like overkill to me," he said approaching the wall.

@Coerulus

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul was taking the brunt of most of their shots as he does his best to take out the soldiers. It was quite a ruckus hearing the amount of shots going off you would think the great turf war was back in full swing. Zerul was using the bodies of the soldiers he knocked out as a makeshift shield as Viola foolishly used the Octarian ink against the octarians. "Viola! thats not working. try changing out the ink!" He throws the soldiers he had into a small group before charging across the purple ink stained battlefield.

The soldiers numbers were thinning but there commander returns and gets the drop of Zerul. grabbing him by the neck with chain and forcing him to his knees. The few remaining soldiers turn there air to Viola. "Tell your pet to drop her gun or i will personally be your executioner! DJ Octavain has no use for Deserters like yourself! Let alone some Inkling filth!"

@TACarbuncle
@Rustic
@Zawlt

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"S-Sorry" Viola said, fumbling to change the tank to her own ink after realizing her mistake. As the commander suddenly returned, Viola let out a yelp, her hair letting out a small flash of white as she hopped back, looking to Zerul for guidance.

@Zerul

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( I just realized that I have a typo/strange wording in my previous post. Oh well, rip-erooni. ))

Aria sighed, watching the stranger bolt out of the lobby. She glanced around, with nothing to do except guard the shrinking group of tourists. However, she realized that Eriana came into the lobby, with a weapon. Remembering Lucas' previous question about weapons, she went to say something, but thought better of it, thinking that she was already in deep carp with her superiors because of this turn-of-events. But Mr. Porta had also come to the same conclusion and didn't have Aria's hesitance about it. He approached Lucas, warily giving a look towards Aria before shifting his attention back to Lucas.

"Lucas, didn't that woman that came through here have a weapon? In a hotel of all places to with one?" He asked quietly, as to not alert Aria. "I don't mean to sound like I'm encouraging violence, but perhaps she has more where she came from?"

@MacSmitty

---

Following the sounds of the fighting, Forge quietly followed the trail of unconscious soldiers and purple Ink splatters. And he hoped, for Zerul's sake, that Viola wasn't one of the splatters or else the boy would be in really deep trouble. He picked up a weapon from one of the soldiers on the ground and swapped out the Octarian Ink with his own.

After he did that, he continued on his way to find the two and help them out. 'These guys are having trouble with one kid?' Forge thought before correcting that thought that it was two kids, assuming that Viola is a competent fighter. Looking around, he searched for signs of Inkling Ink, a different colour of purple that wasn't fuchsia or whatever the Octarians used. Forge ducked down behind something when he saw soldiers, ones that were still up and about and not on the ground dreaming about Octopi things. He noted that they seemed to be concentrating around something, realizing that it was probably Zerul and potentially Viola they were crowding around, he crept forward to find them. Unknowing of his follower.

@Zawlt @Zerul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom