• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

All Multiplayer Maps

DaKid

Pro Squid
Another map which makes 10. It's another Skatepark but way bigger and wider that Blackbelly Skatepark it also has buildings you can get on too.

They actually showed this map before but it was kind of hard to tell it was a different map than Blackbelly until now.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
I found it interesting how at the end of that map there was a little bump in the middle of a closed off area. A bump for putting a spawn point? While all the other multiplayer maps are symmetrical, perhaps we got our first look at a non symmetrical map?

Setu

Another map which makes 10. It's another Skatepark but way bigger and wider that Blackbelly Skatepark it also has buildings you can get on too.

They actually showed this map before but it was kind of hard to tell it was a different map than Blackbelly until now.

That is just the waiting room for multiplayer matches which was shown at niconico, so I don't feel like I should count it, unless I see matches being played on it.

Protom

Pro Squid
Threads back from the beta I see
Salt spray is still looking like its gonna b my favorite ^~^
Town stage looks beautiful though..

DaKid

Pro Squid
That is just the waiting room for multiplayer matches which was shown at niconico, so I don't feel like I should count it, unless I see matches being played on it.
It's a map dude, during E3 they had Urchin Underpass as a waiting room too. And if you look at the 2015 pic you can clearly see it's not just a waiting room as there are no balloons to pop. Also the layout of the map on the GamePad showed where the other team would spawn.

Setu

It's a map dude, during E3 they had Urchin Underpass as a waiting room too. And if you look at the 2015 pic you can clearly see it's not just a waiting room as there are no balloons to pop. Also the layout of the map on the GamePad showed where the other team would spawn.
I just can't really see it being a 4v4 map. Looks too small + I haven't seen more than one inkling on it thus far so if it actually is a viable map, let's be patient and see.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
My favorite stage as of right now, has to be Urchin Underpass. It's a very combat heavy stage that would be very interesting to see if it turned into a splat zone map.

DaKid

Pro Squid
I just can't really see it being a 4v4 map. Looks too small + I haven't seen more than one inkling on it thus far so if it actually is a viable map, let's be patient and see.
You're not making any sense whatsoever, this map is way bigger than Blackbelly which is the smallest map so far. I've given you proof and examples. Whatever.

Setu

You're not making any sense whatsoever, this map is way bigger than Blackbelly which is the smallest map so far. I've given you proof and examples. Whatever.
Here's some proof. You can't possibly say that the new tutorial/waiting room stage is bigger than blackbelly skatepark, especially since the practice stage is zoomed in on. Besides, I don't think nintendo would make a stage that gives one side an unfair advantage.

DaKid

Pro Squid
Its still big enough to be a multiplayer stage, you can even see where the two spawn points are, its just more narrower, what six has an unfair advantage? It just doesnt have a mirrored layout on the opposing sides. Why make a practice stage so large in the first place. Like I said, Urchin Underpass was used as a practice stage and is a multiplayer stage.

Where's your proof or evidence supporting it's not a multiplayer stage because mine outweighs yours. Proof about it not being a practice stage with the 2015 pic lacking balloons "no other players in sight" doesn't refute that. Pulse you can see another Inkling wat the top of the orange splat where the Splatoon logo is on the 2015 sceen. And one of an opposing color on top of the purple ramp at the top on the right, and another orange Inkling standing on the top of the 1. Proof multiplayer stages have been used as a practice stage.

Not to sound rude, but you're wrong.

Last edited:

Setu

I'm not wrong about anything yet, actually. I never said it wouldn't be a multiplayer stage, I just said it would be best to wait until confirmed and that it is highly unlikely. The stage not being symmetrical, no multiplayer gameplay, and having a tutorial on it just makes it less likely to be a stage. I'll add it to the "Unconfirmed" section to please your impulses however.

Also updated the mini maps of the stages btw.

DaKid

Pro Squid
I'm not wrong about anything yet, actually. I never said it wouldn't be a multiplayer stage, I just said it would be best to wait until confirmed and that it is highly unlikely. The stage not being symmetrical, no multiplayer gameplay, and having a tutorial on it just makes it less likely to be a stage. I'll add it to the "Unconfirmed" section to please your impulses however.

Also updated the mini maps of the stages btw.
You said it wasn't a multiplayer stage but a practice stage. I just proved to you it is a multiplayer stage.... There's 3 orange Inklings coming from one side and a blue Inkling coming from the other. There's all the proof you need. Confirmed. Nothing is highly unlikely, it's a multiplayer stage. I just proved all your points wrong.

My God...

Setu

You said it wasn't a multiplayer stage but a practice stage. I just proved to you it is a multiplayer stage.... There's 3 orange Inklings coming from one side and a blue Inkling coming from the other. There's all the proof you need. Confirmed. Nothing is highly unlikely, it's a multiplayer stage. I just proved all your points wrong.

My God...
I don't need this. This isn't even gameplay footage, which means it isn't confirmed. If you are correct with this assumption, please just be patient and wait for more evidence. And away from all of that, the stage isn't even symmetrical, which would give an obvious unfair advantage to one team. Please use more logic.

DaKid

Pro Squid
You're blatantly ignoring the clear as blue evidence, examples, and everything I have showed you. It doesn't matter that it's not gameplay, it's a screen of the Goddamn game showing you. You might as well deny any screenshot of the game not being confirmation of anything because that's what you're doing right now.

You don't want to be wrong, that's your problem. I am using logic, I'm also using facts to back up my argument, all of which you're illogically denying and not presenting anything at all to help your case. Other than " it's not symmetrical" it's been made obvious that a stage doesn't have to be. But whatever, you can be in denial all you want.

Setu

All of the other maps have been confirmed either by actual stage names or by gameplay of more than one player(except for the town stage, but I think that one is clearly multiplayer). All of your "evidence" that you have shown me has been anything but confirmation. That 2015 pic makes even ME want to add it, but it would be a shame to disappoint anyone who was hoping to play on it if it doesn't end up being available on multiplayer. I appreciate all of your input thus far(which is a lot), but if you think what I'm doing here is wrong, feel free to make your own thread. Ugh, I have more important things to worry about than this pointless argument...

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
Well know that I think about it, why not just say its a Battle Dojo stage? There's only two inklings in that pic and a 1v1 on that stage wouldn't be OVERLY unfair.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Seems like some maps will favour certain weapons and strategies over others. I think Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall are my two most anticipated maps, at least from the screens and footage I've seen. Chances are I'll change my mind on that once I actually dive into the game.

dimefox

Inkling

My God...
Consider that this map was put together as an alpha/beta map, just to test mechanics, and will not be in the final release. This is Setu's thinking, and mine. So, there's some more inklings on it than necessary to paint that big "2015" on the ground, but so what? This literally does nothing to confirm this map as a multiplayer stage in the game we will know. The developers can pretty easily mess with game files to add and remove any content at their will, especially when this image was posted by them at a time when, surely, a final build hadn't yet been settled on. It's still not quite "1.0" even this close to release, I'd bet.

What you're doing here is saying that Ridley is playable in Smash 4 when the Direct footage only showed an obscure shadow of a thing. You might be right that this map is in the game, but we don't know because it's so unexplicit.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
@DaKid Unfortunately, as much as I'd love a map like this, they're right. The map is actually not big, for one, it's by far the smallest map we've seen gameplay of. Two, it's asymmetrical, which would never make sense in a Splatoon map. I think this map may be for either A.) the tutorial map, B.) the waiting room map (queueing up for matches), or C.) a totally radical overworld map much like the main area of Inkopolis.

Please let it be C...

EDIT: Actually after further contemplating this, I think the only possibility is the tutorial map. In the picture showing 3 Inklings, the orange inklings may be AI.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom