• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

All Multiplayer Maps

Setu

Alright updated. Replaced the pics for some the familiar stages with the detailed maps shown in the direct. Also I know that there was a little clip showing the "?" maps, but it is still unconfirmed. I will keep 15 in mind for confirmation, however.

EDIT: Also one new unidentified railroad stage and Port Mackerel confirmed. ^^ Let me know if there are any other findings.

Last edited:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Good. The initial stages is simply not enough. I'll be waiting for the new ones.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, I have to agree as much as I like the starters stage layouts, that is incredibly small. It might get a little repetitive after a while.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
15 maps is a good number. Considering Nintendo fully embraced DLC this generation, we might get new ones later this year or in 2016.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
I really do love the design of each and every one of the maps so far! They each look so different, and all of them look tons of fun!

Of the two in the trial version, Saltspray Rig was my personal favourite, as the narrow walkways contrasting with the large open spaces really upped the level of play! With the rollers it always seemed to be a battle for the top of the map!

As for Walleye Warehouse, the many nooks and crannies to hide in were great fun, and added a little surprise to the gameplay. I also noticed almost no one seems to notice the pathway to the left of spawn, even though it's a large straight that can get your team a lot of ink coverage!

I have to say, I'm most looking forward to Camp Triggerfish and Port Mackeral, mainly because the level design looks spectacular for both!

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
The second picture under Port Makerel is actually from a different multiplayer stage.

Its in the single player as the first time you encounter Octolings and heres a tip: where ever there are Octolings, that means its a multiplayer stage (we've seen them in both the Kelp Dome and Blackbelly Stakepark)

The name of the level is Kelp Dome Invasion, therefore, the name of that stage must be Kelp Dome

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
It seems the tutorial room has no chance of being a multiplayer map anymore (Not that it had in the first place, it wasn't symmetrical and very tiny) It's been turned into a singleplayer level, as shown here:

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
The second picture under Port Makerel is actually from a different multiplayer stage.

Its in the single player as the first time you encounter Octolings and heres a tip: where ever there are Octolings, that means its a multiplayer stage (we've seen them in both the Kelp Dome and Blackbelly Stakepark)

The name of the level is Kelp Dome Invasion, therefore, the name of that stage must be Kelp Dome
Came here to post this, you can see the stage in this gamexplain video:

I was actually wondering if the railroad/city stage could be Port Mackerel, but it doesn't look like a port at all :p (and they're not even that similar actually)

Also I'd like to point out that maybe Urchin Underpass and the map from E3 are two different maps, cross-posting from another thead:
Actually I was pondering about creating a thread for this but I figure I'll discuss it here, I believe Urchin Underpass and the map from E3 are actually two different maps, the most obvious difference is the section in the middle, at E3 the map has both "jump ramps" exactly alligned, and in Urchin Underpass they are slightly moved to the side. The thing is, Nintendo videos still show a map with both ramps exactly aligned, which makes me believe that either the map changes some small details from match to match (or another mode) or there are two very similar maps in the game, I wish I could take some screencaps right now, I'll try to do it later and create a thread to discuss about it.
Aside from that, Urchin Underpass has a new passage to the central area to the right, while the E3 maps only has a passage at the center and left side of the central area (from your team perspective I mean, it is symmetrical so what is left, right is confusing :p ). I'll try to get the screens later and post here.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
So about my theory that the E3 map is not actually Urchin Underpass, I've taken these shots, most of them come from a single trailer, the Japanese Overview trailer but a single screenshot is also from a GameXplain match. (JP overview: https: //youtu.be/9MozufxTrb8 I'm not sure how to not expand the video, remove the space to actually go to the vídeo).

As you'll see on the comparisons, there are significant differences between both maps, and all this footage is in the same video, so it is not just alterations that were done through development, but actually two different maps in the games, unless for some modes it changes some aspects and that is why both versions are shown.

Setu

Hmmmm looks like they made some minor changes. The Kelp Dome stage looks cool, I'll get some screenshot and update soon. Also yeah, the tutorial stage has a .5% chance of being an actual multiplayer stage, so I'll be removing that.

Last edited:

Connor

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamingMedia
Just in! Cory form the Nintendo Treehouse revealed in the BestBuy Google+ stream that the game will launch with 5 Turf War maps to play. Every week following the games launch, they will release a new map to play. It all leads up to Splatfest and the big August update.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just in! Cory form the Nintendo Treehouse revealed in the BestBuy Google+ stream that the game will launch with 5 Turf War maps to play. Every week following the games launch, they will release a new map to play. It all leads up to Splatfest and the big August update.
Well we already knew about the 5 maps (and exactly what maps those are) during the direct. But it is even more so great to hear it is every week! : )

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Anyone tried to piece together a map for Camp Triggerfish? I'm going over some footage and I believe I got the basics down but I don't have really any drawing skills and the map has a lot of verticality too which makes it more difficult to draw too :p

Anyway there is one section though that I can't figure out, to the point that I believe we are probably looking at two different maps in the same theme and not only one, look at these two images:

I really don't think these can be from the same map.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Was watching the Direct again looking for some info, and noticed this map when they explain Super Jumping, I believe it is from the City/Raiload-esque map.

Another Map.jpg

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
It's cool that there will be a good bunch of maps to play. And getting them on a weekly basis sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom