1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Burgers vs Pizza for next NA Splatfest

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Chaos_Knight, Nov 28, 2015.

?

Burgers or Pizza?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2015.
  1. Burgers

35.0%
  2. Pizza

51.3%
  3. But Xenoblade Chronicles X is on the same day!

13.8%
  1. BlackZero

BlackZero Inkling Commander

Don't be sad. We can all agree pizza is amazing no matter which Squid Sister you prefer.

I just hope somewhere, somehow, there is an Inkling named Oprah who will become a vocal supporter of Team Burger.

Noire likes this.
  2. Flareth

Flareth Inkling Fleet Admiral

Well, I couldn't really find anything like I was looking for... though apparently New Hampshire has the most pizza joints per capita?

Now I can't help but think of all the good burger places I know of... I don't regret going For Pizza, though.

Noire and Zombie Aladdin like this.
  3. Zombie Aladdin

Zombie Aladdin Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Overhazard
    Both pizza and hamburgers are highly regional, at least in the United States and Canada. Every major city has its own rather long list of notable pizza restaurants and hamburger places, though some are longer than others, with wildly varying styles and approaches (which also means each major city has at least one kind of pizza and one kind of hamburger not found anywhere else). Both foods also tend to be pretty inconspicuous, probably ironically due to their ubiquitousness: With a pizza place and a hamburger place around every corner (including the big chains), it's hard for a local place to get noticed unless it's really famous and/or really old.

For the record, I'm predicting Team Pizza will be more populous, not just because it's pretty universal, but because it will get the vegetarian vote (just as I'm sure what happened with Marshmallows vs. Hot Dogs, despite marshmallows NOT being vegetarian-suitable due to its use of gelatin).

Calamari likes this.
  4. Joseph Staleknight

Joseph Staleknight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    JStaleknight
    Malibu Burgers say hi.
    [​IMG]

But in all seriousness, I'm guessing the same thing going by my plaza. There are plenty of pizza supporters and just a few burger supporters last time I played. Granted, that might swing the other way over the course of the week, but for the moment I may have to consider the possibility of fighting my own side.

Zombie Aladdin, The ΩS and Graff like this.
  5. Graff

Graff I'm not funny D:

NNID:
    griffingraff
    Oh yeah dude veggie burgers are hittin'. Should eat more of them, personally.

6. Zombie Aladdin

NNID:
    Overhazard
    Oh yeah, definitely, veggie burgers are a big thing, though I've never met any vegetarians who actively seek them out--most of the vegetarians I've known just stick with foods that are meatless to begin with; they don't seek out meat substitutes (which is why I reasoned that the vegetarian vote will go predominantly to pizza. You also can't really tell if it's going to be great or if it's going to be awful until you try one either...but to be fair, regular beef hamburgers are like that too.

The best ones, I feel, are the ones served at Fatburger. Veggie Grill is definitely second, but they are so expensive. They're about $8 to $12 per burger.

Graff likes this.
  7. aceofscarabs

aceofscarabs Inkling Fleet Admiral

[​IMG]
    Clearly someone has developed a burger to surpass Octo Gear.

8. Prince

Prince Inkling

NNID:
    DankPrince1
    Wait... isn't Xenoblade Chronicles X already out? And pizza FTW!

9. Chaos_Knight

Chaos_Knight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Cha0sKnight
    Yes...in Japan for several months.

NA gets it this Friday, Dec 4....which is the same day this Splatfest takes place.

Zombie Aladdin and Prince like this.
  10. Prince

Prince Inkling

NNID:
    DankPrince1
    Oh that really helps with my confusioin! TY!

11. RedML51

RedML51 Senior Squid

NNID:
    RedML51
    At first glance, you'd think Burgers and Pizza would be fairly close in popularity for Americans... but Pizza seems to be dominating the popular vote. Perhaps the demographic consisting of young video game players is rather skewed toward pizza.

I certainly enjoy hamburgers, but I'm on Team Pizza for sure. (I'm thrilled as well to be able to side with Marie!)

Anyway, do you think we can convince them to hold the splatfest a week earlier so it doesn't coincide with the release of XCX? =P

Noire likes this.
  12. redacteddd

redacteddd Banned (6 points)

Too late. It's the sunday on the week of xenoblade chronicles x. nintendo can't time travel.

13. RedML51

RedML51 Senior Squid

NNID:
    RedML51
    Ah, right. For some reason I was thinking it would take place in two weeks, not one. xP

I guess the other option to prevent conflict would be to postpone the splatfest, but... well, that's just crazy talk.

Zombie Aladdin likes this.
  14. warghoul

warghoul Inkling Cadet

th.jpg
    Burgers.

15. Glass Eater

Glass Eater Pro Squid

Well to be fair Pizza and Burgers without "salt" or shall I say sodium is terrible.

16. LMG

LMG Inkling Fleet Admiral

I'll stay with the thrustworthy Pizzas. I even ordered one earlier o_O

Noire and Joseph Staleknight like this.
  17. Joseph Staleknight

Joseph Staleknight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    JStaleknight
    And I had one not too long ago. Delicious cheesy goodness...

18. aceofscarabs

aceofscarabs Inkling Fleet Admiral

Apparently 8ch's /v/ board is mostly going to be on Team Burger. A number of them are pretty skilled, so this might actually add up to a small but noticeable blip in the wins ratio.

19. blu

blu Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    blu_64
    So they did announce a splatfest while I was offline :p

I'll probably go with pizzas this time. Don't care about popularity really since I generally don't eat burgers much anyways.

#79 blu, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    Noire likes this.
  20. Zombie Aladdin

NNID:
    Overhazard
    Whoever plans the Splatfests seems to not really care if it's the same day as something else. The previous Splatfest was held directly on Halloween, for instance, a day when a lot of the game's players have something else to do.