• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Burgers vs Pizza for next NA Splatfest

Burgers or Pizza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
As a Callie-ist, I am deeply saddened by this statement. ;~;
Don't be sad. We can all agree pizza is amazing no matter which Squid Sister you prefer.

I just hope somewhere, somehow, there is an Inkling named Oprah who will become a vocal supporter of Team Burger.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, I couldn't really find anything like I was looking for... though apparently New Hampshire has the most pizza joints per capita?

Now I can't help but think of all the good burger places I know of... I don't regret going For Pizza, though.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Well, I couldn't really find anything like I was looking for... though apparently New Hampshire has the most pizza joints per capita?

Now I can't help but think of all the good burger places I know of... I don't regret going For Pizza, though.
Both pizza and hamburgers are highly regional, at least in the United States and Canada. Every major city has its own rather long list of notable pizza restaurants and hamburger places, though some are longer than others, with wildly varying styles and approaches (which also means each major city has at least one kind of pizza and one kind of hamburger not found anywhere else). Both foods also tend to be pretty inconspicuous, probably ironically due to their ubiquitousness: With a pizza place and a hamburger place around every corner (including the big chains), it's hard for a local place to get noticed unless it's really famous and/or really old.

For the record, I'm predicting Team Pizza will be more populous, not just because it's pretty universal, but because it will get the vegetarian vote (just as I'm sure what happened with Marshmallows vs. Hot Dogs, despite marshmallows NOT being vegetarian-suitable due to its use of gelatin).

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
For the record, I'm predicting Team Pizza will be more populous, not just because it's pretty universal, but because it will get the vegetarian vote (just as I'm sure what happened with Marshmallows vs. Hot Dogs, despite marshmallows NOT being vegetarian-suitable due to its use of gelatin).
Malibu Burgers say hi.

But in all seriousness, I'm guessing the same thing going by my plaza. There are plenty of pizza supporters and just a few burger supporters last time I played. Granted, that might swing the other way over the course of the week, but for the moment I may have to consider the possibility of fighting my own side.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Malibu Burgers say hi.

But in all seriousness, I'm guessing the same thing going by my plaza. There are plenty of pizza supporters and just a few burger supporters last time I played. Granted, that might swing the other way over the course of the week, but for the moment I may have to consider the possibility of fighting my own side.
Oh yeah dude veggie burgers are hittin'. Should eat more of them, personally.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Oh yeah, definitely, veggie burgers are a big thing, though I've never met any vegetarians who actively seek them out--most of the vegetarians I've known just stick with foods that are meatless to begin with; they don't seek out meat substitutes (which is why I reasoned that the vegetarian vote will go predominantly to pizza. You also can't really tell if it's going to be great or if it's going to be awful until you try one either...but to be fair, regular beef hamburgers are like that too.

The best ones, I feel, are the ones served at Fatburger. Veggie Grill is definitely second, but they are so expensive. They're about $8 to $12 per burger.

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
At first glance, you'd think Burgers and Pizza would be fairly close in popularity for Americans... but Pizza seems to be dominating the popular vote. Perhaps the demographic consisting of young video game players is rather skewed toward pizza.

I certainly enjoy hamburgers, but I'm on Team Pizza for sure. (I'm thrilled as well to be able to side with Marie!)

Anyway, do you think we can convince them to hold the splatfest a week earlier so it doesn't coincide with the release of XCX? =P

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
At first glance, you'd think Burgers and Pizza would be fairly close in popularity for Americans... but Pizza seems to be dominating the popular vote. Perhaps the demographic consisting of young video game players is rather skewed toward pizza.

I certainly enjoy hamburgers, but I'm on Team Pizza for sure. (I'm thrilled as well to be able to side with Marie!)

Anyway, do you think we can convince them to hold the splatfest a week earlier so it doesn't coincide with the release of XCX? =P
Too late. It's the sunday on the week of xenoblade chronicles x. nintendo can't time travel.

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
Too late. It's the sunday on the week of xenoblade chronicles x. nintendo can't time travel.
Ah, right. For some reason I was thinking it would take place in two weeks, not one. xP

I guess the other option to prevent conflict would be to postpone the splatfest, but... well, that's just crazy talk.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Apparently 8ch's /v/ board is mostly going to be on Team Burger. A number of them are pretty skilled, so this might actually add up to a small but noticeable blip in the wins ratio.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
So they did announce a splatfest while I was offline :p

I'll probably go with pizzas this time. Don't care about popularity really since I generally don't eat burgers much anyways.

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Yes...in Japan for several months.

NA gets it this Friday, Dec 4....which is the same day this Splatfest takes place.
Whoever plans the Splatfests seems to not really care if it's the same day as something else. The previous Splatfest was held directly on Halloween, for instance, a day when a lot of the game's players have something else to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom