• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Burgers vs Pizza for next NA Splatfest

Burgers or Pizza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Really convinced Team Pizza is going to lose
Same. Pizza has some really good players, but I think burgers has a higher concentration of them.

Every time I get a good team that has some chemistry, we get disconnected after two matches. It has happened at least 3 times now.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
I've been having a pretty decent night so far apart from Saltspray stupidity. I'm still on Burger Champion at the moment, but I intend to make it to King in the next couple hours.

It's true that I've been up against a fair number of lousy Pizza players, but there certainly weren't any on the team we just beat by less than 1%. It looked almost like a group you'd find in Squad Battles; three of the four players had the ND tag (the fourth guy was named Penguin), and all four were ranked S+. Oh, and their weapon set looked almost like a typical tournament set too; they had 2 snipers and 2 Gals. It was definitely one of the hardest-fought battles I've had tonight.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin

Pizza still had some decent players, but felt like last Splatfest with Pirates: an easy climb.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Yeah, there were plenty of Pizza players who couldn't save their turf if it mean much to them. Yet I still got a decent number of competent guys on my team so I didn't feel as awful as I did in Marshmallows vs. Hot Dogs. Even got a good vibe out of the whole ordeal:

08 Pizza King, Your Awesome Alternative to Burger King.jpg

Really, I'm more salty Mahi-Mahi didn't make the cut even though Arowana did!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'll hit pizza queen tomorrow but I don't care if Pizza loses. There are a lot of bad players on Pizza though and it will get even worse in the morning due to the kids waking up. *shudders*

SUPERJEM94

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SUPERJEM94

Where are those 24 sea snails at?
There were a few good pizza players, other than that, easy climb.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
I must say, this Splatfest went a lot more smoothly for me than the previous few did. I'm not sure whether it's because I was using a lazy weapon with Point Sensors and Kraken or just because Team Pizza had that many poor players (aside from the odd clan), but either way, I'm not complaining.

I'm in it for the Super Sea Snails, so no salt if Pizza loses.
Wouldn't that motivation give you a reason to care about the result anyway, since you'll get fewer snails if your team loses?

Last edited:

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I think Nintendo want to push for Pizza to win considering we just got our splatfest which is virtually ALL PIZZA.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
So, is this the next Team Pirates vs. Team Ninjas Splatfest? I'm judging from what people said on here.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
So far, I have actually been doing well as a Pizza. Most of the way through Defender and only had two losses so far. I must of been lucky enough to find a good team/the dynamo roller is broken.

The thing that sucks about Splatfest is that, unlike in Turf Wars, they make no effort to match you up with players of similar skill levels. Makes some matches just annoying, and the fact you can not see any of your team's results is more infuriating.
So, is this the next Team Pirates vs. Team Ninjas Splatfest? I'm judging from what people said on here.
Popularity wise, I feel like I am facing members of my team 1/4-1/5 of the time. The popularity does not seem as one-sided.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I'm quitting for now. Playing so bad, and I'm tilting hard. I keep making all the wrong plays and silly mistakes that I just shouldn't be making. I get a win here and there, but it just doesn't seem to be enough. Wow. I don't even know if its mostly me or if pizza as a whole is just awful. Most of my teams haven't been too bad, but, I can't help but feel I'm letting them down through random tilt via missed opportunities to use the inkzooka or simply falling off the map. :(

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Yeah, Pizza has only a slight edge on popularity and a slight disadvantage on skill. With the new x6 for win percentage though, I think Burgers have it in the bag.

I did get to royalty:

And I did eventually find a good team that I DIDN'T get disconnected from, so that helped.

It was a weird splatfest, for sure. Usually two people on my team knew what they were doing (me included), but two people couldn't ink or splat their way out of a wet paper bag. I'd often get a triple, but trade with the third, just to see my team huddled at the edge of mid, or inking the corners. Why even bother at that point, right?

If splatfest was worth less, then it might be fun. Currently, as the only way to get the incredibly valuable snails, it honestly is worth too much to just have fun. Either add another way you can get snails (preferably) or make the reward margin for losing smaller (increase snails you get even if you lose). Right now splatfest is more valuable than ranked, and that isn't good IMO since it is supposed to be fun party.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
This has definitely been more of a Lagfest than a Splatfest. If it's not a teammate lagging out (or intentionally quitting in an act of sabotage), then it's been getting booted back to the multiplayer menu because "the connection was lost". It's getting g quite annoying...

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
This splatfest sucks. I think more than half of my matches have had a disconnected player on my team

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Alright, so now that I'm fully rested and I think the children have put their controllers down, I've been getting some pretty good matches going. There was a match where I, as a Hydra was in the Large zone in Saltspray alone while all three of my team mates were down in the very bottom of the stage. I got ambushed by 2 Shooters and. . . needless to say we lost. I guess there's just some you just can't win.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
Literally two in a row. I'm gonna play the uncharted beta.

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
Yeah, I've lost an inordinate amount of matches so far being on team Pizza except for one win streak where I guess I had some really good teammates. I'm still cheering team Pizza on but it'd be very surprising if they didn't lose.

Oh well.. I'd rather lose with the team I want to be on than win with the one I don't.

Anyway I only played last night and I'm planning on playing a lot more today. I didn't have much trouble with lag when I played but maybe it's worse now that it's daytime.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't get why people don't like Saltspray Rig. I like it. :3 Though I am disappointed in no Mahi-Mahi Resort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom