• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Burgers vs Pizza for next NA Splatfest

Burgers or Pizza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I think all the pizza hacks created new NN accounts so they could try to win this thing by skewing the stats.

Pathetic.
Well unless they actually are hacking as in using illegal means to sway a match to their side. Technically it shouldn't have too much of an effect if it is high tier players playing low leveled accounts since teams are still very much randomly selected without taking into account rank or skill.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Noticing a lot of low level teams using high level skills which means these are likely a pack of slimy creeps that have to do what they have to do to make themselves feel good about whatever it is they have to live with.
Lol, what? Or, maybe just maybe, they grasp the concept of the game. Not everyone is absolute trash when they start. Quite the assumption you've got there.

Anyways, I've got my Pizza Queen, but I'm still not entirely content with it. I've never gotten below a +20 in ANY Splatfest. This one was just. . . so bad.

There were FAR too many games where I as a Hydra had to push to get anything done. While people with Tentateks and N-Zaps partied in the back I guess. I got my 18 Sea Snails though. I'd prefer 24, but you just gotta take what you're given. Done playing for the night. Lol, that was pretty bad.

Well unless they actually are hacking as in using illegal means to sway a match to their side. Technically it shouldn't have too much of an effect if it is high tier players playing low leveled accounts since teams are still very much randomly selected without taking into account rank or skill.
Some people just need an excuse. ;)

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
Honestly, with the win multiplier cranked up to x6 it is almost a sure fire guarantee the minority team will win most of the time unless the population difference is very small with both teams on fairly equal terms. Especially with NA's record having only once had the popular team also have higher wins, but both of the scores were only of a 2% difference.
There's no inherent advantage for the minority team in terms of skill, though. (Just look at Japan's Splatfests, where the trend is the opposite of what it is here.) That's why I wonder if the reason that the minority team keeps getting a higher win percentage here is due to a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
This splatfest was awful for me. I think awful doesn't even begin to describe it. I am truly having a Saltfest. It isn't even about Team Burger being better ( You guys did a great job!). The amount of disconnects was ridiculous. The amounts of battles I have that I could win or even lose because of a disconnect was too high. I don't feel that these matches should even count toward the total battles. I was literately stuck between 70 -99 champion for hour because my teammates disconnected at last min. I really need break after this. Congrats Burger on your win, though :)

U N Nown

Inkster Jr.
According to the news, there are those who are creating new accounts and, considering there must be some algorithim that decides matches, the potential is there for that to occur. Of course there is no control over the matter, except self, which is the point of the comment originally. Those who do this are creeps.

Lol, what? Or, maybe just maybe, they grasp the concept of the game. Not everyone is absolute trash when they start. Quite the assumption you've got there.

Anyways, I've got my Pizza Queen, but I'm still not entirely content with it. I've never gotten below a +20 in ANY Splatfest. This one was just. . . so bad.

There were FAR too many games where I as a Hydra had to push to get anything done. While people with Tentateks and N-Zaps partied in the back I guess. I got my 18 Sea Snails though. I'd prefer 24, but you just gotta take what you're given. Done playing for the night. Lol, that was pretty bad.

Never referred to anyone as trash, the term was "slimy creep".

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Really enjoyed arowana finally being in a splatfest, wasn't so much night as dusk though.

Well I chose team Burger and I must say I rarely experienced a loss. Had lots of lvl 50 already king/queen (I didn't start playing splatfest till today) that would carry the game almost completely by themself o.O

Even had a match on arowana where we got 82% of the map! Though I'm pretty sure 3/4 of that poor pizza squids team dced. It was a weird experience for sure.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
All of these comments about people experiencing lag and laggy enemy players makes me question why some blame only Japneese players for lag, since this is the NA splatfest and you are only playing against NA players. o_O

I'm just throwing that out there, and I probably missed the splatfest by now since I had to work for most of the day.

Oh well, what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
At this point, I feel like the trend of the less popular side winning NA Splatfests may have become a self-fulfilling prophecy. We had a few Splatfests in which the less popular side won, people got it into their heads that the less popular side would tend to have an advantage in wins, and now the people who are in it for the snails (that is, the veteran players) tend to opt for the less popular team on purpose, thus creating the advantage through their own actions.
That's what I did. I knew Team Burger would be less popular, and I wanted to fight the opposing team without any mirror matches. Got my wish: made it to King, big winning streak, only disconnected once, no mirror matches.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I've never experienced bad lag in Splatoon before but this time around, there was a lot of lag for me. :confused: It's so weird. I've never experienced this kind of lag in Splatoon before so it really caught me off guard that there was so much of it this time. Still powered through and managed to get to Queen~ ^.^"

I was on Team Burger and frankly... Team Pizza really confused me throughout the entire Splatfest. The quality of gameplay that I was seeing from Team Pizza was very confusing. Let's just say that it was not very good and I've never seen this kind of bad gameplay so often in a Splatfest before. o.O I know that I won most of my battles against Team Pizza with barely any losses. It was kind of crazy.

I know that if Team Burger wins, most people are going to say that Team Pizza only lost because they were more popular... But... Maybe Team Pizza players should step back and re-evaluate the way their team was playing. A loss is not always caused just because a team is more popular.

Sometimes, a team is just worse.

Like Planes VS. Cars. Planes didn't lose because we were more popular. Planes lost because more of our players were just plain bad. I'm saying this as someone who was on Team Plane. We didn't do well and we lost most of our matches because our team played like they had never used their weapons before. From my point of view, it seemed very similar for Team Pizza this time around.

U N Nown

Inkster Jr.
Regardless they're empty assumptions and completely unwarranted.

Git Gud.
Far from empty assumptions, and not my creation.

Funny how the messenger passing on information seems to always be the target rather than the facts.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
All of these comments about people experiencing lag and laggy enemy players makes me question why some blame only Japneese players for lag, since this is the NA splatfest and you are only playing against NA players. o_O

I'm just throwing that out there, and I probably missed the splatfest by now since I had to work for most of the day.

Oh well, what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
People don't want to admit that US ISPs are terrible. Admittedly with AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, and Time Warner as the only Big Providers in the country (barring Google Fiber), it's not difficult to see why lag is such an issue.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Far from empty assumptions, and not my creation.

Funny how the messenger passing on information seems to always be the target rather than the facts.
Lol, so it's a fact those people were smurfing? Or are you just making an assumption on nothing other than they were doing good?

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I mean, it wasn't as bad as some other ones as a lot of losses were fairly close. But I witnessed some maddeningly bonehead plays from team pizza.

I honestly feel splatfests are broken. Sea snails are too valuable to leave them up ONLY to splatfests. It isn't fun anymore and hasn't been for some time. My wife gives up after 3 matches because they just aren't fun. The casuals get destroyed during a splatfest because all the serious players are gunning for those sea snails.
The level of competition in this splatfest was definitely a lot higher than what I'd seen in free battles the past couple of days, so as a casual who got destroyed, I agree with you on that last point. I'm not really sure if there's a solution to that though. I mean, I feel like Nintendo wants everyone to be a part of the splatfest, so they probably aren't going to only open it up to certain ranks.

Made it to Pizza King/Queen...Team Pizza is really bad. There's so many level 10-20's, so many disconnects, this is the worse splatfest I had, and I played every splatfest.
Most of my wins were vs my own team, I literally KO'd the enemy team, and Team Pizza were so far at the spawn that it didn't matter. I thought it would never end.
I was one of the low level people on Team Pizza, sorry about that. I've only had the game for a couple of days and I wanted to see what a Splatfest was like.

It did seem like the teams were sort of unbalanced though; I noticed there were a lot of experienced players on Team Burgers and a bunch of less experienced players like me on Team Pizza.

While I didn't really have any lag myself, I did see some teammates disconnect at the beginning of a match. Maybe I was just lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom