• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Burgers vs Pizza for next NA Splatfest

Burgers or Pizza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Strange, this is the first Splatfest I've had with zero connection problems besides the occasional hiccup. Don't know if being on the less popular burger team has anything to do with it...

Though I will say that burger isn't devoid of dumb players either, like one time someone STILL plants beacons on spawn.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Worst LAG-fest ever. Complete joke. Either it's freezing, or you're playing with 2 out of your 4 players because they are booted.

FIX THIS NINTENDO
It's pretty sad to see Nintendo's online services still have issues this day and age. Heck, I keep seeing players getting d/c few days ago. Glad I wasn't a part of this Splatfest. Sounds like a laggy mess.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
Hearing about all the lag and disconnect make me don't want play that much. I don't care if pizza losing but the lag is discouraging. :(

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Made it to Pizza King/Queen...Team Pizza is really bad. There's so many level 10-20's, so many disconnects, this is the worse splatfest I had, and I played every splatfest.
Most of my wins were vs my own team, I literally KO'd the enemy team, and Team Pizza were so far at the spawn that it didn't matter. I thought it would never end.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
My god. You guys weren't lying. Laggy roller, Laggy Sniper even Laggy BUBBLES. I need snails but I just dont know.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Finally made it to Royal status. Man, that took a lot longer than it should've. But hey, a new day, a new attitude, and I actually won a good amount of matches against the Burgers. I consider my work here finished.

Although I must admit, I'm a little struck by the lack of Pizza Royals. I've met what, two? And 17 hours into the Splatfest, to boot? Are we really that bad?

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Finally made it to Royal status. Man, that took a lot longer than it should've. But hey, a new day, a new attitude, and I actually won a good amount of matches against the Burgers. I consider my work here finished.

Although I must admit, I'm a little struck by the lack of Pizza Royals. I've met what, two? And 17 hours into the Splatfest, to boot? Are we really that bad?
Stopped playing the match I got to Pizza King.

It's painful. Why would I want to play any more?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Wow, this Splatfest has been one of the best in regards to DCs and lag issues for me, by which I mean there have been very few of either. I am on Team Burger, so that may explain it.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Wow, this Splatfest has been one of the best in regards to DCs and lag issues for me, by which I mean there have been very few of either. I am on Team Burger, so that may explain it.
And yet when I finally got to play against another burger team, the game lagged to no end and then killed the room for me. It's like the game doesn't want me to accomplish anything.

I seriously wonder why I even bother playing Splatfests anymore. I have over 4 million coins and basically have no need for snails, so why do I do it if all it does is make me angry?

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Despite all the horror stories about Team Pizza this splatfest, I found this one nice. The map selection is nice (I love Rig and Museum, and finally Mall in a splatfest) I had minimal lag, and I only lost 7 games on all the way (and a few games after) to King, and about half were my own team. Lucky splatfest for me, both in good teams and in getting a perfect triple on my tee.

To all the actually competent people on both teams, kudos. Let the best food win.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Despite all the horror stories about Team Pizza this splatfest, I found this one nice.
I mean, it wasn't as bad as some other ones as a lot of losses were fairly close. But I witnessed some maddeningly bonehead plays from team pizza.

I honestly feel splatfests are broken. Sea snails are too valuable to leave them up ONLY to splatfests. It isn't fun anymore and hasn't been for some time. My wife gives up after 3 matches because they just aren't fun. The casuals get destroyed during a splatfest because all the serious players are gunning for those sea snails.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
At this point, I feel like the trend of the less popular side winning NA Splatfests may have become a self-fulfilling prophecy. We had a few Splatfests in which the less popular side won, people got it into their heads that the less popular side would tend to have an advantage in wins, and now the people who are in it for the snails (that is, the veteran players) tend to opt for the less popular team on purpose, thus creating the advantage through their own actions.

U N Nown

Inkster Jr.
Noticing a lot of low level teams using high level skills which means these are likely a pack of slimy creeps that have to do what they have to do to make themselves feel good about whatever it is they have to live with.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
At this point, I feel like the trend of the less popular side winning NA Splatfests may have become a self-fulfilling prophecy. We had a few Splatfests in which the less popular side won, people got it into their heads that the less popular side would tend to have an advantage in wins, and now the people who are in it for the snails (that is, the veteran players) tend to opt for the less popular team on purpose, thus creating the advantage through their own actions.
Honestly, with the win multiplier cranked up to x6 it is almost a sure fire guarantee the minority team will win most of the time unless the population difference is very small with both teams on fairly equal terms. Especially with NA's record having only once had the popular team also have higher wins, but both of the scores were only of a 2% difference.

Just the fact we have a x6 multiplier now makes even a 2% difference (least possible difference) already require population to be 12% different. Personally felt the x4 multiplier was more than satisfactory and NA's Splatfest record can attest to how close those could be.

U N Nown

Inkster Jr.
I think all the pizza hacks created new NN accounts so they could try to win this thing by skewing the stats.

Pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom