• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Enough With The Furries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scootaloon

Inkling
Two points here,

One, if you want a fad (furry miiverse posts) to die down, fighting it doesn't help, just shrug it off, let it die down on it's own. It probably won't go 100% away because of the content but it'll become a much more minor thing. The reason it's snowballing is that people are making posts to counter it. As a furry, I get a chuckle out of the jokes involving them, but I understand its not cool for a lot of people. Blowing on the fire will just make it burn brighter though.

Two... Furries and Splatoon kinda aren't something that can be 100% separated, at the heart of it, inklings are pretty similar to furries. If you really object to this, that's okay. Report any furry thing you see, but vocalizing your dislike won't help you here friend.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
I honestly do not see any of these furry memes within the Inkopolis Plaza, though that might be because I didn't look deep enough.

I honestly have no problems with furries though.

EDIT: Oh, we're talking about in-game. My mistake.

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
as long as the drawings aren't sexual i don't really care what they do

it's just a funny joke that spread fast kinda like when everyone started drawing Sans in the first game
I mean, sans was just a direct result of Undertale taking over the entire internet with its success. That's kind of expected, and I expected it here since Splatoon 2 now has Ketchup related stuff. But where the hell did FURRIES come from? SPLATOON'S PLANET EARTH DOESN'T HAVE MAMMALS ANYMORE (except for Judd and Li'l Judd, but that was just because of some whacko scientist's work before he got wiped off the face of the earth)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I mean, sans was just a direct result of Undertale taking over the entire internet with its success. That's kind of expected, and I expected it here since Splatoon 2 now has Ketchup related stuff. But where the hell did FURRIES come from? SPLATOON'S PLANET EARTH DOESN'T HAVE MAMMALS ANYMORE (except for Judd and Li'l Judd, but that was just because of some whacko scientist's work before he got wiped off the face of the earth)
Why do you think the game's story has anything to do with it? People have been posting stuff from outside the game since the launch of the first one. It's not really relevant.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Why do you think the game's story has anything to do with it? People have been posting stuff from outside the game since the launch of the first one. It's not really relevant.
Because here's a twist: The Sunken Scrolls have shown human skeletons before, so.... Undertale stuff is slightly justified (barely, but slightly).

ITISALLCONNECTEDHAHAHAHAnotreallythoughimjustsofedupwiththisstuff

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Because here's a twist: The Sunken Scrolls have shown human skeletons before, so.... Undertale stuff is slightly justified (barely, but slightly).

ITISALLCONNECTEDHAHAHAHAnotreallythoughimjustsofedupwiththisstuff
Sooooo just turn off the posts and then you don't have to deal with it.

Reactions: Lyn

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
RAWR!!
(/ .□.)\ ︵╰(゜Д ゜)╯︵ /(.□. \)

Everyone needs to stuff it and get their heads in the game! This is Splatoon 2 and Nintendo has taken off the child safety locks!

That means when I stroll around Inkopolis Square I'm expecting questionable and risqué artwork involving ink and tentacles!

Am I getting that? No! Instead of fad I have people complaining about furry art, retaliation via furry art, and random Undertale stuff to break it up. I have a mischievous need that is not being met people!! And no side is helping. So stop it. This is not fresh! Stop it and pool your collective talents together. Help and encourage each other to create more Splatoon related art (that can veer towards questionable and risqué). And if somehow you manage to involve fur/mammals in a theme involving ink and tentacles... hmm... I'll allow it and give you bonus points for creativity.

But if this nonsense keeps up, I'm gonna have to improve my art game and start posting questionable and risqué art involving ink and tentacles to quixotically get us back on track!:p </sarcasm?>

Maave

Inkling Commander
I think it's hilarious. It's a fad, it'll die in a month or less just like the Selfies in Splat1.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
All you furry haters must of voted for Trump..... Hah I crack myself up. Who really cares? First world problems...

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
IDK where the furries meme got started, but as far as I can tell it's just popped up in the last week or so. This is just like when everything was Undertale for like a month. Mildly annoying (for me), but whatever. If it's well drawn, yeah it and move on, no big deal. Same thing here.

Though I do agree there's been at least one I've seen that borders on NSFW. Team Mayo too. C'mon y'all, try and stay classy :(

Just turn off the art visibility and give it till after Splatfest, then try again. With us being region-specific now it's pretty much guaranteed you'll see the good stuff again sooner rather than later.

IceIceSquiddy

Inkling
Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. All this furry spam in Inkopolis Square has made me despise furries, and I've got a friend who is one! But like it's already been said, there's not much we can do other than report the posts that do cross the line and hope this furry fad dies out sooner rather than later.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This is just not ok anymore.
I feel the need to repeat what was said before... it really doesn't matter. Why are you so up and up about it?
Also you really don't have to make a thread about every little thing, also considering this really feels like a Squid Social post rather than a general one.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I feel the need to repeat what was said before... it really doesn't matter. Why are you so up and up about it?
Also you really don't have to make a thread about every little thing, also considering this really feels like a Squid Social post rather than a general one.
Don't put it in small text, just say it to my face
-_-
It's not like I'll bite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom