• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Enough With The Furries

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
As a normie I find the whole situation hilarious. And it's better drawn then the usual memeverse crap so I can't say I mind.

I mean... Splatoon already has it's toes in the furry side of things, and Nintendo has a stronger connection to furries because of Pokémon, Starfox and Sonic. That there's a lot of furries playing Splatoon shouldn't exactly be a shocker. Preeeetty sure there's more then a few big names in the Splatoon community that are furries, so...

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Let's just say, Trump probably built some of the Inkopolis Skyscrapers.
I don't get the joke if there is one.... Humans are extinct in Splatoon (AS THEY SHOULD BE, said me the most misanthropic person on the forums).

lapin

Inkling
NNID
despairing-touko
I dunno, I find the fad really funny. It even brought up a discussion between some friends, and we came to the conclusion that if Pearl had a fursona, it'd be a rabbit. It was silly.
I love seeing people draw what they please. As long as it's something kids can look at, I think there's nothing wrong with it! Also, the art is cute and pretty. Some of these artists are really talented. I doubt any of the posts in the square are serious anyways.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I dunno, I find the fad really funny. It even brought up a discussion between some friends, and we came to the conclusion that if Pearl had a fursona, it'd be a rabbit. It was silly.
I love seeing people draw what they please. As long as it's something kids can look at, I think there's nothing wrong with it! Also, the art is cute and pretty. Some of these artists are really talented. I doubt any of the posts in the square are serious anyways.
Some of them are cute, but those are mostly ones that aren't actual furries, just animals that are expressing emotions in a humanoid manner (most of the time, it's just the head or face). The ones that make me gag or are kind of just disturbing are the ones where it looks like they took a human head, shoved a beak onto it, and make it stare at you like the guy from the Old Spice Timber commercials.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
No one else found it funny. Eh!
I guess no one 'gets it.'

What if there was a lot of pro gay posts in inkopolis and someone made a thread named enough with the gays already and everyone came and piled on? Or is it cool and fresh to rip on furries because they can be annoying and lots of people just dont get 'it?' They are freaking harmless but i guess its ok to hate on a group if the mob goes with it. My original post was basically a 'lighten up' one and here we are... Go fig.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander

What if there was a lot of pro gay posts in inkopolis and someone made a thread named enough with the gays already and everyone came and piled on? Or is it cool and fresh to rip on furries because they can be annoying and lots of people just dont get 'it?' They are freaking harmless but i guess its ok to hate on a group if the mob goes with it. My original post was basically a 'lighten up' one and here we are... Go fig.
In one way or another, everyone is still sore about this year's election, so bringing anything related to it up for the sole purpose of having a snarky comment to add is like kicking a bear in the crotch and expecting it to treat you any differently than Goldilocks was in the original story of Goldilocks (SPOILER: They all mualed and ATE HER).

Also, I literaly said that in the first place that I do not "hate" them. I'm just saying that Splatoon 2 is not a place for it. DETAILS.
THEY ARE IMPORTANT.

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
Suggestive posts should be reported, these definitely have no place.

As for the actual furry posts, we just have to accept that it happens. Nothing you say or do will ever reach all of the furries, and a large portion of them would ignore it regardless. If you find the standard, SFW furry posts annoying, simply ignore them, while upvoting posts you'd rather see as those pop in. As this opinion becomes that of the majority, the furry flood will die down and be replaced with the standard "not miiverse" content.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

Claiming something is a joke and that no one else "gets it" is a pretty common defense when people don't go along with a comment that's objectionable. As for your comparison, if this thread was about gays it'd have gone down largely the same, maybe a dash more outrage but ultimately the same "It'll move on in a few weeks" comments.

Just accept that your sense of humor didn't light the thread on fire and move on.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Just an update, this is to anyone who thinks that we're the only one bashing the opposing side.
No, they are just as bad, if not worse.
File_000.jpeg

Zwei

Full Squid
NNID
ZweiMC
Just an update, this is to anyone who thinks that we're the only one bashing the opposing side.
No, they are just as bad, if not worse.
View attachment 5325
One "not miiverse" post that's clearly in a lighthearted and joking manner demonstrates as much distolerance as a widespread dislike of the furry comments, manifested in every corner of the english-speaking splatoon community? I don't think so.

EDIT: added quote box to make it clearer who this statement is directed at

jkid391

Senior Squid
So, just a question, in the beginning of this thread people were talking about how there were a ton of Undertale drawings and stuff in the first game. I'm not seeing much of a problem with that, but not only that, I never actually saw any Undertale posts for the first game, in-game and on Miiverse. I've been playing the first and second games since their respective launches, and I haven't seen an Undertale post until today (it was the one with Sans holding ketchup, pretty sure most of you have seen it.) Where were these Undertale posts? What's the problem with them?
I know the Undertale fandom is terrible and all, but what's so bad with the occasional drawing of a skeleton or dog?

As for the Furry stuff in Splatoon 2, I hate it. There is way too much of it. Aside from maybe some random drawing of a character from another game or series like Sans or Spongebob, ALL I SEE ARE FURRIES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom