Votes: 23 23.0%
  • joining Team Patrick!

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • currently undecided!

Votes: 32 32.0%

• Total voters

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Man, it started well enough. I decided to side with Team Patrick, and I noticed right away that we were kicking some serious tail. The only people to put up a fight were my fellow Sea Stars, whom I would up fighting every now & then. Got a good team, had some killer luck... then my I lost the connection to my team, which gave me an excuse to grab a bite to eat.

I come back about an hour later, and it's a bloody nightmare. I know why, it's because I'd amassed enough Splatfest Power to be assigned into the higher skill brackets, but I found myself regularly getting my *** kicked. This is also the point where I ended up fighting other Patrick Teams more often than not; I'm at least thankful that they can hold their own, but still... Probably the most frustrating Splatfest I've had in a while.

I'm considering getting back into it either later on tonight or sometime before it ends tomorrow, to see if I can break into the Top 100. I doubt I'll get there, but a squidiot can dream, right?

On a related note: S-Rank players, are y'all still having a hard time finding a match?

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
On a related note: S-Rank players, are y'all still having a hard time finding a match?
Surprisingly no! I had horrible issues last splatfest, this splatfest I have had almost no issues. I have had a couple lobbies get confused and time out, but that's it, never a timeout to find other team members.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
Well I am done with this splatfest, just tired, but satisfied. Unlike most other team Patrick people, I only lost about 10 matches total, out of many. Barely fought team Spongebob, it's basically been a civil war. Ending with a power of 2211, hopefully going to be top 5!

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
Had a great time getting to Queen on team Patrick, A+ 1400 starting power. My name was KNIC. Only 4 or so patrick on patrick battles.

I brought Custom Hydra Splatling and protected mid all fest. Had a handful of good teams, they would eventually learn that my spamming of "C'mon" meant I had a bubbler ready to go.

Between the "light" special loss, a Tenacity hat, and the shirt Special saver, I felt like I was able to bubble save teammates 4 times a match, on average. Seemed especially useful in the face of so many inkstrikes.

I felt a real sense of camaraderie with my teammates, great splatfest!

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I laugh at the fact I probably won't be able to even see how things go on my alt account. S rank with a power level of 1600. Like man...I feel the power level is good and bad. Good because it tries to match people up of equal skill, but bad because those with higher power levels won't be able to match as much.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
The matchmaking in B ranks is weird now. I have to wait longer for enemies (than 12hrs ago) and now I got an A+ a C and even a lvl 10 without any rank. What the squids hell :o (power 1277, SpongeBob)

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Started at 1200 and went up to 1490 before calling it. It was pretty hard to get matched even at this range and I sat around a long time in lobbies that I'd just get disconnected from. Yellow team seemed to be pretty vicious at the A/A+ range though, not like the near-automatic wins at the lower match levels.

My skill isn't enough to break into S range, but I'm going to assume that the story is similar there for pink team: Lotta tough match-ups.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Just checked on SplatNet, and my final score is 1754 for Splatfest Power. Started off winning most of my matches, reaching Defender 1/50 in 4 consecutive wins. Carried on winning more matches, and things fell apart by Champion. I was getting a lot of "Connection has been lost." issues, initially appearing in just the search lobby, but then the infamous "Connection is Unstable" popped up a few matches in a row, dcing me and destroying my Splatfest Power. If that wasn't enough, my Wii U then drops the Wi-Fi connection entirely, everytime I tried to connect, it said it couldn't find an available network. I then reset the router, and still nothing, so I closed Splatoon and went to the System Settings, tested the connection and it kept falling at connecting to the router. I then deleted the connection, and tried again, but it still wouldn't work.

I then pulled out the plug at the back of the Wii U, and then when I tried to connect it worked. By that point I was really hacked off that the Wii U is incapable of having a stable wireless connection. By the time I reconnected, I lost a few matches and my power dropped below 1700. I eventually got it back and hit Patrick King, but by then all the fun had been sucked out. I also dcd a few times after that, yet stayed connected during matches where my team lost. The dcs happened before I got on a win streak to King. Out of all the matches I played, about 10-12 were against Team Spongebob, but I won most of them, perhaps losing 4 or so of them. It was way better than the Jetpacks Splatfest though, that had terrible maps and matches. I'm more hacked off that the first ranked rotation we have after Splatfest is atrocious: Splat Zones on Mahi Mahi and Piranha.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
so i maxed out my alt started at 1500 and stayed there breaking even pretty much though out played more team patrick than sponges. When we played sponges they were usually 1600 and up so i guess there just wasn't enought 1400 and 1500 sponges in general. most ranked players just don't play turf wars and its very obvious myself included i just make sure i practice a few days before. I would like to see splatfest with the ranked games instead or through in all 4 types.

zugdude47

Inkster Jr.
NNID
zugdude47
I'm s rank (1600 points) and I fought my own team as much if not more than I thought spongebob. So either Patrick much outweighs spongebobs popularity or higher level players skewed towards Patrick.

Sounds like I'm in the minority but I love turf war but I don't play it because the rewards are terrible. Many high rank players I saw didn't adjust their playstyle for the different mode.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
As far as I've seen/read:
C/1000 and B/1200 tend to Spongebob.
A/1400 might be even.
S/1600 and S+/1700 tend to Patrick.

Well I call a win of 51 - 49 for Spongebob or 49 - 51 for Patrick. Like the two Splatfests before.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
S-Ranked Team Spongebob here.
Had some pretty mixed wins and loses, and I also had a 3v4 match which my team lost. I haven't fought another team Spongebob, like some have been saying.
My set was the:head_met003:, and the Squid Girl shoes along with the :wst_shot_precision00: that had some Special Duration Up and Time Up to bring out more Bombs with Bomb rush.
I also had another set that I used with the:wst_shot_quickmiddle01: to make a Inkstrike Raid with my teammates.
As of right now, I'm in the 1800's in Splatfest Power

Deathwish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Keena_Ironweaver
Gotta love all the Miiverse posts out there. "HAHAHA! That squid got hit in the head by a splat bomb!" I can't believe they actually managed to make Spongebob VS Patrick a theme for Splatfest.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
A-ranked Patrick here...
...Lost more matches than I won in the quest for Patrick King, but probably half of those or more were against other Patricks.

WasabiPiranha

Inkling
Just got to Patrick King with 1770 Splatfest Power. Had a lot of Patrick vs Patrick matches, so Patrick's definitely more popular. Mainly used the Permanent Inkbrush for this one, switching to the Wasabi Splattershot on the final stretch to King. Overall, an enjoyable Splatfest.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Just played around 10 battles, only one against Spongebob. Just going to point out that Patrick is more popular in S/S+ and Spongebob is probably very popular in the lower ranks.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Team SB here. Had a decent run but in the red with my SF power. The opposing forces ranged from meh to decent at best. However my side was down one player 50% of the time. The maps played to my strengths a bit and Dynamos were no problem for me since my 1 month hiatus. All in all, this splatfest was meh at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom