1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Fact(s) about yourself

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by Cuttleshock, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Cuttleshock
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6317-8240-9812
    I can tuck my ears into themselves to some degree, such that they'll stay there for a while, potentially almost indefinitely under ideal conditions, if they're not disturbed. That depends on temperature, humidity and other factors, though, and my right ear is generally better than my left.
    Sheena's generally considered to be the 'canon' choice, isn't she? Although I recall that there were official statements to the effect that there's no such thing.

swamphox likes this.
  2. kickpunchr

kickpunchr Inkling

NNID:
    littlemissy1756
    Not sure if it would be Sheena or Colette as the "cannon"

But Colette's too obvious, in my opinion : p

3. SyMag

SyMag SOLDIER 1st Class

NNID:
    PKThunda
    @kickpunchr that story should be made into an Allstate or Farmers' Insurance commercial. It would be perfect.

• I can beat Super Mario Bros. 3 in roughly 15 minutes

kickpunchr likes this.
  4. kickpunchr

kickpunchr Inkling

NNID:
    littlemissy1756
    How?!

5. kickpunchr

kickpunchr Inkling

NNID:
    littlemissy1756
    Well I'm sad. My thumb drive with all our Wii U save data just up and corrupted itself while we were playing with friends. So there goes my lv 50 Splatoon inkling as well as my lv 30 alt. Not to mention all the time spent in Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles : (

6. SyMag

SyMag SOLDIER 1st Class

NNID:
    PKThunda
    Warp whistles. You can get two of them in World 1, which takes you directly to World 8 when used together. Then it's just a matter of not being a screwup.

Also RIP your save data :(

7. Cuttleshock

NNID:
    Cuttleshock
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6317-8240-9812
    My high score in Squid Jump is about 38,500; if you complete every stage in 20 seconds, you should get around 42,000, more or less an upper bound, so I think that's a pretty good record.

8. Magnus0

Magnus0 Pro Squid

Nooo! Damn, I just wanted to post my Squid Jump high score in this thread. Now it´s not original anymore.

Cuttleshock likes this.
  9. Cuttleshock

NNID:
    Cuttleshock
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6317-8240-9812
    Don't see why you can't. Have you completed the other mini-games?

10. Magnus0

Magnus0 Pro Squid

OMG what other minigames? What have I missed?

11. Cuttleshock

NNID:
    Cuttleshock
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6317-8240-9812
    Oh, I presume you haven't got the amiibo, then? You unlock a minigame with each of them after beating the fishy boss, I think - Squidball, Squid Racer and Squid Beatz (the latter doesn't have a strict score system or level progression).

12. Magnus0

Magnus0 Pro Squid

you get extra minigames with amiibo?

better get myself some Splatoon amiibo then...

13. TeaBee

TeaBee Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    BuzzyTeaBee
    Alright, but it's a hassle. I'm going to work on a long document made plan sheet and I might make a pdf version of it when it's complete. My goal is to make it so that it might benefit every scenario based on a player's weapon, play style, or stage. The plan sheet will have information based on all of the stages and there will be planned out routes prior to reaching to the center of the map or for sneaking to the enemy base. I'm going to make routes for all the weapons and I will rank each route by how long it takes to reach the center of the map. I'm going to make individual map routes for all of the weapon types.This plan sheet will take a lot of dedication, because Splatoon currently has seven weapon types and sixteen stages. Multiply the weapon types with the number of stages and we have one-hundred-twelve possible routes. Depending on what kind of map I'm working with, since the gamepad map is diagonal and there are overhead maps, I might have to double the route total or decide between the two versions. I almost forgot about the four current modes in splatoon which can alter stages depending on the mode. Eitherway, I'm going to be using photoshop a lot to make routes for them. In fact, I'll have to mark areas on the maps since I will be adding certain spots that players don't suspect as much. Also, I will inform the reader of different techniques and maybe make up some coordinations for more teamwork some of which will involve using a stage's environment to an advantage. I have planned things in games before, but not at this level. The current name for this Document is "Matchmaking".

There you have it. I hope this wasn't too much. o_o

G1ng3rGar1 and SyMag like this.
  14. SyMag

SyMag SOLDIER 1st Class

NNID:
    PKThunda
    That. Sounds. AWESOME!!

15. G1ng3rGar1

G1ng3rGar1 Inkling Fleet Admiral

I skimmed through like most of it but it looks good!

-Would prefer to keep glasses on

16. kickpunchr

kickpunchr Inkling

NNID:
    littlemissy1756
    Wow, that is quite an undertaking! Let me know if you need any help collecting data

17. TeaBee

TeaBee Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    BuzzyTeaBee
    Really? That would be great. I'll be sure to let you know. o.o

kickpunchr likes this.
  18. kickpunchr

kickpunchr Inkling

NNID:
    littlemissy1756
    What games is everyone currently playing? I'm playing Digital Devil Saga on PS2 and Life is Strange. Also working on getting my Splatoon progress back >.<

Oh, and Pokemon Emerald.

19. SyMag

SyMag SOLDIER 1st Class

NNID:
    PKThunda
    Splatoon (duh), and currently I'm undergoing semi-serious training in Sm4sh and Project M for a regional tournament I'm planning on going to in September. It's been a while since I've been to one, so I'm trying to bring my playing skills back to where they were 1.5/2 years ago

20. G1ng3rGar1

G1ng3rGar1 Inkling Fleet Admiral

I'm actually not currently playing anything right now. I finished Paper Mario on Sunday, but I do have a Dream Team file to finish up. But I'm on Earthwake, so I haven't XD (I hated him The first two files I did)