• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fact(s) about yourself

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I'm not playing any games right now. I'm gonna continue Olympia Rising and maybe I'll use the Blaster in Splatoon (and add more notes). O:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I am barely playing, if at all. Full time job plus creating new life makes me very fatigued. I keep stockpiling games due to sales and I have not even started some of them yet.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I beat Omega Ruby last week. I'm not sure whether I should jump right into EV training and all that jazz, or if I should start up Pokémon Blue first. Beyond that, I'm still alive and well with Splatoon, plus a little Smash and Mario Maker on the side. (I really should get around to finishing those VC games I bought this time last year...)

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
Splatoon (duh), and currently I'm undergoing semi-serious training in Sm4sh and Project M for a regional tournament I'm planning on going to in September. It's been a while since I've been to one, so I'm trying to bring my playing skills back to where they were 1.5/2 years ago
oh cool. I'm going to a Sm4sh tournament in July that I'm not even prepared for! Who do you play?

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
oh cool. I'm going to a Sm4sh tournament in July that I'm not even prepared for! Who do you play?
If my avatar isn't a giveaway, I main Ness. Secondaries are Ryu and Cloud, pockets are R.O.B., Greninja and Bowser Jr. What about you?

And honestly don't worry too much. Most of the tournaments I've been to have had really friendly people; if it's your first tournament or if you're just looking to improve and get constructive criticism, lots of people will be happy to help.

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
If my avatar isn't a giveaway, I main Ness. Secondaries are Ryu and Cloud, pockets are R.O.B., Greninja and Bowser Jr. What about you?

And honestly don't worry too much. Most of the tournaments I've been to have had really friendly people; if it's your first tournament or if you're just looking to improve and get constructive criticism, lots of people will be happy to help.

I've been to a couple, though I was mostly there to help run the bracket add support my friends. But yeah, people seemed pretty friendly.

Main Toon Link, second Mario, Pocket Capt. Falcon, and want to learn Bowser Jr. I'm mostly worried because I haven't really played Smash seriously since Brawl.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I've been to a couple, though I was mostly there to help run the bracket add support my friends. But yeah, people seemed pretty friendly.

Main Toon Link, second Mario, Pocket Capt. Falcon, and want to learn Bowser Jr. I'm mostly worried because I haven't really played Smash seriously since Brawl.
Pretty solid roster! And yeah in that case I'm sure if you ask for people to give you advice, they won't say no, so you should be fine. If you want someone to practice with in the meantime, feel free to add me! Perhaps I can help out with Bowser Jr. as well

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
Pretty solid roster! And yeah in that case I'm sure if you ask for people to give you advice, they won't say no, so you should be fine. If you want someone to practice with in the meantime, feel free to add me! Perhaps I can help out with Bowser Jr. as well
I would like that : )

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
-Played rugby for UGA in college (club team, all though I did make all south)
-Was an extra in a few skits on Stankervision on MTV2, also wrote a couple of things that made it to MTV 2, this was back in 2k5.
-I once found a missing person.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I'm right-handed, but I've recently started playing Wii games left-handedly - that is, Nunchuk in my right hand. It was surprisingly easy to make the switch, even though I'd used the controller the other way round for probably over 1000 hours. And yes, I'm still playing previous-gen games a lot (currently have a town running in Animal Crossing Wii, as well as a new file on Zelda: Twilight Princess).

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I don't think it's easier; I just meant that it didn't feel as awkward as I would've expected, and was a fresh change. Am I mistaken or is it the case that Link is right-handed in Skyward Sword (he is in Twilight Princess Wii, although not in TP GCN or HD)? Because I think that it'd only be detrimental to hold the 'sword' in the left hand for that game - in TP, it's only generic shaking, so it doesn't really matter, but SS requires precision that might be messed up by using the wrong hand.

G

girigiriHERO

I don't think it's easier; I just meant that it didn't feel as awkward as I would've expected, and was a fresh change. Am I mistaken or is it the case that Link is right-handed in Skyward Sword (he is in Twilight Princess Wii, although not in TP GCN or HD)? Because I think that it'd only be detrimental to hold the 'sword' in the left hand for that game - in TP, it's only generic shaking, so it doesn't really matter, but SS requires precision that might be messed up by using the wrong hand.
Not sure how this relates to the topic, I just stumbled upon it, but as far as I know, yes Link is right handed in SS. I guess it goes well with the fact that it's always a different Link in each game so I guess the occassional one is a righty.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I'm right-handed, but I've recently started playing Wii games left-handedly - that is, Nunchuk in my right hand. It was surprisingly easy to make the switch, even though I'd used the controller the other way round for probably over 1000 hours. And yes, I'm still playing previous-gen games a lot (currently have a town running in Animal Crossing Wii, as well as a new file on Zelda: Twilight Princess).
You mean, I'm NOT alone on this left-hand adventure? :confused: I played wii games with my left hand two weeks ago. The only games I have played with my left hand are twilight princess and wii sports. Using the nunchuk with my right hand can be tough sometimes, I dropped the baby basket in the lake. xD Oh well, I digress, that's not going to stop me.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I have nothing to do right now (no key to where I'm staying with me and didn't bring anything out with me but my phone) so I'll write as many as I can think of, I hope that's ok.

1. I think the most relaxing sounds are rainfall, waterfalls, and waves. So basically all the sounds that water makes.
2. Limited inventory space is my greatest enemy in RPG's, I want to hold onto everything I find.
3. I did a full playthrough of shovel knight on my 3DS XL with only one hand.
4. I've played all main series Zelda game and achieved 100% completion on all of them except TriForce Heroes, and only sort of on Wind Waker, since getting all the figurines would be really boring. I'll probably do more 3 heart runs soon, so far I've done that on WW and Majora's Mask, my favorite Zelda game.
5. My favorite game is Banjo-Kazooie, and I highly recommend it if you have an N64 or can get it on the XBox store.
6. I occasionally practice speedrunning Mario Sunshine, I should be practicing it a lot more if I ever want to do a full speedrun...
7. I have a YouTube with 5-6 videos, and one of them somehow has 7.5k views, while all the rest have very few. It's a Mario maker level based on the fight against Sans in Undertale, recorded by putting my laptop infront of my tv, but I guess a lot of people searched a video of that fight in Mario maker, since Undertale got really popular.
8. My favorite songs in video games are Guar Plains and You Will Know our Names from Xenoblade Chronicles, and Fountain of Dreams from Smash Melee(which is actually the only smash game I've never played)
9. My 3 favorite RPG's are (in order from greatest to less great) Paper Mario:TTYD, Xenoblade Chronicles, and then Undertale.
10. My first RPG was the previously mentioned paper Mario game, and since then, I always have instinctively pressed a at certain points in attack animations in all the RPG's I play, beacuse you have to do that it paper Mario to deal extra damage. Like, if a character hits an enemy with a sword, I'll always press a just as it makes contact, and then maybe when he jumps back to his standing postion, I'll press a again, as if I was making my move stylish.
11. Sometimes, when I start a sentence, my first word unintentionally comes out as a whisper, which sometimes really confuses whoever I'm talking to.
12. Favorite color is blue, favorite food is chicken (prepared in any way), favorite drink is tea, favorite smell is the smell of pine trees.
13. I only know English and some French (it seems like everyone here knows a lot of languages...)
14. I always wear shorts, with one exception, which is when I ride horses. I also only wear short sleeves shirts, and my footwear is usually flip flops, or running shoes.
15. My favorite animal is dragons, but I usually just tell people it's horses when they ask, since they usually say it doesn't count since dragons are fictional, and horses are my favorite real animal.
16. I don't watch tv shows very much, but I do watch movies. My favorite movie is probably The Goonies because I was laughing for pretty much the entire duration of the movie the first time I watched it.
17. Until a year ago, I was really underweight, and was about 65-70 pounds at 14, but apparently it was because I had a disease that's now getting treated, so I'm now about 100 pounds.
18. I don't play or pay much attention to sports, but I do occasionally play some casual ones, like bowling and minigolf. My highest score in bowling is 123, which is the only time I've gotten above 100 (achieved this about 1.5 months ago) and the only time every ever beaten my dad (he got 117 in that game), so I got really excited after that game. I'm probably going to go bowling some this week, maybe I'll get an even better score!
19. I live in a pretty urban area (near Los Angeles) but I prefer rural areas, I'll definitely move to one as soon as possible. I like walking through relaxing areas with trees and animals rather than streets with large buildings, lots of people, and loud cars. Only thing better about large cities I can think of at the moment are more Pokémon in PoGo and easy access to lots of stores.
20. Just yesterday, I finished getting all 151 Pokémon in the original Red, with a playtime of 53 hours. I used the long range trainer glitch to get mew, blue exclusives, and mutually exclusives, so that I didn't have to spend extra money on another gba, blue, and a link cable, but I'll think I'll eventually get all of those anyways, since I'll probably end up trying to get them all on the other gba Pokémon generations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom