• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Splatfest: Fancy Party vs. Costume Party

Which team are you?

• Team Fancy Party!

Votes: 60 57.1%
  • Team Costume Party!

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • I don't know yet, but I'll pick one sometime

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I'm not participating in this Splatfest.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Crymzon1980

Squid Mechanic
NNID
Crymzon1980
I'm glad to see that we were finally able to do a global Splatfest, debating if i want to continue on my and help Team Costume bring it home, or duke it out on my alt for awhile and give team fancy some lovin. Went with 85, splash o matic and aero rg for most of the fest, tried out carbon for a bit as well. NEVER CAN HAVE ENOUGH SNAILS THOUGH LOL

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't think I'd go so far to say that I played on Flounder more often, but I did notice something else: that the matchmaker seemed to pick Walleye less often than the others. Which is a shame, because I do really like that one's CQC emphasis and relative openness (compared to, say, Port Mackerel).

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I mean the maps are completely rng. It's completely possible that you could play on the exact same map for the entirety of splatfest, but something like that happening is extremely unlikely. if you got one map more than normal, than that's pretty much par for the course. you can't expect to get equal amounts of the maps even if it is a 1 in 3 chance.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Well, I'm done for the night guys. I get mauled on my favorite map, and krakens everywhere; I finally kill 3 out of the team, and I don't even know if my team did anything with the open window we had for a potential comeback. In the end it was too little too late; the opportunity wasn't seized and we were slaughtered. I'm just not playing well no matter what I do, and when I do get a good match, or a good team, it doesn't seem to last.

I've never seen so many krakens flash before my eyes until tonight. Like seriously... :(

Edit: And Stop giving me flounder heights! You have 3 Maps! Three! Stop hanging walleye over me like its some fruit or something. ;-;

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I wasn't expecting us to play on the maps evenly as I know that that's close to impossible with RNG, but it's still somewhat a bother. I will agree that I played on Walleye much much less than the other two. I was hoping to be able to play on it more often as I don't really mind that map at all, Flounder I'm not a fan of anymore, and we play on Ancho-V like twice to three times a day. So not a fan of that anymore either.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I know at one point, I was being all conspiracy theorist and thought, "What if Nintendo implemented some sort of algorithm that calculates how many times each player in the lobby was on each available map, and chooses the map that was lowest, and that's actually screwing the map selection up?"

Of course, they wouldn't do anything like that...

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well unfortunately I lost more than won against team costume. I was consistently getting 1st in points on my team... with a Rapid Blaster... Yeah that should tell you all you need to know!
However I still very much enjoyed this splatfest as it actually ran very smoothly! No disconnects, not as many mirror matches, and the lag wasn't anything out of the ordinary!

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532

This Splatfest was very much a mixed bag for me. I had to leave partway through to participate in something I thought would be fun but only spoiled my mood, which might have killed a few of my games, but overall I think I might have done okay.

Connection-wise, I was only dropped off of a team once, our team once huddled around a disconnecting player in spawn shouting C'mons (it cost us the game, but it was amusing anyway), and I only ever got a single nanosecond of "The connection is unstable". So overall, really good.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
How are the servers? Any better? I mean, most of the Japanese players would be asleep by now.
Japanese Splatoon players do not require sleep. Ever.

This splatfest seems pretty even to me in terms of skill (at least, from what i've seen). I'm currently at 1669, highest was 1677, and i'm gonna try to get at least 1700.

I had the realization earlier when I switched from Dual Squelcher to Splattershot Pro (after I lost to a really good one) that I really don't like the ROF and ink efficiency of it. Yeah, splatting in 3 shots is nice (a Pro will always out DPS a DS), but the fire rate makes it bad in CQC, so i'd rather just stack damage up on my Dual... which is what i've been doing, and i'm loving it.

Anyways, still facing 90% Japanese players, so there's that. The only thing that bothers me though is laggy Dynamos, and i've seen quite a few. Started facing my own team once I got past 1650-ish, so i'm guessing Team Fancy will win wins and Team Costume will win popularity. The only question now is, will Costume have so many players that it wins by pure popularity?

...or I could be wrong, but who knows?

EDIT:
Made it to 1700. I could probably go higher, but I have things I need to get done. The higher I got, the more often I faced my own team.
Pro is good for RM if your team can turf, but yeah I had similar experience. I used Berry for a while and while I was easily leading the k/d, turfing was attrocious. And since my teams can't turf....out it went.

Normally it's me that breaks out the bag of eternal salt during Splatfest Nouveau, so you have my condolences. This time around it isn't going quite as badly; I've been carrying pretty well with my Zink Mini and got some hilarious Sanic speed triple kills with the '85 during the last 20 seconds.

Hopefully you make the best of it either way.
LOL, I've seen your Zink Mini up close and personal....I don't doubt that one bit ;)

I then figured I'd at least get Fiend on my Blaster alt (that's what I'm calling it now) which I'd set to the opposite team (partly because I wasn't too strongly feeling either side, partly to ensure that one account won), so I started with the Luna Neo and switched to the Rapid Pro. And this time, I know it was my teams.
Welcome, Cuttleshock.
Seriously. ;)

I mean the maps are completely rng. It's completely possible that you could play on the exact same map for the entirety of splatfest, but something like that happening is extremely unlikely. if you got one map more than normal, than that's pretty much par forn the course. you can't expect to get equal amounts of the maps even if it is a 1 in 3 chance.
I think it's only random during host changes. They seem to run in blocks, you'll get the same one 10 times before it switches to another and stays there 10 times. I presume it shuffles map ONLY when switching host players.

My fest was an ugly mixed bag. Overall better than the last two with Japan involved. I got all 3 accounts to royalty in 1 day which is a first. The A 1400 Costume account had its hiccups and bad teams but I got through relatively fast. The S 1600 Costume team I got through fairly ok....but I had some bad losing streaks on both of those. Sill, made it through in ok time despite some frustration and mega lag with shots going right through people for many matches and players teleorting bbehind me.

Then my S 1600 fancy acct. ZOMG these guys SUCKED. Supposedly S tier players. 1600p. 0/6, 0/5, 0/2 and me, 6/4. Huge loss after huge loss. Holding a huge lead at the first half then my team goes to try to invade the enemy base and hold it for a full half match, then loses everything. Teams where, in warehouse, we had a lead, and as soon as I'd get splatted the floor was all the enemy color when I respawned. Constant team wipes. It was unbearable. In the ENTIRE duration from 0 to King I won 6 WHOLE games....TOTAL. The rest was 2p at a time in losses. I squid partied through 2 matches. They were just horrendous, lobby after lobby (finally got a good team for my last two matches letting me get royalty fast and end the suffering.) I started at 1600, ended at 1435. And was #1 on my team at all times - because apparently winning 1 in 12 games was a better ratio than the other 3 players......

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Well unfortunately I lost more than won against team costume. I was consistently getting 1st in points on my team... with a Rapid Blaster... Yeah that should tell you all you need to know!
However I still very much enjoyed this splatfest as it actually ran very smoothly! No disconnects, not as many mirror matches, and the lag wasn't anything out of the ordinary!
Same here, only I was using the custom 3K... I even beat aerosprays!
This splatfest has been feeling like the Pokémon Red/Green one to me (I was red). I've been rarely winning no matter how well I do... (Well in Pokémon I just got destroyed all of the time)

I have a feeling costume is going to win this...

I chose Team Costume! <3

But seriously, I stopped playing awhile ago because of all the lag and disconnections. I'd rather play on a normal day, seriously what's going on with these squids when they disconnect and cause the rest of us a big heaping helping of lag?
Welp, at least I got to Champion. So I think I'm good (don't even care about Queen rank at this point since I started playing late today).

Plus, I never got anyone who just stood at the base. My teams were ok...I guess. *shrugs*

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
well to make a long story short............. i like the rank games soooooooooooooo much better , this is kind of painful journey UNTIL you finally find a team to stick with. i never once on my way to queen had V games i literally never saw the map.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Was only able to start playing 5hrs before it ends (thanks to a fancy birthday party, irgh).

Splatfestpower Start: 1400.
All Matches: 42.
Wins: 22.
Losts: 20.
No battles vs my team Costume Party.

I tell you something, at first I thought about joining Blue but then I remembered those types of party are the same kind like birthdays of relatives. And oh gosh, I hate them with a passion. Being forced to look perfect by my dad, don't you dare have a tiny spot of dirt on your shoes! I don't care if Orange looses or not, I fought vs this annoying **** and am proud of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom