Grizzco Break Room

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I’m starting to learn that a person’s performance in PVP does NOT correlate to their performance versus CPs. If I played half as well in PVP as I do in Salmon Run, I’d routinely find myself in the 2500+ zone.

Also, contrary to popular belief, I do not need the help of all three of my teammates to deposit eggs once I’ve lured Maws directly to the basket from the corner of the map. Any sane person would see that little bobble flying across the ground towards the basket and be like “Oh, they’ve got it covered. Let me continue with these mobs here.” but NOPE. Anyone that sees it, 9 times out of 10, will race to the basket to get in on those sweet sweet eggs to pad their results screen.

Its funny because its true.. *sigh*

I swear co-workers would splat you to get to an egg. There is plenty more out there...

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
During the 22nd's rotation, I had a REALLY good run with the Grizzco Slosher but I got dc'd right when we were about to finish the shift. After that, it was just a losing streak from 500 -> 400. Virtually all of my teammates at that point were exclusively killing bosses at the shore...

Hmm. This rotation looks pretty risky, but I really love playing on Ruins...I might risk it since the weapons may scare off some players.

awedry

Full Squid
During the 22nd's rotation, I had a REALLY good run with the Grizzco Slosher but I got dc'd right when we were about to finish the shift. After that, it was just a losing streak from 500 -> 400. Virtually all of my teammates at that point were exclusively killing bosses at the shore...

Hmm. This rotation looks pretty risky, but I really love playing on Ruins...I might risk it since the weapons may scare off some players.
Your fears are warranted about today's rotation. With randoms, I went from Profreshional 400 to 300 in no time flat. No one lures bosses to the basket and no one knows how to use a Hydra.

~A.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I really enjoy seeing 50 golden eggs at the shore line and 5 in the basket with 15 seconds left in the shift.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
I’m starting to learn that a person’s performance in PVP does NOT correlate to their performance versus CPs. If I played half as well in PVP as I do in Salmon Run, I’d routinely find myself in the 2500+ zone.

Also, contrary to popular belief, I do not need the help of all three of my teammates to deposit eggs once I’ve lured Maws directly to the basket from the corner of the map. Any sane person would see that little bobble flying across the ground towards the basket and be like “Oh, they’ve got it covered. Let me continue with these mobs here.” but NOPE. Anyone that sees it, 9 times out of 10, will race to the basket to get in on those sweet sweet eggs to pad their results screen.
that's why in general drag and kill things by the basket and just leave to get killing, i know there will be people eager to get eggs in basket but the truth is if you not killing your going to wipe.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Whenever the Hydra is in the rotation, I feel the compulsive need to defend it. -So if a picture is worth a thousand words, this must be at least a convincing argument.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
I have all the SR gear except for the Oceanic Hard Hat, played till I had over 5000 points and I still didn't get it. Mr. Grizz, please I'm begging you...
I love rando rotations, but I don't like it as much when they give us 3 chargers when a majority of the playerbase don't even touch those...

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
There was defiantly some weird weapon assignments during that random round. Lots of doubles.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
This rotation with the rapid and the slosher was significantly better than I could have imagined. I haven't played in a few months, but I'm on spring break so I figured I'd pick it up for a while and I haven't missed a beat. After holding the elusive personal best of 99 gold eggs, I was finally able to break through with 105, with a fog wave! I also have to say, I love the salmon run addition to splatnet.

Attachments

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
The rotation with the rapid and slosher was amazing, i dont think i had any that ended early. Is it just me though, or was there a lot of mothership rounds? I got two in the same game once, one in the first wave and one in the third

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I... am going to have to disagree with the last few comments; the Sploosh was fine for DPS and the vanilla Roller was okay for crowd control, but outside of that I found these weapons completely incapable of holding their own. The overall ability for these weapons to suppress fodder- and boss-Salmonids just was not there.

The current rotation with the Mini, Dualies, and Squiffer on the other hand is much better. Every weapon can paint well and output above average DPS, and nothing has any glaring weaknesses.

awedry

Full Squid
The current rotation with the Mini, Dualies, and Squiffer on the other hand is much better. Every weapon can paint well and output above average DPS, and nothing has any glaring weaknesses.
Agreed, it's a great rotation! Only five rounds to get both super bonuses.

Curious what everyone's ideal weapon comp would be for Salmon Run? I'd go with Splattershot, Clash Blaster, Dynamo Roller, and Heavy Splatling. Lots of damage, enough range, versatile for different events. Plus running over everything with the Dynamo is too much fun, and getting the timing down to take out Steelheads with it... so rewarding.

~A.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Hmm, I would prefer Ballpoint Splatling, Splat Dualies, Splat Charger/Squiffer and... uh, Luna or Blaster. They should take care of both lesser Salmonids and Bosses.
4 Ballpoints would be perfect but too bad, most of players don't use them properly.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Curious what everyone's ideal weapon comp would be for Salmon Run? I'd go with Splattershot, Clash Blaster, Dynamo Roller, and Heavy Splatling. Lots of damage, enough range, versatile for different events. Plus running over everything with the Dynamo is too much fun, and getting the timing down to take out Steelheads with it... so rewarding.

~A.
We had a multi-page discussion about this not long ago. In the end it really depends on a number of factors, most importantly being how competent your teammates are. If they have complete knowledge of every weapon AND know the best role to play in SR with those weapons, I’d be inclined to say Ballpoint, Splat/Dapple Dualies, Luna Blaster, and maaaaybe the Dynamo because of the sheer crowd control that comes with rolling and the added bonus of destroying Goldie Seeking waves.

If they’re randos and can’t be expected to know what they’re doing, probably Luna Blaster, Dapple Dualies, Splat Dualies, and the Heavy Splatling for a bit of range coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom