• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"I can't believe I just ________..." - The stupid moment thread

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Sometimes I get too focused on splatting one person that I ignore everything else around me, especially if that person is using the same weapon as me. I gotta get out of that habit. :P

D

Deleted Member

I always try to tank my way through when the match starts... but then I realize
1. I have no aim
2. I have no deference power ups
3. I'm just a kamikaze
*Que the 4v1 splatting sequence*

sammich

Inkling Cadet
there was a gal fighting my teammate with a splash wall right below me on museum.
i dropped down to get the jump on them with my sploosh, surprising the gal with a barrage of ink.

landed right on the wall.

---------------------------

when i was playing some squiffer matches for fun on piranha pit in TW, i got killed by an aerospray. no, i didn't accidentally step into an ink strike or anything forgivable like that. i got killed by the weapon itself.

i was so embarrassed...

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
I still have moments where I'd forget I'm on a rail and go into squid form and just fall through and drown, or I mis-time my jumps and just fall into the abyss. One time, though, I was trying to avoid enemy fire on Mahi-Mahi, and I think I turned too hard and just fell into the water.

There was this one time I tried to destroy a sprinkler on Arowana, but I must have did something wrong, cause the sprinkler ended up killing me. Think my aim was off by a bit.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I was just in a match, Tower Control Bluefin Depot, where I swam up onto the tower, and right off the other side into the water.

In another match later on, our team was pushing the tower, so I tried to jump across the middle to the other side to help them. I totally thought that jump was possible.

Last edited:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I had a bad habit of falling off of the top tower overlooking the middle ground of Bluefin Depot yesterday. I know why, I was using the Heavy Splatling and tried to nudge myself just over the edge enough that I could shoot straight down and hit the lower area (instead of right in front of me); I kept nudging myself too far and went careening over the edge.

It was annoying at first, but after a while I couldn't help but laugh at my own sustained idiocy.

Miirisa

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Miirisa
Idk I just get so many dumb kills with Dynamo, it`s ridiculous :P My fav trick to do with it is just to be mean towards snipers (I just loove being annoying towards chargers)So this one time in Flounder heights there was a splatterscope on the snipe (the boxes near the spawn..) so I jumped and flinged from a stupid position with the slowest weapon in front of a S rank sniper. I got the kill and it was great. Also I got stuck on one of the smaller platforms in Mahi-Mahi and there was a charger trying to shoot me. I just jumped from side to side and was just being plain dumb..I deserved getting splatted. I always seem to take aim on chargers so I just get into really awkward situations with them :S

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
I can't believe I just turned on this game...

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
This one's not really a 'omg why did i do that' moment but more of my 'omg that just happened': I was on Saltspray and I respawned and noticed one of my team mates was stuck on the crane just spamming Booyah, so I had the wonderful thought of "Well, maybe if I super jump to them, I'll help them out."

So I did. But instead on landing on the crane, I go flying off the map and land aaaalll the way out into the ocean.

I was struggling to finish the match cause I was just laughing so hard. My sister came into my room and wondered if I was okay, so I just told her what happened and repeated what I did to show her. She just shook her head and left.

My guess was that my team mate probably DC'ed or there was a glitch that happened that cause them to keep Booyah'ing long after leaving the crane. But it was one of those moments I'll never forget and wished I recorded.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
This one's not really a 'omg why did i do that' moment but more of my 'omg that just happened': I was on Saltspray and I respawned and noticed one of my team mates was stuck on the crane just spamming Booyah, so I had the wonderful thought of "Well, maybe if I super jump to them, I'll help them out."

So I did. But instead on landing on the crane, I go flying off the map and land aaaalll the way out into the ocean.

I was struggling to finish the match cause I was just laughing so hard. My sister came into my room and wondered if I was okay, so I just told her what happened and repeated what I did to show her. She just shook her head and left.

My guess was that my team mate probably DC'ed or there was a glitch that happened that cause them to keep Booyah'ing long after leaving the crane. But it was one of those moments I'll never forget and wished I recorded.
If you could replicate that it would be so awesome!

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I can't believe I purchased the wrong adapter to connect my Wii U to my computer's monitor. I am so stupid >_> I think this counts as Splatoon is the only reason I still have a Wii U.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles

Super Jumping on moving objects like the crane, the tower in TC, and the spinning platforms in Museum forces you to land on the spot on the moving object you jumped to. It is likely that the crane moved while you were in midair to over the ocean as it sometimes does. Most likely (if it was not a glitch) you were holding ZL by default (to start swimming faster) not knowing you were above water, and fell right through the grate.

not that that happened to me before or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom