• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
After a day's worth of rest, the Aura Sphere returns to its normal brightness, the sounds return to their normal pitch, and Mirage wakes up as a result. The Mewtwo-turned-Inkling figure is ready for the day, though he is a bit confused as to what happened. He gets up and heads to Inkopolis Square, waiting for Coral and Kelp's return. "What happened? I only remember driving that 'DJ Octavio' guy's army back. Everything after that is a blank," he tells Sven when he gets to the square. She quacks at him to let him know. "Oh. Well, thanks for the help back there," Mirage tells her. He hugs her for a bit, and she lets out a few quiet quacks.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

After eating breakfast, Coral and Kelp wave to Ocean before going to Inkopolis Square. The two Octolings hold hands as they arrive to meet Mirage and Sven.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Mirage and Sven wave back. Hope is with them, as well. Despite everything, she still gets nightmares about Sanitized Octarians. She decides not to tell the others about her nightmares, as they might make fun of her. She goes to Deca Tower, gripping her Splattershot Jr. tightly. Mirage offers to stay and keep watch for any threats, as he doesn't want to hinder anyone with his Georgie-Poo state like he did last time.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"I'm feeling great. I think I'll stay on guard, though. That way I don't hurt the team like last time," says Mirage.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"So much has happened while you were out cold." Coral says.

"We had to go rescue Hope ourselves." Kelp tells what happened yesterday.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope stops halfway to Deca Tower. It seems like she'll have to tell them. "ナイトメア..." [Nightmare...] she says. "すべてにもかかわらず、まだナイトメア...." [Despite everything, still nightmare....] she continues. Getting a flash of one, she recoils in fear. Wish is still within, unable to pinpoint if he's the cause of Hope's nightmares.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hope nods. Wish gains control, as he asks "願い原因?" [Wish cause?] He's concerned about Hope. Mirage interrupts, asking "Is she okay?" Sven quacks out of concern.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"I'll explain the best I can." Coral starts, "Before the Octo Canyon incident, you know, the one where you overused your power, Hope was actually octonapped by the Sanitized Octarians. We didn't know at the time that she was two halves of one person, it's only when we saw who was behind the octonapping that we found out. That was actually Hope's other half who had done this, the half who goes by the name of Wish. Unlike Hope, Wish is actually a lot bigger than all of us, imagine having to fight an Octoling whose size was probably quadruple than your size, probably even more. We are lucky DJ Octavio never leaves his octopus form. Kelp and I, alongside many others, would've been doomed otherwise."

"It was actually only after we imprisoned Wish that we found out he's half of Hope." Kelp finishes Coral's explanation.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
"Oh, so that explains the soul twins part. Thanks," says Mirage. He's still concerned, though. Wish is still wondering if he caused Hope's nightmares. He knows he's caused everything else that happened to her, intentionally or not. He walks down to the Deepsea Metro again, thinking about all the bad stuff he's done.

Last edited:

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Wish stops after Coral tells him that they can fix this. "どうやって、コーラ!?どのように修正しますか!?意図が良いか悪いかにかかわらず、願いは悪いことを引き起こします!" [How, Cora!? How fix!? Wish cause bad things, whether intentions good or bad!] yells Wish, breaking down in tears.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"To defeat nightmares caused by bad experiences, a machine that allows you to be in control was created. Normally, you have no control whatsoever in your nightmares. But this machine is designed to give you control over it." Coral begins explaining. "So let's say you had a nightmare about being surrounded by zombies, and it's recurring, the machine will give you the means to completely wipe out the zombies in however way you want. But one thing to keep in mind, a nightmare's difficulty depends on how bad an experience was."

"This machine was created because after we escaped Octo Valley, we all had recurring nightmares of DJ Octavio's army defeating us. Now that we had conquered that nightmare, we don't have it anymore." Kelp gives another example.

"There is one limitation though, if you were to bring another person to help you. He or she would need to be asleep for you to bring that person to help you." Coral brings up a point.

"And for that person to be able to help you, he or she will need to also be using the machine." Kelp adds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom