• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Infestation in Inkopolis! IC

(So are there two separate shifts going on or are we doing some kind of mega salmon run? That actually sounds super fun, but I don’t mind either way, I just don’t want to exclude anyone?)

Cole walks over to everyone else, after picking up a Blaster. “I’m ready if you are,” he says. Cole wondered what kind of packaged special everyone had... The hazard level looked pretty high, but nothing they couldn’t handle.

(Yikes sorry to overlap schedules, but I’m going camping next week and won’t be able to post for a week! You can do stuff without me though, I don’t mind. I guess I’ll try to get the story going again to make up for it?)

Cole walked over to everyone else. After waiting for a bit, a light siren flared to life, signaling the employees the Grizzco boat was docked. After some rude remarks from Mr. Grizz, Cole was feeling ready to fight some Salmonoids. He started following the neon arrows pointing towards a narrow hallway, presumably leading to the docks. Cole wasn’t sure if anyone minded if he went ahead. He wondered what area the boat would drop everyone off at... Cole wished he looked closer at the shift description.

Cephalobro

Coral and Kelp followed Cole to the boat, hoping to leave Inkopolis for the shift before telling him the truth about them being Octolings. Kelp was scared about him knowing it as she's afraid what he might do to her while Coral is more worried that everything that he and his species fought for would be washed away in mere minutes. This is especially tricky since Coral has an Octotrooper brother and Kelp has an Octobomber sister and those are not the only tentacled Octarians who came with them, many, many more also came with them as well.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
(I have returned :D)

Vin walks to the boat while pulling out his phone to select a new playlist. He puts it back in a pocket on his umbrella, making sure it connects to it. His brella begins to pump up his music as it flows through the headphones. “A’right let’s do this!” He shouts, pumping his fist into the air.

Cephalobro

(I guess I should double-post to get this going again.)

The boat has finally departed to go to a location in which Salmonids would appear in, now that contact with Inkopolis is basically out of the question, Coral finds a little bit of courage to tell the truth about himself and Kelp.

Coral starts talking in a nervous tone, "So, um, Cole..." he began, "I don't know how to say this without being to the point directly, but Kelp and I are Octolings."

“...What?” Cole said, confused. “Weren’t the Octolings our enemy in the Great Turf War? I remember something about it from history class... Didn’t they go extinct?”
“Wait, you’re the enemy! Is this some kind of ambush!?” Cole said without thinking. But... Weren’t the Octolings supposed to be more... savage than this?

Cephalobro

Coral explained, "A terrible leader hypnotizes us to force us to fight against our own will, but my group and many others who joined revolted against him to escape his clutches. We aren't savages by nature, it's the hypnotism that forces us to become savages. We just wanted to live in Inkopolis, away from the danger of hypnotism and just be able to live without worrying about whether the sky is going to fall on us or not."

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Kelp stated, "Everyone of them escaped thanks to the combined efforts of the group. We now settled down into an abandoned part of Inkopolis.", Coral then continued the explanation for Kelp, "Our tentacle brethren are hard at work building inside the walls of our neighborhood as we speak in order to make it habitable."

“Tentacle?... Oh right, octarians.” The Grizzco boat has almost reached the super-jump point. “Um... I’m glad all the Octolings are okay. If I’m need for something like that, I’d definitely help out. Anyways, I think the shift is about to start... Any last thoughts anyone?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom