• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Inkoming Weapons: Luna Blaster and H-3 Nozzlenose D!

Hey there squids and kids! Ready for even more fresh content? Well get ready to visit Sheldon over at Ammo Knights because there will be two new weapons on the scene! Confirmed to be coming earlier today by SplatoonJP, the official Splatoon Japanese Twitter, The Luna Blaster and H-3 Nozzlenose D should be available for players splatting pleasure on the 30th or 31st of October depending on time zones. We've got the inside info on these new weapons so read on and learn!

"The Luna Blaster Neo is a remodeled Luna Blaster made with original parts. The Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush ensure that you'll cause a riot of inksplosions wherever you go! This is definitely a set for those who prefer to throw caution to the wind and charge into the fray!" Sheldon - Ammo Knights

"The H-3 Nozzlenose D is an H-3 Nozzlenose decorated with added badges from the manufacturer. The badges don't actually affect its abilities, but it does include a Point Sensor and the mighty Inkzooka. In the right hands, this interesting combination of abilities may give rise to many unique strategies!" Sheldon - Ammo Knights
Based on previous experience here is when these new weapons are likely to drop:
    • 7 PM PT (29th)
    • 10 PM ET (29th)
    • 3 AM in the UK (30th)
    • 4 AM in Europe (30th)
    • 11 AM in Japan (30th)
Excited for these inkoming weapons? Let us know in the comment below and don't forget to stay fresh!

Last edited:

Comments

so much salt right now
I am going to enjoy these weapons just that much more now, thanks
Lol I don't get how the point sensor and inkzooka is an "interesting combination." It's literally the same set as the forge splattershot pro.
squid beakons and kraken and splat bombs and echo are on a BUNCH of weapons, but we still love em. Also this thing is MUCH different from splattershot pro.

Finally, we needed more bomb rush weapons. The only other thing with Splat Bomb Rush is the Splat Charger/Splatterscope, and it is a useful ability. Hope there is some new seeker/burst bomb/disruptor rush weapon in the future.

As with the H-3 D, it seems like a more offencive version of the H-3. It trades the crowd controlling power of Suction Bombs and Echo for Point Sensors to track and Inkzooka to kill. Probably I will still like the original better.

As with the H-3 D, it seems like a more offencive version of the H-3. It trades the crowd controlling power of Suction Bombs and Echo for Point Sensors to track and Inkzooka to kill. Probably I will still like the original better.
I would love to give this weapon a try, just to see how nicely it can be offensively.
disruptor rush
we need an echolocator version of disruptors. My friend called it Squid Virus, where the whole opposing team gets "disrupted" for about 5 seconds.

D
Wait, if we are getting these weapons tonight, then why does this article say that they're coming out tomorrow night? I'm really confused here.
The dates on this article have been fixed.

• 7 PM PT (29th)
  • 10 PM ET (29th)
  • 3 AM in the UK (30th)
  • 4 AM in Europe (30th)
  • 11 AM in Japan (30th)

So what it looks freaking badass
exactly. Still gonna use it, but if it gets to the point where it is so garbage it wont be viable, I will just be content with messing with it in goofy private matches.

But nintendo wouldn't mess this up. Even if it is bad in the beginning, they could buff it at any time. The recent patch fixed many issues with OP weapons and gave some good buffs here and there. So for questionable weapons like the Hydra Splatling and Sloshing Machine, if they really are....not the best, we can always count on a buff to save the day.

RIGHT NINTENDO? YOU CARE ABOUT 2 OF THE COOLEST WEAPONS IN THE GAME DON'T YOU?

tfw you realize the hydra splatling takes longer to charge than the e liter
tfw you realize that it will still have less range than the e liter, regardless of what I just said above
tfw hydra splatling will need to get buffed on it's release or else it will be forever useless
Its saving grace is that Splatlings don't need a full charge to splat effectively. That's why they have two charge circles. That's also why it won't need an awesome burst bomb game to augment its Echolocator, and the Custom Hydra has a bubbler instead of a kraken.

I could see this being an annoyingly good Splat Zones weapon.

On a different note. . . what is up with the blaster and Nozzlenose right after the Rapid Blaster Pro? They might be decent but. . . come on, add some variety. Octobrush Noveau? Neo Sploosh? Anybody?

Its saving grace is that Splatlings don't need a full charge to splat effectively. That's why they have two charge circles. That's also why it won't need an awesome burst bomb game to augment its Echolocator, and the Custom Hydra has a bubbler instead of a kraken.

I could see this being an annoyingly good Splat Zones weapon.

On a different note. . . what is up with the blaster and Nozzlenose right after the Rapid Blaster Pro? They might be decent but. . . come on, add some variety. Octobrush Noveau? Neo Sploosh? Anybody?
Yeah the order of them seems weird. Sure it's been a long wait in-between the release of the normal Luna and the Neo, but the H-3 Nozzlenose didn't come out too long ago, while both the Sploosh-o-Matic and Octobrush came pre-August update.

Okay, I tested out both weapons for two matches at Walleye and one on Hammerhead each.

While the Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush are pretty useful for supplementing the Blaster's short range (which I only found out because the opponents kept pushing my team back with it), I feel like the H3D is better not only for its OHKO potential but also because I discovered how useful a Point Sensor can be. I'll try to use the H3D for Splatfest, though I can't make any promises that I'll stick with it to the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom