• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkopolis Underground- a truly unique squad!

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
I've been wanting to make an Inkling to RP as!

I have a few questions:
So how does roleplaying work?
How do the Skype chats work? Will we skype call? I only voice chat with people that I know very well.
How do we battle together? Or are we waiting for the August update?
How competitive do we need to be?
My very stupid answers to the questions:

• As of now our definition of "roleplaying" is very tentative and subject to change. The biggest aspect currently comes in the form of your Inkling per your application. Where you'll be able to customize an avatar in a fictional setting.
  • We have an Inkopolis Underground skype group chat. We will probably Skype call if needed, though we seldom use it due to the non-necessity of it.
  • Occasionally we will join each other in Turf Wars, but we are pretty much waiting until the August update, as most of us are often playing solo or writing.
  • Once again, the competitiveness is tentative. I'll need to ask NeoStar on this, aka Neo.

NeoStar

Senior Squid
NNID
Shadow_Rex
RP works on skype.
We are waiting for august
You can be casual.

I've been wanting to make an Inkling to RP as!

I have a few questions:
So how does roleplaying work?
How do the Skype chats work? Will we skype call? I only voice chat with people that I know very well.
How do we battle together? Or are we waiting for the August update?
How competitive do we need to be?

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Well, if you guys are okay with me being on another team, thus being casual in this group, I think I'll join. I doubt my other team is going to be on 24/7. Only, I'm not sure how often I'll be online and be able to play with you all, and I don't think I'm going to add everyone in my skype contacts. If that's okay with you guys.

Hope you're still accepting. :P

Name: KTKres
Nintendo Network ID: KTKres
Skype Name: live:ktkres_1

Inkling Name: Kbot
Weapons: (in no particular order) N-Zap 85, Splash-o-matic, (Custom/Regular) Splattershot Jr, Areospray RG/MG, L-3 Nozlenose, Krack-on Splat Roller, Carbon Roller.
Personality: Kbot will take into consideration all factors when making choices and will choose his best possible option, pre-match with weapon selection and during a match with where to go and what role to take on. He likes to be prepared for everything.
Background: As a young squid, Thomas was always tactical. He was excellent in school, and doesn't really remember much else from his early years, besides that he had grew up in a suburb just a train ride away from Inkopolis. He had a gift when it came to technology, and frequently helps people with their squid phones. This was where he got his nickname. Tbot didn't exactly roll off the tongue, so he used his second favorite letter to make Kbot. This is what he goes by today. Kbot also likes researching where he came from, who his ancestors were, and the problems that may cause the downfall of current society.
It was not until recently that he got interested in the sport of Turf Wars. He really enjoyed the sport, and started to look around the already thriving community for a group of people to hang out with. He eventually got around to playing some pointless games with some of the inklings who were also looking into the community, two of which were Xander and Mint. Kbot started picking up trends, like how those two always left at the same time, and the few people from Inkopolis who just disappeared every so often. He asked questions, and next thing he knew he was being shown down "The Squidhole" and in a decently sized group. They asked if he wanted to join. He agreed, but he also said that he was slightly limited to when he could help out. Kbot hopes that Inkopolis Underground will accept him for the busy person he is.

Was that too long? I don't know, it just seems like I tried to make it as detailed as possible. Let me know if I should try to shorten it.

OrenjiBoy135

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
OrenjiBoy145
Name: KTKres
Nintendo Network ID: KTKres
Skype Name: live:ktkres_1

Inkling Name: Kbot
Weapons: (in no particular order) N-Zap 85, Splash-o-matic, (Custom/Regular) Splattershot Jr, Areospray RG/MG, L-3 Nozlenose, Krack-on Splat Roller, Carbon Roller.
Personality: Kbot will take into consideration all factors when making choices and will choose his best possible option, pre-match with weapon selection and during a match with where to go and what role to take on. He likes to be prepared for everything.
Background: As a young squid, Thomas was always tactical. He was excellent in school, and doesn't really remember much else from his early years, besides that he had grew up in a suburb just a train ride away from Inkopolis. He had a gift when it came to technology, and frequently helps people with their squid phones. This was where he got his nickname. Tbot didn't exactly roll off the tongue, so he used his second favorite letter to make Kbot. This is what he goes by today. Kbot also likes researching where he came from, who his ancestors were, and the problems that may cause the downfall of current society.
It was not until recently that he got interested in the sport of Turf Wars. He really enjoyed the sport, and started to look around the already thriving community for a group of people to hang out with. He eventually got around to playing some pointless games with some of the inklings who were also looking into the community, two of which were Xander and Mint. Kbot started picking up trends, like how those two always left at the same time, and the few people from Inkopolis who just disappeared every so often. He asked questions, and next thing he knew he was being shown down "The Squidhole" and in a decently sized group. They asked if he wanted to join. He agreed, but he also said that he was slightly limited to when he could help out. Kbot hopes that Inkopolis Underground will accept him for the busy person he is.
Seems to be a good bio. Not cramming too much stuff, avoiding ambitious ideas for the backstory, and has a hint of humor to keep the curiosity flowing.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
We're still alive and well. In fact, I'm in the process of developing signature cards for the members!
card collection.png

From left to right, we have Neo (orange), Xander (teal), Echo (pink), and Marina (blue; that's my character that I renamed from Sepia, to prevent confusion with my story).

The information font is a placeholder until a more ideal Inkling font is available. Right now I'm using the scans @PiyozR wrote down.

Last edited:

Ending

Inkling
NNID
PikminXOXO
ok here a proper application this time >___<
Name: Ending
Nintendo Network ID: PikminXOXO
Skype Name: Flame25343@Hotmail.com

Inkling Name:Ending

Bio:
Quite Shy, very quiet, easily nervous. and reserved, Enjoy listening to others inputs and opinions. Always eager to dedicate time to support allies as well as opponents. Till the bipolar other half kicks in.. When needed to be and when allies are in danger, Quite aggressive towards enemy units, calm and analytical, with a bit a sadistic pleasure splatting foes that wish to harm allies, and open and talkative and eager to be out spoken to defend allies opinions and views.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming

xSkytte

Inkling
NNID
xSkytte
You guys sound like a cool squad, I guess I'll apply! (if you still have open slots, that is)
Name: Selina
Nintendo Network ID: xSkytte
Skype Name: selina.chiu1

Inkling Name: Selina

Weapons: Tentatek Splattershot, Splatterscope, Custom Jet Squelcher, Splattershot Jr.

Personality: She's very outgoing and fun loving, and doesn't care what others think of her. Although quite sociable, she does like being on her own and going for walks late at night.

On The Field: She likes to go straight into battle, invading the opposition's base. She doesn't care if she gets splatted, 'cause she'll come straight back and try again! With the Splattershot Jr., she'll use her special frequently to assist teammates and help move forward. Takin' one for the team! With the Splatterscope, she'll stand on a ledge and hit any enemy in her reach. Not forgetting the special; bomb rush, in which she will use to push into the enemy base, and her teammates can take it from there!
Those who super jump to her she will try to protect, 'cause let's face it, no one wants to get splatted as soon as they land.

History: Selina grew up alone in the alleyways of an urban city. Her parents and siblings are unknown to her. She was then taken in by a mysterious man who went by the name of Cap'n Cuttlefish, whom she became very close to. To her, he was a father figure. But one day, Cap'n Cuttlefish had suddenly vanished, and Selina had no one to look after her or to be with. Panicked and confused, she began to cry and cry, and day after day she waited for his return. Days, months, and even years had passed, but still, no sign or glimpse of him. Her heart became smaller and colder through the passing days - she had no one in her life. Who could she trust? There was no one there for her. So Selina gave up on him. She wanted to start a new life in solitude.That's when she found herself wandering into the busy streets of Inkopolis, where she met many inkling boys and girls. Selina tried to ignore them and stay alone, but they were persistent. They always greeted her when she passed them, brought her small gifts like super sea snails, and they always had a smile on their face when she watched them from an alleyway. After many months of being alone, Selina finally wondered to herself, "Why are they so persistent? Maybe I really should trust them.." And after that day, she nervously walked over to the other inklings and gave a small smile.
They all grinned at her at once, and one said "It's about time you came to talk to us! Come on, tell us about yourself!" So she did - and it was the happiest moment of her life. Selina knew from then on, friends and family are the most treasured things in everyone's life. (insert tears of joy here)

So there it is, hope it wasn't too long! Let me know if I need to change anything, and I will obligingly do so. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
You guys sound like a cool squad, I guess I'll apply! (if you still have open slots, that is)
Name: Selina
Nintendo Network ID: xSkytte
Skype Name: selina.chiu1

Inkling Name: Selina

Weapons: Tentatek Splattershot, Splatterscope, Custom Jet Squelcher, Splattershot Jr.

Personality: She's very outgoing and fun loving, and doesn't care what others think of her. Although quite sociable, she does like being on her own and going for walks late at night.

On The Field: She likes to go straight into battle, invading the opposition's base. She doesn't care if she gets splatted, 'cause she'll come straight back an try again! With the Splattershot Jr., she'll use her special frequently to assist teammates an help move forward. Takin' one for the team! With the Splatterscope, she'll stand on a ledge and hit any enemy in her reach. Not forgetting the special; bomb rush, in which she will use to push into the enemy base, and her teammates can take it from there!
Those who super jump to her she will try to protect, 'cause let's face it, no one wants to get splatted as soon as they land.

History: Selina grew up alone in the alleyways of an urban city. Her parents and siblings are unknown to her. She was then taken in by a mysterious man who went by the name of Cap'n Cuttlefish, whom she became very close to. To her, he was a father figure. But one day, Cap'n Cuttlefish had suddenly vanished, and Selina had no one to look after her or to be with. Panicked and confused, she began to cry and cry, and day after day she waited for his return. Days, months, and even years had passed, but still, no sign or glimpse of him. Her heart became smaller and colder through the passing days - she had no one in her life. Who could she trust? There was no one there for her. So Selina gave up on him. She wanted to start a new life in solitude.That's when she found herself wandering into the busy streets of Inkopolis, where she met many inkling boys and girls. Selina tried to ignore them and stay alone, but they were persistent. They always greeted her when she passed them, brought her small gifts, and they always had a smile on their face when she watched them from an alleyway. After many months of being alone, Selina wondered to herself, "Why are they so persistent? Maybe I really should trust them.." And after that day, she nervously walked over to the other inklings and gave a small smile.
They all grinned at her at once, and one said "It's about time you came to talk to us! Come on, tell us about yourself!" So she did - and it was the happiest moment of her life. Selina knew from then on, friends and family are the most treasured things in everyone's life. (insert tears of joy here)

So there it is, hope it wasn't too long! Let me know if I need to change anything, and I obligingly do so. Thanks! :)
Amazing application! I've already notified our squad about it, and we should get back to you soon!

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
HUGE news everybody!

1. We have merged with the Squadalapods! They will now represent Team Delta of Inkopolis Underground. Check it out here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6pOI3NRObVLubqXRD5lFZzZ-E/edit#gid=2082378001

2. The squad will now be adjusted to fit the competitive aspect of the squad more! Most people turn away at the sight of "roleplaying", but I can assure you, it isn't as big as you think it might be. The only thing we've done so far with it is the profiles you post when you apply and some snazzy ID cards by MissingNumbers, which are both a plus to me.

3. Hopefully we will be able to update our squad's thread soon! The member list has changed from the list on the thread, so we could use an update.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Name: Right Whale
NNID: Ciano365
Skype Name: Sadness

Now the fun part!

Inkling Name: Anarchy
Personality: Cryo is quiet and keeps to herself, in battle she barely communicates but still leads her team to victory. She doesn't enjoy long conversations and prefers to keep her distance from things.
Backstory: Enjoys smashing the system, and such other anarchist activities

Weapons: Classic Squiffer, Carbon Roller, Splash-O-Matic and the Sploosh-O-Matic!

If you want more info just ask me!

Last edited:

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
Hey guys. Loving the vibe from this group and would love to sign up. I'm new to this whole experience, from being a part of any competitive team, to roleplay, to using forums and even using skype (made an account just minutes ago to join you guys). Yes, I do live under a giant metaphorical rock, so I'm hoping you'll be gentle. Anyway, introductions aside, it's time for my application.

Name: Tent-attack
NNID: C_r_4_g_u_s
Skype Name: C_r_4_g_u_s

Inkling Name:
Cromack
Favourite Weapons: Any really, but shooter class is his go to. Especially Custom Jr. and .52 Gal.
Playstyle: In turf war he will stay behind to make sure all ground is covered for good mobilty, but will help out if pushes are being made. In ranked he will help the team out by distracting the opposition so the team can get the objective, but will fall back if assistance is required.
Personality: Very grounded, but quite often aloof. Won't give his opinion unless asked for it. He isn't extremely outspoken, however he is fiercely loyal to anyone who he has made friends with. Anyone with a good sense of humour makes him feel at ease.
Backstory: Curious by nature, yet not very vocal, Cromack has travelled to many places in his own company. From a rich background, however he didn't see eye to eye with his parents and left home as soon as he could transform into a young teen. Being a well travelled young man he has absorbed many ideals and beliefs from the many ways of life he has witnessed around the world. The place he has spent the most time recently though is Inkopolis, a melting pot for Inklings of varying backgrounds to come and participate in their favourite sport. Although he has been told he may be a bit too old for participating in turf wars, he isn't going to let the words of a few deter him. On his most recent visit he caught wind of a squad of Inklings, named the Inkopolis Underground, who seemed accepting of all types. As he heads to the Squidhole, the local haunt for the squad, he hopes they will be welcoming to him and help lift any nervousness he feels.

I hope that was a good first attempt at roleplay. Chances are I'll change it up a bit down the line. Kinda nervous now I'm posting this, but I won't get anywhere if I don't. :p

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Hey guys. Loving the vibe from this group and would love to sign up. I'm new to this whole experience, from being a part of any competitive team, to roleplay, to using forums and even using skype (made an account just minutes ago to join you guys). Yes, I do live under a giant metaphorical rock, so I'm hoping you'll be gentle. Anyway, introductions aside, it's time for my application.

Name: Tent-attack
NNID: C_r_4_g_u_s
Skype Name: C_r_4_g_u_s

Inkling Name:
Cromack
Favourite Weapons: Any really, but shooter class is his go to. Especially Custom Jr. and .52 Gal.
Playstyle: In turf war he will stay behind to make sure all ground is covered for good mobilty, but will help out if pushes are being made. In ranked he will help the team out by distracting the opposition so the team can get the objective, but will fall back if assistance is required.
Personality: Very grounded, but quite often aloof. Won't give his opinion unless asked for it. He isn't extremely outspoken, however he is fiercely loyal to anyone who he has made friends with. Anyone with a good sense of humour makes him feel at ease.
Backstory: Curious by nature, yet not very vocal, Cromack has travelled to many places in his own company. From a rich background, however he didn't see eye to eye with his parents and left home as soon as he could transform into a young teen. Being a well travelled young man he has absorbed many ideals and beliefs from the many ways of life he has witnessed around the world. The place he has spent the most time recently though is Inkopolis, a melting pot for Inklings of varying backgrounds to come and participate in their favourite sport. Although he has been told he may be a bit too old for participating in turf wars, he isn't going to let the words of a few deter him. On his most recent visit he caught wind of a squad of Inklings, named the Inkopolis Underground, who seemed accepting of all types. As he heads to the Squidhole, the local haunt for the squad, he hopes they will be welcoming to him and help lift any nervousness he feels.

I hope that was a good first attempt at roleplay. Chances are I'll change it up a bit down the line. Kinda nervous now I'm posting this, but I won't get anywhere if I don't. :p
Awesome application! You're NNID and Skype is very unique, to say the least. Make sure to join our group (http://squidboards.com/groups/inkopolis-underground.274/), and we'll get @NeoStar to approve you and add you to our Skype chat.

chubbylittlefox

Inkling
NNID
Mariolover127
Hihi! I constantly keep looking at your group and thinking about joining it too for quite some time. Anytime a somethings been on my mind for awhile I know it means I love it. Though I am nervous, like a oodles and oodles of nervousness, but here goes. xD

Name: Chubbylittlefox
NNID: Mariolover127
Skype Name: lorenloves

Inkling Name: Reinalee but prefers you call her Rei
Weapons: Krack-On Roller, Octobrush, mainly rollers and her favorite guns Splash-O-Matic and Custom Splattershot Jr.

Personality: Rei is a shy peace loving inkling who daydreams about the existence of unicorns and narwhals. When she feels awkward she may laugh because she doesnt know what to do, and sometimes she will laught at her own thoughts. Often times you’ll see her making charms or drawing, it’s the best way for her to consume her time. Sometimes she may act like a boy and pretends she hates fashion, but secretly she loves it and will base her weapon choice off her outfit of the day. She likes to analyze other inklings whether it’s their personalities or playstyles to know if she’ll fit in. Just because she doesn’t say much doesn’t mean she has nothing to say; just believes others can explain it better.

Playstyle: When she’s on the battlefield it’s like she is a completely different person. Her sadistic side comes out and all she really wants to do is pursue splatting the other opponents (loving to do so at their spawn point calling them her prisoners in her head). Though if she witnesses one of her teammates die before her eyes that’ll cause that side of her to come out automatically. She will occasionally calm down and focus on the task at hand; covering the area. Constantly Rei might charge into enemy territory to hopefully give her team a head start to cover the base and set up mid-ground. During the battle she’ll check her map to see if any teammates may need assistance and hurry to help. Though she does listen to others and takes her instructions given seriously.

History: When Rei was a young inkling her brother who was her only family member, was taken by an unknown group of inklings to participate in wars between other inklings. Sad and alone, she had to fend for herself, and the only things left behind by her brother was his Roller and final words, “Reinalee fill this world with your colorful inks and one day you can make a difference. Never surrender, and remember I’m always watching over you.” Every time before a battle starts she remembers those words and spreads her ink with her roller Yuuta, which she named after her brother. She hopes to one day find a place she can call home as well as be reunited with her brother on the battlefield.

Sorry if this was...I guess cheesy, if I'm accepted I'll try and make it better in the future. xD

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Hihi! I constantly keep looking at your group and thinking about joining it too for quite some time. Anytime a somethings been on my mind for awhile I know it means I love it. Though I am nervous, like a oodles and oodles of nervousness, but here goes. xD

Name: Chubbylittlefox
NNID: Mariolover127
Skype Name: lorenloves

Inkling Name: Reinalee but prefers you call her Rei
Weapons: Krack-On Roller, Octobrush, mainly rollers and her favorite guns Splash-O-Matic and Custom Splattershot Jr.

Personality: Rei is a shy peace loving inkling who daydreams about the existence of unicorns and narwhals. When she feels awkward she may laugh because she doesnt know what to do, and sometimes she will laught at her own thoughts. Often times you’ll see her making charms or drawing, it’s the best way for her to consume her time. Sometimes she may act like a boy and pretends she hates fashion, but secretly she loves it and will base her weapon choice off her outfit of the day. She likes to analyze other inklings whether it’s their personalities or playstyles to know if she’ll fit in. Just because she doesn’t say much doesn’t mean she has nothing to say; just believes others can explain it better.

Playstyle: When she’s on the battlefield it’s like she is a completely different person. Her sadistic side comes out and all she really wants to do is pursue splatting the other opponents (loving to do so at their spawn point calling them her prisoners in her head). Though if she witnesses one of her teammates die before her eyes that’ll cause that side of her to come out automatically. She will occasionally calm down and focus on the task at hand; covering the area. Constantly Rei might charge into enemy territory to hopefully give her team a head start to cover the base and set up mid-ground. During the battle she’ll check her map to see if any teammates may need assistance and hurry to help. Though she does listen to others and takes her instructions given seriously.

History: When Rei was a young inkling her brother who was her only family member, was taken by an unknown group of inklings to participate in wars between other inklings. Sad and alone, she had to fend for herself, and the only things left behind by her brother was his Roller and final words, “Reinalee fill this world with your colorful inks and one day you can make a difference. Never surrender, and remember I’m always watching over you.” Every time before a battle starts she remembers those words and spreads her ink with her roller Yuuta, which she named after her brother. She hopes to one day find a place she can call home as well as be reunited with her brother on the battlefield.

Sorry if this was...I guess cheesy, if I'm accepted I'll try and make it better in the future. xD
You have quite a creative application! Make sure to join our group forum (http://squidboards.com/groups/inkopolis-underground.274/) and I'll get @NeoStar to approve you and add you to the Skype chat! :D

LinkLuigi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LinkLuigi730
I think we will be the new cool squid kids!

Name: Nayfus
Nintendo Network ID: LinkLuigi730
Skype Name: sufyann.s

Inkling Name: Nayfus

Weapon(s): .52 Gal Deco

Personality: Nayfus LOVES technology and uses it everyday. He is wants to become the biggest techie in the world. At the same time, he enjoys an active lifestyle by playing sports such as soccer. Nayfus will use logic and instinct to figure out the best possible solution until he is frame – perfect!

History:

Nayfus was first exposed to the battlefield on the Global Testfire. Back in those days he would dominate the turf with his Splattershot Jr. Now that there are much more weapons to choose from, he uses the .52 Gal Deco and cannot wait for August so he can dominate other squads to the best of his ability.

mayday_29

Inkling
NNID
planetkman
A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

Name: Kile
Nintendo network id: planetkman
Skype name: mayday_29
Inkling name: Kile
Weapons: splatterscope, Jet squelcher

Personality: Mayday enjoys playing baseball whenever he's not working at his part time job at Cooler Heads. Sometimes he takes a stab at skateboarding at Black Berry skatepark, though he isn't that great. One day he hopes to open a restaurant in inkopolis.

History: Mayday continued to walk through the back alley as the cold night wind blasted him as he wished he brought a jacket. Other thoughts flew past him along with the wind such as why he had to take the shortcut through the bad parts of town. He felt like he was going in circles as he didn't know his way around these parts. But he continued his march onward until he came to a halt as a loud booming growl aroused from no where. "What ya lookin' for squiddy!" He slowly turned around still pondering how he got here. "Just trying to get back home." He said stumbling over his words. "Well it seems you came across our turf!" Yet another sinister voice arrived. "I'll just going" I say frightened. "Your not goin' anywhere, boys, get him!" I quickly dashed off looking for cover. But my legs finally gave out as I fell down beside a dumpster, I could hear their footsteps as they got closer. The chilly wind blew once more, knocking over a splat charger that was right next to me! Knowing what I had to do taking hold of the brightly colored weapon I took aim at the attackers and let loose. I defended myself until I ran out of ink. The gang leader made his way over, about to clober me with a gold dynamo roller! While I shut my eyes and waited for him to rear back a figure from out of the shadows lobbed a splat bomb saving me! "nice moves kid!" The stranger complimented me as he introduced himself. "I am Neostar, leader of Inkopoils Underground, an elite group of squid kids fighting against thugs such as those guys back there." Mayday felt so honored he had never been asked to participate in something so incredible! "Yes please I would gladly join!"I replied feeling overjoyed. "Great! I'll show you to our base."

SciDan

Inkling
NNID
SciDan
This looks like an interesting squad
Is there a minimum level of activity within the squad?
Because I do not have a lot of time on the weekdays. Also seeing a lot of the squad members are mostly in the US and I live in Australia so I will be active during 6pm - 1am PT time.
If you are quite lenient on activity I will like to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom