• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Least Favorite Map?

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
@Dark Sage Walker You’ve just reminded me of Flounder Heights and I absolutely can’t wait for that map to come back. I remember really struggling at first but I think that’s one of the most well designed maps in, probably both games actually. I know this thread is about least favourite maps, but the reminder of Flounder Heights is actually making me want to go back and play the first game again right now.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
If the critique is gonna be "dull boring maps are popular with pro players" think again. I don't think pros like the stinky Mackerel either, where it's unavoidable lasers galore. At least in S1 Wail stood in one fixed spot.
Moray in most modes is just flat-out badly designed, where half of the map gets completely unused. CB Moray is just the center, and nothing else. The staircase of skyscrapers exist to just artificially pad out respawn times.

On the subject of S2 maps, personally i really dislike Marina/Starfish aka what it feels like dying to blasters and sloshers nonstop.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Probably because the area of the map that can be considered “your spawn” is very large in this stage, and all routes from spawn lead to an open courtyard area. So if a team is diligent enough, matches can turn into a spawncamp as soon as someone has control of mid.

Also, I really dislike this stage too, I think some ppl who played splatoon 1 have just become numb to its terrible design. I’m honestly thankful it got a little bit of improvement in this game :p
Yeah the biggest issue is the "fatal funnel" leading from the spawn lanes to the open areas. The upper/side routes don't have enough visibility to counter a spawncamp. It's enough to flank but not enough to get the coverage needed to actually counter. On a positive note I think the center area has improved with the sponges and routes to the top of the boxes.

Reactions: the

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Yeah the biggest issue is the "fatal funnel" leading from the spawn lanes to the open areas. The upper/side routes don't have enough visibility to counter a spawn camp. It's enough to flank but not enough to get the coverage needed to actually counter. On a positive note I think the center area has improved with the sponges and routes to the top of the boxes.
Agreed, the center area has improved dramatically. But if you can't get to that area thanks to being spawn camped, then it really makes no difference. Like you said, it all comes down to a lack of visibility and having no alternate routes to go through to get things moving if you do start to get camped. This map is, in my opinion, the worst in the game.

On the subject of S2 maps, personally i really dislike Marina/Starfish aka what it feels like dying to blasters and sloshers nonstop.
I hear ya. I dislike these stages quite a bit myself. Neither one makes me feel like I am doing well even when I am. Rather, it makes me feel like I am simply conquering a law of averages. I don't think that's fun for either side.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Sorry, I'm taking a stats course and don't have any way to apply it to life.
Welcome to most college courses nowadays. :(

I understand what you are saying. I just mean to say that playing on Manta Maria or Starfish Mainstage feels like you are just going to win eventually as compared to with any modicum of skill and/or knowledge. I know this is kind of an ignorant way of thinking about these stages. It's just how I feel about them.

Kelp Dome. It's honestly the only stage from 2 that I can definitely say I dislike and the only one from 1 that I can recall disliking offhand. Granted, I'm not as annoyed with it in my experiences from 2, but still.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Starfish Mainstage. Splat Zone is the only time I can tolerate it. Other than that, it's just a boring stage imo. I used to dislike Moray Towers a lot.....but now it's ok. It's not my favorite, but it's not my least favorite anymore. The only time I hate Blackbelly is in ranked mode. Turf mode.....I love it. I guess my hate for a stage depends on the mode.

Leni

Inkling
NNID
neptunia
Switch Friend Code
SW-5016-3156-9135
Moray Towers is a true stinker. Nintendo changed it a couple of times, but... you can't polish a turd. o_O I was never a big fan of Camp Triggerfish either, so I was kind of bummed to see it reappear in the latest update.

Cephalobro

Honestly, Port Mackerel is just bad in Rainmaker, this just proves my point that the spawn point shield of that stage needs to be bigger so that the enemy team doesn't get access to those areas. Think about it, anyone with a Rainmaker can just perch there with no one able to stop them in time. Or at least make those areas a Rainmaker-free zone, anything to prevent a team from taking unfair advantage.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Camp Triggerfish. I was excited when it debuted because it was new to me since I never played it on Splatoon 1. Now I hate it. It’s like a colorful version of Moray Towers because of how disconnected it is. It takes forever to get to the enemy side compared to other stages and it’s dreadful for Splat Zones. It’s basically a pissing contest to see who has the longer range weapon. I’d take Moray or Blackbelly SZ over Splat Zones on Triggerfish. I have the worst win percentage on Triggerfish and it’s messed up how they always pair it up with one of my favorite maps. And the fact that Splatoon doesn’t have a stable pattern of switching out the two maps, it makes it tricky for weapon choice. I’ll only use a slower long range if I know it’s gonna be Triggerfish but with Splatoon you never know which of the two maps you’ll get. They should do an update where the first hour is one map and the second hour is the second map.

Sevrault

Inkling
NNID
sevrault
I really hate Shellendorf even though I usually main long-range weapons. You're pretty much asking to lose if you use a short-range weapon in this map xd

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
If I have a map which I don't like then it's Triggering Campfish (My name for Camp Triggerfish). Even if rollers aren't that of a thing anymore. I will always carry on that negative roller s**t from Splatoon1. One carbon roller and the team had almost no chance of EVER getting back.

But there is nothing holding me back from playing it. There is no map which I really dislike that I don't like it. I just want to get as good as I can.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I've recently reevaluated my opinion of Goby Arena. I'm starting to dislike this stage more and more as time goes on. But it hasn't replaced my dislike of Manta Maria or Moray Towers. Narrow passages opening up into a huge, open area? Lovely. That doesn't invite Blaster camping at all!

Moray Towers I dislike because it shows up so regularly! I get tired of this stage and would love it if it just didn't appear for a while.

Of course, any time I can get on The Reef is a good time to me. :D

Cephalobro

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to dislike Goby Arena, maybe it's because of those linear areas with tarps.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Not that I enjoy beating dead horses or anything, but I just recently popped back onto Splatoon after taking a little miniature break thanks to being sick and what do I find after a few days of inactivity? Of all the possibilities that could possibly be there? None other than Moray Towers! I swear this stage stalks me just to pop out at the worst possible time! Like a creepy person on the bus or Pinkie Pie with a cake. I don't want to see you, Moray Towers! Go bother someone else! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom