Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Anyway, Coco I would like your thoughts on recent events. Need others to share and vote today as it is deadline.

I will be walking home be back in a bit.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Reed I think you are down playing your own skill here. Through out the whole game you have been trying to undermine my position, for example, the over saturation point
I think I'm smart, but I've only played three forum mafia games if you include this one. If you say I have skill I suppose I'll have to take the compliment. Thank you ^u^

I dunnoo... You and Thingy have played 100+ games. That doesn't mean you're the best at the game, but it menas I have to be wary because you probably have the best idea of the tactics. If we lynch mafia today, which I really hope we do, I need to have my second on the side.

Though is it really stubborn to hold onto a piece of logic that has thus far proven unrefuted? I mean, my gut says you're town, but I dunno. The only thing I have to go by is how you play and the night information that I trust is true.

1. I can't deny that the night actions make you look scummy.
2. I can't deny that your actions make you look townie.

It's... tough to decide. I guess maybe I'm jumping at shadows. You are provoking the most discussion. Your actions are telling of someone who legitimately wants to find scum.

Man. It's much easier to just trust my gut.

Think we can get @Thingyman to talk a bit? I want his thoughts on discussion. Same with @Boolerex who do you think is scum right now?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Okay, I'm home and aware stuff has gone down. Gimme a few minutes to catch up on things, though I'm still kind of crunched for time with summer homework I didn't finish due about the same time as the deadline.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
1. If you feel he is scum, you should be voting him.
2. If something struck you as scummy, you should point it out.
3. You should confront him, and make sure he explains his actions to you.
Something Drez said in the game he linked where he was mafia rolecop. Is this still good advice?--I mean it was day one so I think it was still reasonable.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
...it is surprisingly interesting to read previous mafia games.

About the building bridges thing. I have tried it and will always try it because I feel it is a tool that can help the town. It can destroy scum and make them cower in fear. I would only do so with someone I believe is town and has been looking at the same things as I have most likely. I always would keep an eye on that person because I wouldn't want to let him slip away if he was scum trying to ally with me. Basically, buddying/building bridges is null and people should be careful who they build with.
This still something you do Drez? Or do you only do it as scum? I've noticed that you haven't really done that most of the game, so is that just one of your scum tactics in the meta? Or did you do it subtly?

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
To make sure I'm understanding the WIFOM it means...

to believe somebody is what they really claim to be--or otherwise--based on their actions and then being able to trust those actions because it can always be that they are trying to get you to believe otherwise under the assumption that they have all the information at their hands?

I've just seen this thrown around a lot and I think I get the idea, but it seems a little hard a concept to grasp.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
It's... tough to decide. I guess maybe I'm jumping at shadows. You are provoking the most discussion. Your actions are telling of someone who legitimately wants to find scum.

Man. It's much easier to just trust my gut.
This conclusion comes a little too late. I don't know why that has not occurred to you before I gave suspicion of you.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Yes on the advice. On building bridges, I'd do it regardless of alignment. Only thing is there is no one here I wanted to buddy. I would need a strong town read to buddy someone and we could work together. It's a great tool. I also do promote discussion as mafia as well. Only thing is I would not entirely help town without any strings attached.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
This conclusion comes a little too late. I don't know why that has not occurred to you before I gave suspicion of you.
I trust my gut most of the time because I can justify it with my mind afterward. It's difficult to trust my gut when my head disagreed on the most probable outcome.

It's a bit jarring, really.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn and @xCoCo trusting you're both doing the same as me and making a longpost

Only thing is I would not entirely help town without any strings attached.
Interesting. I'll try to look for that in your game so I can see you helping town with strings attached and see if I remember any cases where you do anything similar.

Though mostly I've seen you helping town unabashedly.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
From pages 4 and 5:

Again, newbie caution + info overload + procrastination = lurking around. I'm just a tad hesitant to form concrete opinions.
I'm hesitant to say that this is incriminating because I know that she's a heavy procrastinator. But then again, Ammy is also excited for anything that really strikes her fancy and I know that this game has been something that has caught her attention a while. Then again, I know that she's also very meticulous about what she cares about which explains why a lot of her posts are longposts.

Hmm...

My natural tendency is to defend her. Damnit.

In any case, seeing as you're online right now, I don't want to duke it out 1 on 1 with you 'cause you seem like you'd know better---oh nevermind hey Reed.
wait a moment

wait a moment wait a moment wait a moment what?

Ammy can you explain this post? Why wouldn't you want to start discussion with Drez?

Can you spot the difference? In the post above (where he was town), he feels much more confident in his reads. He calls several people suspicious and also calls several people likely townie. He brings up stuff and gives a conclusion. In this game, he instead makes COMMENTARY on what people have done and then mostly calls everyone neutral. He's just describing the game and not taking any hard stances, very much unlike his town game. I mean, look at the xCoCo read, what is that? He's just stating what she's done and saying "it's not going well for me right now"...
Thingyman provides some reasoning for voting Bool. Man, why did I forget he actually did? Now his anger seems a little justified. :l

Okay, yeah, townie points for Drez as well. This is the second time he's going after someone for viewing the thread and not posting. Bit advanced play for a scum, it seems. Seems sincere to me, in any case.
Hmm... his gut read on Drez is town as well.

oh lol

forgot about this

well, damnit, VOTE AYKORN THEN

but there's 5 minutes left, so that's not happening

what a fail
First really attacking post. Though it seems his read on Aykorn has begun to get rather heated--wanted to vote most null member at the time because first day went badly.

Is attacking someone or spouting angry things like "maybe we should just concede" normal in mafia?

I thought the opposite. I thought they just didn't kill anyone. How are you sure they were blocked?
This is more evidence toward town side--I don't think xCoco would think to question the way the mafia kill would work when she noted my assumption. A few townie points.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Alright, yeah, I've kind of been inactive 'cause I've been procrastinating the ever living hell out of summer homework and that's going to keep me from being super active near this deadline, too. >.> Sorry about that, mistakes were made on my part. As much as I want to defend myself well and not screw over the rest of the town, I don't have a lot of time to spend-- I'll check in when I can.

Alright, reads.
Townies:
Boolerex- Town Jailer. I think that's most logic supported since no one else has an explanation for no night kills.
Reed- Townie. Aside from gut feeling and friend bias, he's digging up serious dirt and combing through forums. That's a lot of trouble if they're a mafia member.

Drez: Null- I see the logic behind the night actions and I also recognize the town discussion being prompted by Drez most of the time. So, could be experienced mafia play, could be townie that was targeted and saved twice.

That leaves xCoCo and Thingy. =_= Mmm
Thingy: Null. I've honestly just been having a hard time following Thingy??? I'd probably bandwagon Thingy if that's the consensus, but I just don't have the time to today to look better.

Coco's been been posting more recently so it was a tad easier to look at her posts.
xCoCo: Scum. Seemed like she was suspecting anyone who threw suspicion at her. Reed said she probably wan't good at lying, but reactive townie act, reactive Mafia kills? Going for Drez twice seems like the most simple mafia plan and xCoco has been playing catch up since her V/LA.

If you she were Mafia, might target Drez twice. He's a pretty large target, you probably weren't aware of all the possible power-roles so you'd probably aim for the most dangerous player first. Which would explain why I'm still alive--she might not want to kill me for personal reasons.

Thoughts, Aykorn?
Ack, jeez. I want say something like, "haha Reed, I'd totally kill you for laughs" but I would probably avoid it because it'd be obvious and link back to me. That or kill you Day 2. Have someone to brag to. Nah, I dunno, you're probably right with that assessment.

But i think the reason you were safe, as well as the rest of us, was because Drez had the most presence and drew in all the attention. Chosen one for being protected and killed is a good explanation for the no night kills.

I was mostly asking about power roles to straighten out the night logic on the whole Bool Drez deal, because I thought there was some logical merit to that idea, but I'm thinking Drez's activity speaks more.

xCoCo was also probing Boolerex for details on power roles, too?

Oh god, spent too much time on this. I'll... bleh, leave this in case I can't get back on, though I'll try.

##Vote: xCoCo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom