Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I would say probably Aykorn just because she's the one that comes to the top of my head. Boo can't be mafia. It just can't happen lol.

****in son of a *****

TOTALLY forgot about keeping up with the game, but i'll go ahead and do that now

please refer to the post where i said i didn't realize how little time i'd have to focus on not-irl **** for my reason for being an awful host. trust me, in any normal situation im not this garbage of a host.

And then, with the town seemingly running itself because their god is a stupid lazy ****ing piece of ****, they decided that Thingyman was the one that must die.

And with that, Thingyman, Mafia Goon, was lynched! The town exploded in cheers, with the understanding that hope for the town was still possible!

It is now Night 3! Please send your actions before September 4th at 11:59 PM EST. As always, if I receive all actions by before the deadline, the Night will end early.

And then, considering he claimed such to the public, and with the knowledge that mafia was still hanging around, the inevitable happened and...

Boolerex, Town Jailer, was killed during the Night!

Day 4 Begins! With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch! Deadline is set for September 8th at 11:59 PM EST!

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Since Boo is dead, scum definitely bussed Thingy. Best thing to do now for each of us is to re-read the thread with the knowledge that Thingy was mafia. Look at my pressuring and wagon on Thingy and notice who was there, commenting and not commenting. Try to look for odd interactions.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
@Akorn, that's not why I am voting you. I'm voting you for misrepresenting Rom when the answer you are looking for, is already in his post. It reads of you trying to cherry pick his post, and you only did so after I asked why you thought the post was 'telling' and 'more suspicious' even though my reasoning refuted your original conclusion of why he was scum. I want you to look at the first quote, and tell me the answer you are looking for is not there. Re-read it.
My original thoughts on Aykorn.

Saying more is pro-town. Yet what you did with Rom, wasn't. You are cautious with voting, but you are not cautious with the 'reasoning' you use. If you were cautious, would you not try to read the quote in depth to be accurate?
Original thoughts on Aykorn.

xP I think this is me being tired and distracted.
I remember reading Rom-Stein's posts earlier and finding the logic to be contradicting, but I can't remember how now. I think I missed that trying to pick it out. I'm going to get some rest before trying to respond again.
This reads as a lie. I asked Reed about this as he said Aykorn isn't a good liar. This post is the most suspicious of Aykorn's entire play to me.

I don't have many thoughts on her [Aykorn]. I mostly operate by either noting whether someone is being different from their town game (but I have no baseline for Akorn) or whether someone is making generally "objective" townie posts. I have nothing noted for Akorn.
Thingy's scum hunting was baloney, but this reasoning is also baloney. Could be purposely not interacting with Aykorn and keeping her at null for no good reason.

REeeeeeeed, the spoilers, ahhh everything is so neat and tidy, I love it. So much.

....Yeah, that's all I have to say for the moment, will come back to this.
Reed talked about me 'building bridges' and buddying in past games. I said this is a good tool to use as either alignment, and here she is definitely buddying Reed without really commenting on why or commenting on it at all. This is the kind of thing you want to watch out for.

<snip>

...I'm honestly not sure where my vote would be most useful. >.< Thingyman has a couple prominent players with suspicion against him and seems like the easiest to agree on if we're really trying to make a lynch count. But he is attempting to defend himself, and that additional discussion is more comforting than Boolerex's silence. But then again, Boolerex hasn't needed to say anything; Reed and Drez have been carrying the suspicion against Thingy.

I'm ultimately leaning towards voting Thingyman, but I want to see what the consensus is.

@Rom-Steïn If the majority changes, would you vote Thingyman or keep the heat on Boolerex?

(Also @xCoCo You doing alright now? Or still V/LA?)
Her paragraph reads as wishy washy. She doesn't look at Thingy due to his actions but because two players with enough clout are pushing him. She then states Thingy defending himself is more comforting then Boo's silence. Finally she leans to Thingy but does not vote him.

Right behind ya Drez.
Though, they said they'd be off so they can't really defend themselves? Ehh welp.

##Unvote; ##Vote: Rom-stein
When I asked her and others to come on, she came on very suddenly, even though she was leaning towards Thingy. Think about this with a grain of salt, as you may need more context for this point.

Notice how Aykorn has been the most absent from our discussions.
Wanted to quote this to remind people Aykorn was quite absent. She may have had school but so did I. Yet keep this in mind.

Alright, reads.
Townies:
Boolerex- Town Jailer. I think that's most logic supported since no one else has an explanation for no night kills.
Reed- Townie. Aside from gut feeling and friend bias, he's digging up serious dirt and combing through forums. That's a lot of trouble if they're a mafia member.

Drez: Null- I see the logic behind the night actions and I also recognize the town discussion being prompted by Drez most of the time. So, could be experienced mafia play, could be townie that was targeted and saved twice.

That leaves xCoCo and Thingy. =_= Mmm
Thingy: Null. I've honestly just been having a hard time following Thingy??? I'd probably bandwagon Thingy if that's the consensus, but I just don't have the time to today to look better.

Coco's been been posting more recently so it was a tad easier to look at her posts.
xCoCo: Scum. Seemed like she was suspecting anyone who threw suspicion at her. Reed said she probably wan't good at lying, but reactive townie act, reactive Mafia kills? Going for Drez twice seems like the most simple mafia plan and xCoco has been playing catch up since her V/LA.

##Vote: xCoCo
This post was interesting because of a tone change. Another thing is that she had Reed as townie but didn't factor in his vote on her, as if to ignore it. She puts me in null after seeing Reed's logic on me, and also puts Thingy on null. I don't see a good reason from the change from 'scum lean' on thingy to null. Finally she votes Coco who I think is just trying to go with the bandwagon that isn't Thingy, since Boo was on her.

In conclusion, I feel Aykorn is scum because over the whole game, she has had good effort but it then dropped into silence, which does not equal to a drive to find scum, but a drive to appear town. Second, her push on Rom in the beginning did not seem like she was really trying to determine his alignment, but frame him on a contradiction that wasn't there. (Her post justifying it or trying to clarify it seems like a lie) Third, I still think her town read on Reed is weak, and in the last quote is not good enough to be a town read, especially without considering his recent actions towards her. Just seems like trying to appease his slot.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Coco and Reed I would like your thoughts on this.

Remember guys no voting until we are sure on who is scum today as we are still in lylo.

Myself Coco Reed and Aykorn

If we lynch incorrectly scum can night kill and we lose the game.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Lynching me will lose the game. I'm another Vanilla townie, even though I've been making questionable choices.

If you want an explanation for this stuff 1) another thing you can ask Reed about myself is that I'm bad at explaining things and 2) realizing this fact about myself and being attacked by you early in the game, I kind of realized I don't quite know what to look to pick out scum or how to explain it. So I kind of... hung out in the back?
My strategy changed from not being as active to just staying afloat because I wasn't sure where my input would be useful.

So I guess what I'm trying to say here is, yeah, I think I have been a lot less helpful, but I'm not mafia.

Also, my town read on Reed is weak. It's bias and gut feeling from knowing him Irl, backed up by the fact that I follow his logic. But if you want logic, he's also been without internet lately because he's moving so the unless AA released the results later, Reed was mostly gone for the night phase.

Regarding Rom, as a first time player, Rom's ambiguity was the first thing I latched onto.
Regarding Thingy, I genuinely couldn't follow their actions :/ Don't know what to say here.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Ah, that's what I forgot.

Okay, i need to get back to this later in like 2 hours. Movie in the living room is distracting the hell out of me, I'm kind of just sitting here not typing.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
...I forgot about this again.
>.> Uhm... I'll get to this in the morning.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Drez I know as well as anyone that enough evidence in one direction can make anyone look scummy--reads move around all the time in this game. So I've been reading over your evidence on Aykorn and can see why you think she's scum. My question is... what are your reads on me and xCoco?

Aren't you funnelling attention too hard on Aykorn? I recognize that you've had your suspicions on her all game, so it's fair to present the most evidence against her case, but what do you think of the other players? Or have you just looked at who you think is most scummy at the moment and intend to read us later? You didn't present that in your longpost--though you did question xCoco and I do want to know what the hesitation was about--which surprised me considering that you suspected me at the end of LYLO day:

Reed, I suspect you but if we can't secure a lynch town loses anyway, so I'm willing to switch to Coco since there are already two votes on her. (In what I hope is Aykorn scum bussing Coco)
...and you were willing to vote xCoco so a fair amount of suspicion must be around all of us. That said what are your reads, Drez?

Null; on grounds of jailing logic and tunneling Aykorn

@Aykorn I understand the newbie feelings and flailing around trying to know what to do. Still, presenting one thought post a day is useful no matter what the situation, even if they're small posts.

So that said, you don't seem to really be deflecting any blame from yourself beside the townie claim. You seem to kind of just accept that you've been off your game and apologize for that as a townie, but that looks really scummy. You look like you've been hanging back all game which doesn't make things look good for you Ammy. :l

Null scum; on grounds of laid back play

@xCoCo Where are ya? Why the hesitation as far as lynching Thingy? Yesterday you were wonderfully active so I tend to lean less toward scum than Aykorn is currently pushing, though I need to read through your actions again and what I compiled--because it's better organized--to see what tidbits stand out to me about you.

Null; on grounds of nonreadability and inactivity (even if not her fault)

Man, it's late and I'm physically exhausted. I'm gonna go to sleep soon, I'll ask more questions later.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I did suspect you at the end of the day. My suspicions were going all over the place, which should give you signs that I'm townie trying to find the best direction and being wrong at times. I don't think I'm going to hard on her, I think it's just about right amount of suspicion. In the early game, I suspected her, but I layed off her to let her play so I can see how she plays comfortably. I also just layed out everything I find suspicious about her so the audience (you and Coco) can see her overall play I find to be suspicious. I can give you my reads on you and Coco.

Reed, before I found you to be townie for being paranoid of Thingy and myself, and always trying to evaluate everything without being too quick to release town reads on us. Your suspicion on me (townie by gut yet scum by night action logic) is weird to me and with your pressure vote set off scum vibes to me with Aykorn. Yet Thingy flipping mafia rules out a reed/aykorn mafia team, so it quells my concern with you and you just seem to genuinely believe that. I also think out of you and Aykorn you have more chance of being townie simply because of the effort and caution you had with finding scum. Again, Aykorn felt to me like seeming to put in effort but only to appear town, with then a silence coming after. I had to poke her to come back while things were happening early game.

Coco is essentially null. She is correct in that her inactivity was due to squad issues and squad tournaments happening. I have not yet seen her put as much effort like she has done in my own game. Yet I do think she gets lazy and simply omguses those who attack her (at least as town in previous games, not sure as scum) and gets more engaged in the game that way. Basically Aykorn is much more suspicious to me then Coco, and it's between Aykorn and Coco to me.

Lastly, I was willing to vote Coco because we were very close to no lynch, Boo wouldn't be able to get on to move his vote to Aykorn. I was willing to vote Coco because otherwise, a no lynch would go into night > mafia kill boo > we instantly lose. We wouldn't be here talking about this. We'd all be dead. Yet, I had the sudden thought to swing to thingy, and it paid off

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I do agree Coco needs to answer that post.

So. Coco and Aykorn. I really need to know who you both suspect and your reads so we can read you both. Night.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I am most suspect of Aykorn. Reed and you fairly seem town. I wanted to yell Boo yo jail Aykorn but it was too late for that. I'll make a better post when I'm up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom