Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Also, as a question to Thingy and Drez, but really anyone, I've been jumping on the bus to try to put pressure on someone to speak in the early game with everyone. Is that a bad move? My thought process is that more pressure--aka the actual risk of lynch--would push someone to post. But is it really necessary in your experience?

...actually, now that I think about it, either the quiet person is going to be inactive and not help town much through the game, or they're mafia lurking in the shadows so they're the safest bet? Hmm... is that logical reasoning?

Thoughts on the thought process?

...thoughts on the process of thinking Slaking???

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I think it's good to get everyone talking. More discussion is pro-town, less is pro-scum. Information overload can be bad because it can possibly cause us to change our minds after a length of time, but it's bad for both sides because it's situational.

Now, is it alright to vote someone who is lurking in early game, I guess. One thing is that they may be away from the thread and won't even know your vote is on them, so usually it's good to pressure/talk with people who are already there so you can get a bead on what you can. Yet, sometimes scum may deliberately lurk, so getting a wagon on them can help motivate them to post. Town lurk to so you shouldn't just lynch for inactivity, you should be looking for more.

For example, with Slaking, he only talked about mechanics, and didn't do anything else in reference to finding scum, yet Acorn who has been silent for a bit, has put some content in, so it's better to get rid of Slaking because he has more scum agenda then she has.

Some people don't like looking at inactives at all because they feel it's an easy lynch, but that's just asking to lose the game if you always avoid inactive lynches. You also can't lynch inactives every day phase, so you must try hard to get the correct one.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Aykorn I have seen you viewing for quite a while. Hopefully you have something to say now.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Alright, things looking like they're heating up and I need to start speaking up a bit more.

Aykorn I have seen you viewing for quite a while. Hopefully you have something to say now.
Oh boy, yes I do! Eeuurgh long post is long.

What is your experience with the game?
What is your schedule?
My experience with this game is like... does summer camp games count? Not very experienced, at least in the online setting. So count this as a first game.

As for my schedule, I'm actually checking this game pretty often. >.>;; I just got overwhelmed by all the content and questioning that started taking off, so I put off analyzing and posting. So, my schedule is very open, I'm just prone to procrastination.

What do you think about the RVS for moving forward the game and as such, why avoid the initial vote?
I think it's really picking up and theres a lot more information now, but I wouldn't know. I need to get involved more and be more open as people start casting suspicion.

I avoided the initial vote because I guess I didn't want to lynch someone on a whim?
>.> Yeah, but then I saw the chance for a joke vote and the snark in me won over. In any case, I saw no one else looking in Rom-Stein's direction until you started analyzing, and figured they wouldn't get lynched for a joke. Now, I'm not so sure.

Can you explain why you were being cautious? I just want to know your thought process here. Also, I'd like for you to give a reads list on the players. You have only posted twice and I know nothing else of your play.
Again, newbie caution + info overload + procrastination = lurking around. I'm just a tad hesitant to form concrete opinions.

@xCoCo : No one seems to be able to get a read on her. ??? I have no clue honestly.

@ReedRGale : I'd like to think I can read you, as a friend, but I know of your Mafia prowess, too. He was also my insider on the last game, so I'm slightly aware of other people's play-styles. I'm leaning towards townie here. >.>

@Thingyman : I've heard of the last game on this forum and your complete deceit. If you're townie, you've got quite a bit of talking down to do to convince people. Right now, you seem... shmoozy, but I guess that's appropriate for where you're at. So, I'm sort of suspicious?

@Drez : >.> Oh man, lot of information from you, too. I'm a bit intimidated by your know-how and history, but I'll answer the probing. It seems to be taking the game in the right direction. That, or your aggressive-ness is to build trust among the town. Don't really know how to swing here, you seen like you'd know lots of strategies.

@Boolerex Ehehe, looks like you're getting targeted. I honestly don't see anything with you aside from being pretty chill. Neutral.

@slakingking1 ???? where you at?

@Rom-Steïn I thought how you responded to the votes was disconcerting. The whole "Eh, what can you do??", accepting the doubt and treating early game analysis as useless... sounds like trying to prompt inaction in townies. I'm taking that as a sign of suspicion.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Hmm, I can definitely tell you come from an IRL mafia setting. It seems you are trying to read people via tone or something? Also, you mention Reed was your insier (mafia buddy?) last game, what game was that? Can you describe your history with him? (Mafia wise)

Why did you vote Rom-stein essentially? If you were being cautious, why did you leave your comfort zone to then vote Rom?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Also tell me if you'd be willing to lynch Slaking1 today or not, and why.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I avoided the initial vote because I guess I didn't want to lynch someone on a whim?
One vote does not = a lynch on someone, so you know. You are supposed to use your votes as tools to find mafia, so this isn't a good reason to avoid initial voting.

Put simply, one vote does not = a quick lynch on someone, it is not hasty.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Dunno if this was aimed at me, but I think if Slaking doesn't respond, it would be worth lynching him for the logic that I presented before... unless we can find a replacement in a day.

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
I didn't say early game analysis was useless, I said that it was useless to consider someone as a mafia before the 1st mafia death happened.
Analysing posts is always useful. And also, keep reacting to my post, it's giving me materials to judge you, aha.

The more you talk, the more materials you give to be judged. And currently there are some players who are speaking a little too much...meaning they already are in my list for some reasons. However, I can't be certain before 1st mafia death occurs, as I said.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Also, you mention Reed was your insier (mafia buddy?) last game, what game was that? Can you describe your history with him? (Mafia wise)

Why did you vote Rom-stein essentially? If you were being cautious, why did you leave your comfort zone to then vote Rom?
Me and Reed are IRL buds. I got to look over his shoulder as he talked about the last mafia game on this forum, since I was an outsider then.
>.> The circumstances have obviously changed.

Why vote Rom-stein? I mostly left my comfort zone for snark. Hehehe.
Also, yeah, I now grasp that 1 vote doesn't equal a lynch. It wasn't until I probed more that Rom-stein started acting suspiciously so I'd say it was a shot in the dark --prompted by snark-- that got an interesting reaction?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
So how is Rom acting -more- suspiciously? What about his reaction is suspicious to you now?

Reed, how are you reading Akorn, seeing as you are IRL friends. I wonder why you have not mentioned her. (iicr)

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Never mind, you did interact with her. Forget about that question.

I would actually really like it if Thingy actually explained his vote on Boolerex. We have one day until deadline, where you at man.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
First day, everyone is a mafia, and after 2nd day, you pick those you think they are suspect. That's how I do it.
I didn't say early game analysis was useless, I said that it was useless to consider someone as a mafia before the 1st mafia death happened.
@Rom-Steïn Care to explain your thinking? You're giving mixed signals.

Is everyone innocent or a suspect until proven otherwise? Or is this all just a way to say "Doubt everyone"?

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Ignore the question? Well, I mean, I can always give a forthright answer. She seems pretty town to me; but then even though she's not very good at lying in real life, she might show a bout of adept skill online. So I can't really say. We try to avoid discussing this game in person for that express purpose.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
;__; Aw man. @Drez, you wound me.
I guess that's kind of fair, since I said I was being cautious, but then my voting decision ended up being flippant.
I'm still trying to work out how I want to play though. =m=

In any case, seeing as you're online right now, I don't want to duke it out 1 on 1 with you 'cause you seem like you'd know better---oh nevermind hey Reed.

Still, in the first days I was't sure if saying less was useful or not. As you've said, saying more is pro-town and less is pro-scum. I'm trying to adjust how I play now to be useful to everyone else.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
@Reed, can you explain why?

@Akorn, that's not why I am voting you. I'm voting you for misrepresenting Rom when the answer you are looking for, is already in his post. It reads of you trying to cherry pick his post, and you only did so after I asked why you thought the post was 'telling' and 'more suspicious' even though my reasoning refuted your original conclusion of why he was scum. I want you to look at the first quote, and tell me the answer you are looking for is not there. Re-read it.

I also want to know why you town read Reed.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Saying more is pro-town. Yet what you did with Rom, wasn't. You are cautious with voting, but you are not cautious with the 'reasoning' you use. If you were cautious, would you not try to read the quote in depth to be accurate?

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Drez If I'm being completely honest, I'm probably painted with some level of bias. But that said, she isn't very hiding her thoughts in person and she seems to legitimately trying to find her way around how the game works. As such, I'd lean town on her for now, myself but recognize that my understanding of who she is is probably clouding my logical reasoning, if that makes sense.

In any case, I'm going to be watching her to see how she develops her playstyle and try to determine whether she is mafia or not based on past experiences with her.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I think the two of you are giving each other too much benefit of the doubt, but it may be due to knowing each other irl. I mean, both of your town reads on each other are pretty weak. Especially her reasoning for her town read on you. I'm seeing that as null but I'm also telling you you both should have each other as null, not town. What do you think of her reasoning for having you as town?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom