Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
xP I think this is me being tired and distracted.
I remember reading Rom-Stein's posts earlier and finding the logic to be contradicting, but I can't remember how now. I think I missed that trying to pick it out. I'm going to get some rest before trying to respond again.

Jeez, I spent a while thinking of why I'd say Reed is townie, and I'm hoping this isn't intuition from talking to him in person. I'll try to explain, but I agree, this is a tad weak.
He's a person who's good at navigating social situations in real life, usually in the role of an advice giver, or someone trying to probe others for philosophical thoughts. ...There's just a lack of sugar coating and dampening --a directness-- in his questioning that makes me think he's genuinely grabbing for information here.

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
Man, 1st post I said I was doubting everyone the 1st Day.
2nd post I said that post analysis was not useless.

How is that contradictory ? xD
The contradiction is when I say on the 2nd post "useless to consider someone as a mafia" and that was a typo, I wanted so say "townie", and yet screw me.
Don't forget I actually have to translate everything I say, I'm not a natural speaker of english, that kind of typo might be common.

That being said... <_<
Aykorn said:
Me and Reed are IRL buds. I got to look over his shoulder as he talked about the last mafia game on this forum, since I was an outsider then.
>.> The circumstances have obviously changed.
Didn't African American said that interaction between players outside of the thread was prohibited ?
And btw, him being your irl bud doesn't mean you gotta believe him at all cost here, lol

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Reed, tell me your thoughts on Akorn's recent post.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
She has my character pinned down--I spent a lot of my life learning how to control my words, as I showed with the last game. I may not be experienced with mafia, but I learn fast and should definitely never be trusted.

As for her read on Rom, I would legitimately say that she's just inexperienced.

@Rom-Steïn Indeed, you are right, we don't talk about the game for obvious reasons. My read on you still holds.

In the spirit of the game, @Aykorn I'd say that Drez's advice is sound. You should consider me in null and I shoudl do the same.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Not the answer I expected. I want to see more opinions from others before moving on. I'll then give my own conclusion.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Just as you provided all the previous renditions of mafia you have for everyone to look at, I feel that honesty is the best policy. I'm simply stating more bluntly what you and Thingy make implicitly clear--we're probably dangerous. I am a good liar but I will try to make it clear that I am townie through my actions, as I'm sure you will be.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Tagging @Thingyman as I still want the know the raison at why he voted for me,considering day end in a few hour and that because again,I don't understand why he would hide that at the first place. It would be still nice to know. That and the fact I'm the first concerned of the vote.

Also if @slakingking1 still don't post anything again here,guess we might as well lynch him. If he DO respond and give us his opinions and such, maybe lynch @lonelyrollingsquid instead? AFK player don't help town much in anycase... + I don't see anyone suspicious enough to to be worth a lynch otherwise...Expect maybe Thingyman.

Also I'm pushing Drez more and more as a townie considering he made quite a effort to make town discussion alive.

Thingyman

Inkling
Alright, guys, I'm sorry. I just am really busy. Dealing with a lot of stuff and am stressed out IRL. I shouldn't have signed up for this game, but I'll do my best to keep up with it.

Regarding my suspicions towards Boolerex. In the last game I played with him he subbed in on Day 2 and INSTANTLY made himself a super obvious townie, despite it being his very first game, and I was forced to kill him already that night, because I feared his capabilities. My suspicions can be succintly summed up like this: I'm not getting that vibe this game.

In this game, he initially just made "safe" commentary about the game state and about how to play the game etc. Nothing of content, no indication that he's actually trying to solve the game. Do not like. Now is this game a bit different than the last one? Sure, it's early day 1, but Boo was very excited to jump into the last game and immediately had thoughts formed -- in this game, he only has thoughts to present after sort of being prompted to do so.

I would actually like that you elaborate in why you vote for me Thingyman,especially since I'm the first one concerned. I don't really see any raison at why you would even hide that at the first place.

I guess there was enough talk for me to have a basic opinion of everyone in here. So I'm gonna analysis all those post right now and post my thought:

@xCoCo: See above, She just voted for me and that it, altrough now with Thingyman vote I have two of those in me. So yeah,not going good for me right now

@lonelyrollingsquid:...Oh He said nothing yet too,surprised nobody else called him out for that, howener unlike Platypudding which got replaced due to afk'ing... He's still here in-game. Plotting against us heh?

@ReedRGale: Active so far with a extended discution with Drax,Put his thought about everyone which is alway good to know,also he asked me for some read about people,so here you have it! Gonna signity lean townie for him right now

@Aykorn: Didn't posted much,but he actually tried to some stuff move around,Gonna wait for more post from him to get a better opinions though,right now it a neutral for me

@Thingyman: Posting overload hue,right now I'm kinda confused in what you trying to do by voting for me but not giving any raison and why you would assume Drax read seem town at me while it seem clearly either neutral or null scum for me hue. Right now I'm gonna keep you as neutral.

@Drax: Gonna call him townie for now just because he managed to make conversation flow toward town while it it was kinda dead and made some good analysis,but like ReedRGale it might be a bluff to trust him. So hum... Gonna wait for more?

@slakingking1: Right now the only post he have made was to talk about game mechanic as if you can actually vote or not. Now that he know the answer,I didn't saw him participating in our discussion afterward so far, so yeah I would like to heard a bit your opinions in here too.

@Rom-Steïn: Have done some Random voting,discuced a but with me,but didn't made much analysis yet. Another guy in while I would like to heard his thought too.

And that should all. Because Lonelyrollingsquid Litteraly posted nothing yet, I'm gonna ##Vote:Lonelyrollingsquid to make him post at least something in here. Also again,I would like for Slakingking1 and Rom-Stein to post his opinion at everyone like I have done too.

Oh and because Drax actually didn't actually used the right format to vote for me,Do I have 3 vote at me or 2 right now?
I'm admittedly not sure what to make of the reaction to my vote -- he's a new player and he'd probably not know how to react in either role, so I'll consider that null. But what I don't like is these reads in general. Seems like he's doing them for the purpose of presenting them to us, rather than actually wanting to use any of this himself to solve the game.

Also, notice his conclusions and his reads on everyone. Now compare this to last game:

Can you spot the difference? In the post above (where he was town), he feels much more confident in his reads. He calls several people suspicious and also calls several people likely townie. He brings up stuff and gives a conclusion. In this game, he instead makes COMMENTARY on what people have done and then mostly calls everyone neutral. He's just describing the game and not taking any hard stances, very much unlike his town game. I mean, look at the xCoCo read, what is that? He's just stating what she's done and saying "it's not going well for me right now"... What the hell is that? :S :S

Thingyman

Inkling
Oh, and, one more difference is that he actually places a vote too at the end of his big reads post from the last game, another sign that he's actually trying to use his reads and trying to solve the game, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Thingyman

Inkling
As I said, there's nothing to analyse on the first Day. Unless someone being a total idiot and speaking so much that everyone figure out what he is, you can't come up with a conclusion on first Day.
You have to wait until at least 2nd Day to begin to consider someone as a Mafia guy.
First day, everyone is a mafia, and after 2nd day, you pick those you think they are suspect. That's how I do it.

Btw, I'm totally seeing my death coming at Night, just feeling it <_<
Leaning townie on Rom for this underlined bit. Seems a bizarre thing for a noob scum to come up with.

@Rom-Steïn Are you implying that vanilla townies are useless? I mean like, I know you said "judge after a day" but I mean, for all intents and purposes, they are working with mostly the same information as everyone else and gain only the knowledge of "death" after night 1. That is powerful information to be sure, but still, aren't you then still judging the vote based on character?

Vanillas never know anything for certain (unless there's a masonizer or messenger [assuming I'm understanding those roles right]) and are you suggesting, through your philosophy, it is only worth playing if you are a power role? I mean, then you can know things for certain or act on the things that you think more freely. But as things are, you seem to be implying that we can't use our judgement of character to win this game and, as such, the game is pointless for those that can't know a fact for sure.

By that logic, are you suggesting you're are a power role or mafia? I dunno. I'm gonna lean a little mafia on you. That last comment about getting lynched at night is really pulling at me. :l
And this seems like a townie reaction to Rom's statement.

Yeah this is what I thought,for now he's more likely to be replaced,so I'm moving my vote to Slakingking1 which I'll also like to heard now

##Vote: Stakingking1

Also Drax don't forget he ## at the start then you vote :p
Note for the future: If slaking turns up scum, don't give any credit to Boo for voting him.

Also, as a question to Thingy and Drez, but really anyone, I've been jumping on the bus to try to put pressure on someone to speak in the early game with everyone. Is that a bad move? My thought process is that more pressure--aka the actual risk of lynch--would push someone to post. But is it really necessary in your experience?

...actually, now that I think about it, either the quiet person is going to be inactive and not help town much through the game, or they're mafia lurking in the shadows so they're the safest bet? Hmm... is that logical reasoning?

Thoughts on the thought process?

...thoughts on the process of thinking Slaking???
I'm hesitant to give townie points for asking questions about how the game should be played, but I made a mental note that this seems different from Reed in the last game, so I'll give super tiny townie points for this.

Aykorn I have seen you viewing for quite a while. Hopefully you have something to say now.
Okay, yeah, townie points for Drez as well. This is the second time he's going after someone for viewing the thread and not posting. Bit advanced play for a scum, it seems. Seems sincere to me, in any case.

@Thingyman : I've heard of the last game on this forum and your complete deceit. If you're townie, you've got quite a bit of talking down to do to convince people. Right now, you seem... shmoozy, but I guess that's appropriate for where you're at. So, I'm sort of suspicious?
Well, heh, the funny thing is, I myself think I was super duper obv scum in the last game. I think if you compare the two games, you might already be able to find some differences.

Thingyman

Inkling
Tagging @Thingyman as I still want the know the raison at why he voted for me,considering day end in a few hour and that because again,I don't understand why he would hide that at the first place. It would be still nice to know. That and the fact I'm the first concerned of the vote.

Also if @slakingking1 still don't post anything again here,guess we might as well lynch him. If he DO respond and give us his opinions and such, maybe lynch @lonelyrollingsquid instead? AFK player don't help town much in anycase... + I don't see anyone suspicious enough to to be worth a lynch otherwise...Expect maybe Thingyman.

Also I'm pushing Drez more and more as a townie considering he made quite a effort to make town discussion alive.
It's annoying when you're caught and you aren't even given an explanation, isn't it? ;)

Thingyman

Inkling

Also, this seems to be coming out of nowhere. It certainly doesn't follow from your last reads list, and I don't think I posted anything since that.

Thingyman

Inkling
Townies
Thingyman
Rom-Steïn
ReedRGale
Drez

Not on my town list (yet), but wouldn't lynch today
xCoCo

The rest
Boolerex
slakingking1
lonelyrollingsquad
Aykorn

Thingyman

Inkling
If my top 5 are right and there aren't any extra kills or anything, I've already solved the game. But I wouldn't be surprised to learn that I miscleared a player -- if so, I promise I'll find out on later days and reevaluate. But for Day 1, I'm happy enough with where I'm at.

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
Aaaaaaand that's how I get people to think what I want them to think.

Your list is interesting, that is to say, but you made a big mistake : you listed yourself on the townie list...
I mean either this is a big unintended mistake and you revealed your role to everyone, or you desesperately tried to make us think you are a townie and hid your role as a mafia guy.
Your role shall be pretty obvious after the 1st Night death.

And how is xCoco not in any of your list ? I mean why isn't he in the townie list or in the "rest" list ? Feel uneasy about him ?

Thingyman

Inkling
Aaaaaaand that's how I get people to think what I want them to think.

Your list is interesting, that is to say, but you made a big mistake : you listed yourself on the townie list...
I mean either this is a big unintended mistake and you revealed your role to everyone, or you desesperately tried to make us think you are a townie and hid your role as a mafia guy.
Your role shall be pretty obvious after the 1st Night death.

And how is xCoco not in any of your list ? I mean why isn't he in the townie list or in the "rest" list ? Feel uneasy about him ?
Haha, right, I sometimes forget that some players react strangely to this when seeing it for the first time. It's pretty standard for many players from many communities.

Just so that you don't need to tinfoil over it, I'll link to my most recent town game to prove that it's just something I do: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=30980697#post30980697

And my second most recent, just because it was easy to find: http://www.mafiauniverse.net/threads/246-Mafia-JK9?p=9458&viewfull=1#post9458

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Thingy, talk to me about Akorn. I'll elaborate later, but I have to go and pick up a check.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Ok good that you explained your reason why you voted for me,that all I wanted to know.

The main raison why I didn't made my read before was simply because I didn't got that much to talk to begin with,now that drax got the discussion going a bit,I managed to pull of some read in, while I can't deny it was mostly neutral read,it generally because I can't put 100% trust at anything yet (Like what late dead townie would have said)

If you want some solid read from me right now,I say that earlier but I'm pretty sure that drax is townie right now due for making the town chat way more active,I'm leaning townie for ReedRGale too because he kinda post his trought earlier ; as for people that I'm leading scum at, we got again the two kinda inactive
slakingking1 and lonelyrollingsquad as well a Thingyman again.

While my big read list make Thingyman appear neutral, null scum was the thought I wanted have shown,and so far you seem even and even more suspicious for me in top of that I said earlier

Notably in that part:

Oh, and, one more difference is that he actually places a vote too at the end of his big reads post from the last game, another sign that he's actually trying to use his reads and trying to solve the game, which doesn't seem to be the case here.
I also placed a vote In the end of my big read list,for similar raison even (a player that didn't talked much in here). Here it seemed like someone trying to spread some confusion in here.

It's annoying when you're caught and you aren't even given an explanation, isn't it? ;)
Also seem like a rather lame attempt to get me lynched just because of a random comment

And like Rom-steïn noted,there also the fact that you list yourself publicly as a townie,although it more because you know you own role and just act as such,if you say what I mean,so I wouldn't really take that as a argument

But anyway,all those raison make me point out Thingyman as a scum for me,which is why I'll go ##Vote: Thingyman To show my wiliness to lynch him , however if Slakingking1 or Lonelyrollingsquad end up needing more vote for a lynch,I'll gladly change my vote for them because as I heard,it not a good idea to end day 1 without a lynch for town. Considering we only have a few hour left before day end. That might be necessery,I'll try to keep a eye in his thread in the meantime.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Also I forgot to note that thingyman double post quite alots his game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom