misshiirin's Fanart♡

misshiirin

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
GPhZc3obsAEchrx.jpeg

Omg... Two posts in one day. Why? Please, help me, Lord. The Switch takes me actual hours to draw on sometimes.

Okay! So, this one is the one I put for the illustration festival going on in Splatoon 2 right now. We were supposed to pick either Inkopolis Square or Metro. And we were supposed to pick our favorite memory. Naturally, I chose the Square and my memory was of my very first Splatfest! My first Splatfest was Mushroom Mountain VS. Bamboo Shoot Village. I chose Bamboo Shoot Village! I also love Marina, so I'm happy I was able to draw her.

I wish they had a gray option on the Switch so I could easily color in deeper skin tones. When I try dithering in my drawings, it makes certain details disappear. So, I'm stuck drawing my posts like they're coloring book pages, aside from stuff like blush. That's how someone put it on Twitter once; that it was like a coloring page. That's pretty much what I've been trying to go for, because there's no gray. I've always hated that.

Anyway! Marina's part of my own group of three. My three most favorite Splatoon characters ever! They are Marie, Shiver, and Marina, in that order. And trust me, everyone who knows me, knows that fact very well lmao.

2bdamned

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
Thank you! I always go out of my way to make posts that stand out among the rest. Even if it might be the same subject or something, I always try to be as original as possible. I pride myself on that!

Someday, I want to put out a tutorial on drawing on the Switch. Or at least, show some videos of me drawing my posts. It's so hard to draw on there, and I'd love to help more people figure it out a little better. I was able to teach my brother a bunch of things, and he told me it helped him out a lot!

And yes, of course you can add me! As I said, I always try to play with everyone when I can. And I'm trying to play with others more often now, even. Send me a request, and I'll accept it right quick. :D
Of course!! I think your posts are very unique, I've been hoping to see them around sometime but I haven't yet! Maybe it's my region or something...? I'm not sure honestly.

And a tutorial would be a great idea!! I've only tried drawing on there a few times, maybe twice or something but it was rough!!! Actually, the one thing I managed to finish is on my twitter I'm pretty sure.

Request sent!! My name on there is 2B and my icon is Captain 3/Agent 3. I'd love to play sometime, I may be on later tonight to play some Big Run!! I think we may [?] have similar timezones? For me right now it's almost 3:30 pm when I'm sending this!

misshiirin

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
Of course!! I think your posts are very unique, I've been hoping to see them around sometime but I haven't yet! Maybe it's my region or something...? I'm not sure honestly.

And a tutorial would be a great idea!! I've only tried drawing on there a few times, maybe twice or something but it was rough!!! Actually, the one thing I managed to finish is on my twitter I'm pretty sure.

Request sent!! My name on there is 2B and my icon is Captain 3/Agent 3. I'd love to play sometime, I may be on later tonight to play some Big Run!! I think we may [?] have similar timezones? For me right now it's almost 3:30 pm when I'm sending this!
Aww... I'm sorry you can't see my posts in-game. Yes, it's probably because of region. I play Splatfests for the Japanese region, so only other people who play for that region can see them.

I'll definitely have to find a way to tape myself drawing so I can upload a tutorial somewhere! It really is very hard to draw on the Switch. And don't feel bad. I was going to show my first Splatoon 3 post here later this month when I remake it, but hey, I'll show it now! It's proof that practice makes perfect LOL. And think about this. When I drew my only post in Splatoon 2 back in 2018, .. you know? The one I remade the other day? That one looked even worse.

FzGSSI2aUAAf1NJ.jpg

Yeah. So, if ANYONE ever needs motivation to try drawing on the Switch, look at this crap and compare it to my stuff from today. That's almost a year's difference. I drew that on June 20, 2023! It's possible to improve like that!

I accepted your friend request. Thank you for sending me one! I live in the US and my time zone is EST. It is 1:48 A.M. at the time of typing this, so I'm actually gonna be going to bed soon. BUT! Because I play with people in Japan all the time, I am often found playing in the morning or really late at night. So, that would be either night time or like, noon-ish for you, depending. We'll definitely be able to play often, I'm sure! Just, unfortunately, not right now because I am dead tired from all the stuff I've had to do. I'm hoping I catch you after I wake up sometime. If you ever catch me in a room or something, feel free to join in! And, if you don't mind, I'll jump into your game sometimes as well. X)

Edit: Also, I just saw the post you were talking about, btw. It's so nice! You actually are really good at your lines, too! I put a like on it and everything. :P

Last edited:

2bdamned

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
Aww... I'm sorry you can't see my posts in-game. Yes, it's probably because of region. I play Splatfests for the Japanese region, so only other people who play for that region can see them.

I'll definitely have to find a way to tape myself drawing so I can upload a tutorial somewhere! It really is very hard to draw on the Switch. And don't feel bad. I was going to show my first Splatoon 3 post here later this month when I remake it, but hey, I'll show it now! It's proof that practice makes perfect LOL. And think about this. When I drew my only post in Splatoon 2 back in 2018, .. you know? The one I remade the other day? That one looked even worse.

View attachment 11803

Yeah. So, if ANYONE ever needs motivation to try drawing on the Switch, look at this crap and compare it to my stuff from today. That's almost a year's difference. I drew that on June 20, 2023! It's possible to improve like that!

I accepted your friend request. Thank you for sending me one! I live in the US and my time zone is EST. It is 1:48 A.M. at the time of typing this, so I'm actually gonna be going to bed soon. BUT! Because I play with people in Japan all the time, I am often found playing in the morning or really late at night. So, that would be either night time or like, noon-ish for you, depending. We'll definitely be able to play often, I'm sure! Just, unfortunately, not right now because I am dead tired from all the stuff I've had to do. I'm hoping I catch you after I wake up sometime. If you ever catch me in a room or something, feel free to join in! And, if you don't mind, I'll jump into your game sometimes as well. X)

Edit: Also, I just saw the post you were talking about, btw. It's so nice! You actually are really good at your lines, too! I put a like on it and everything. :P
Ahh that makes perfect sense then... My region is Australia, New Zealand and The Americas. At least I can see your stuff on twitter regardless though!

I'm not quite sure how to tape yourself on the switch, I've looked into it before because I thought it would be fun, but got a little confused trying to find out lol. Like I honestly have no clue. But this is actually really good for your first post you drew!! And I can see how much you've improved since then too, even your style itself! Thank you for motivating me, I kind of want to give it another try when I think of something to draw... Maybe next splatfest!

Oh god, I was way off with the timezones... we are totally not in similar timezones at all lmao mine is AEST. I'm in Australia! But hey, I also often get on pretty late at night or in the afternoons for me. Which sounds like it may line up well anyways with yours from what you said! I'll totally join if I see you online, and you are absolutely free to hop into my game if you see me playing too!!! That would honestly be super fun and I don't mind at all B] I'm probably gonna try some BIG Big Run tonight!

And thank you so much for liking my post!!!! I really appreciate that a lot, I'm very picky when it comes to my own lineart, so that means very much to me!!

ALSO one more thing, I HOPE I'M NOT CLOGGING UP YOUR THREAD WITH ALL OF MY MESSAGES!!! If you'd like me to message elsewhere, let me know!!!

Mp3

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
She Her
Misshiirin can you draw my character please? I love your style. The first image is her gear. The last one is how her ink and eyes look. She also wears thin white glasses to help her see and loves splat bombs. Her ponytail tentacles are significantly longer than average.

Attachments

misshiirin

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
Misshiirin can you draw my character please? I love your style. The first image is her gear. The last one is how her ink and eyes look. She also wears thin white glasses to help her see and loves splat bombs. Her ponytail tentacles are significantly longer than average.
Hey, thanks! Of course I can draw your character! I've gotta finish my other requests and a couple of arts trades here, and then I'll get on yours. It'll be done sometime next week, I think!

Reactions: Mp3

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Okay! So, I started on my mini-project for you. So far, I have four sketches for you to look at. I figured I could do a few different expressions you could use in your videos, if you wanted. (You know, like when other people have different pictures for different reactions or explanations.) On top of those, I could also draw you a separate picture with sort of a background on it that you could use as an icon, if you didn't want to use one of these for it as well.

Please tell me if you like them, and I will finish them tomorrow (line art & coloring). They can be resized to be a bit bigger, or much smaller, so don't worry about the size yet. They'd be traditional, but I was going to edit them digitally so they'd sort of be like stickers. Trust me on this one, it'll work out great if I can do it the way I'm thinking! And hey, if you don't like them for this, you can use them for something else instead. I'll understand if it's not what you were expecting and you look for help elsewhere.

View attachment 11761
View attachment 11762

Some of the lines aren't there because they'd be colored in, not inked, so don't worry about the details. Please let me know how you feel! :O

And, of course, if you literally just want a profile picture, I could use one of these, or start over completely. No problem!
THIS IS SO CUTE I LOVE IT THANK YOU

misshiirin

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
I can draw your character a text icon like the one I made for me too.
Oh, wow, really?! That would be so cool! If you feel like it, I'd love that! As I said, my picture for you will be done sometime next week. I think it'll be fun, because of all the pretty colors you put on your character. :D
THIS IS SO CUTE I LOVE IT THANK YOU
Thank goodness! Since I know that, I'll finish them up for you, and you'll be able to use them in no time! I'll work on them while working on the other things. You'll get all your pictures done probably by the beginning of next week. Maybe, like, Tuesday or something like that? It'll take a while partially due to the process of getting them ready for you to use in videos, if you so please.
(⁠人⁠*⁠´⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚⁠+

Also, thank you! I'm so happy you like them so far!

misshiirin

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
I finished your icon I hope you like it!
I do like it! Thank you so much!! She looks so cute with those little eyelashes!
(⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

I'm trying to find a way to use all the art people have put together for me, like putting it in a banner or something. You know, after getting permission from you guys, of course. I'll ask the others if it's okay, too, when the time comes. As for this one, it'd be great if I could use it as a profile picture on a different site! Is that okay, as long as I give you credit for it? I'm thinking maybe Discord, because I'm gonna have to start using it soon. I wanna get into competitive play real bad.

Now I definitely can't wait to draw your picture!

Mp3

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
She Her
Of course! You can use it for a pfp. I also wanna get compettitive, so maybe we could team up in a match sometime?

misshiirin

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
Of course! You can use it for a pfp. I also wanna get compettitive, so maybe we could team up in a match sometime?
Thank you for letting me do that!

Also, playing together sounds good! I'm hoping to start doing that kind of thing really soon. I'm trying to get a good video for people to critique how I play first. I haven't made it yet, because I'm finishing up getting the Splat Roller to five stars real quick. :P

misshiirin

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
oh wow i’ve really just been silently watching this thread so far lol. i said it before on your intro thread but i loooove your stuff. i admire how crisp you can make your plaza posts & your use of color in your traditional art looks so nice. man every time i see cool traditional art it inspires me to try and pick up physical mediums again (maybe) (eventually)

definitely don’t feel pressured to make this request a priority, but if you’re up for it i’d love to see harmony in your style! especially in marker, i feel like you’d really do her justice
IMG_20240609_0001_Resized.png

There you go! *Harmony!*

Yeah, so as you can see, the colors got really muted by the scanner. I hope it still looks alright to you! I wanted to try some different techniques on this one. As I said, these requests are partially for me to practice, so I gotta start these things somewhere! I think it came out okay-ish. I tried my best!

The text says Paruko, which is Harmony's Japanese name. I wanted to do something more exciting, but she doesn't really move much, so I just had her standing because I've already drawn her throwing a thumbs up in two plaza posts, as I've shown.

The next thing I draw will be a plaza post, and then I'll finish up ThestralZ's stuff! ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
View attachment 11835

There you go! *Harmony!*

Yeah, so as you can see, the colors got really muted by the scanner. I hope it still looks alright to you! I wanted to try some different techniques on this one. As I said, these requests are partially for me to practice, so I gotta start these things somewhere! I think it came out okay-ish. I tried my best!

The text says Paruko, which is Harmony's Japanese name. I wanted to do something more exciting, but she doesn't really move much, so I just had her standing because I've already drawn her throwing a thumbs up in two plaza posts, as I've shown.

The next thing I draw will be a plaza post, and then I'll finish up ThestralZ's stuff! ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
Isn't that the kanji for child? I always thought it would just be パルコ. Does this mean Harmony is canonically a child??

misshiirin

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
Isn't that the kanji for child? I always thought it would just be パルコ. Does this mean Harmony is canonically a child??
Haha. Yes, that is the kanji for child. It's used quite often in names irl. However, as far as I know, Harmony is 21 years old. That kanji is read as 'ko'. Here is a screenshot of my game so you can see it in action!
(* ̄▽ ̄)b
2024060918325200-4CE9651EE88A979D41F24CE8D6EA1C23.jpg

Do u have art requests open rn?
I do have requests open right now! I have a bunch of requests and art trades to do already, but if you wanna add yourself, too, you'll just have to wait until the end of next week or something like that. Is that okay?

Bubbsart

Senior Squid
Pronouns
she/they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-0856-6246-8984
Haha. Yes, that is the kanji for child. It's used quite often in names irl. However, as far as I know, Harmony is 21 years old. That kanji is read as 'ko'. Here is a screenshot of my game so you can see it in action!
(* ̄▽ ̄)b
View attachment 11836

I do have requests open right now! I have a bunch of requests and art trades to do already, but if you wanna add yourself, too, you'll just have to wait until the end of next week or something like that. Is that okay?
Yes, that’s perfectly fine with me :)

could you draw pearl from splatoon (ofc, we are on a splatoon forum here) in a pose like this of her Figma figurine?

Attachments

sevenleaf

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
View attachment 11835

There you go! *Harmony!*

OHHH THIS LOOKS SO GOOD the colors look nice!! i know the struggle of getting scans/photos of traditional art to look right lol so i believe you when you say it looks better in person, but it still looks great here!!

funny enough, i don’t see it too often but i have heard some western fans (still) call her paruko. notably i cosplayed her for a con back in march and two people stopped me like “OH MY GOD PARUKO!!! CAN WE GET A PICTURE???”
i assume it’s folks who’ve been big on splatband lore since before she got an official english name in s3 - after all, i still kinda struggle with “quinn” and “mashup” lol

misshiirin

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes, that’s perfectly fine with me :)

could you draw pearl from splatoon (ofc, we are on a splatoon forum here) in a pose like this of her Figma figurine?
Oh, okay, sure! I don't usually draw Pearl because of my Marina obsession, so when I get the opportunity, it's fun! You'll get it probably by the end of next week. I'll keep you posted!
OHHH THIS LOOKS SO GOOD the colors look nice!! i know the struggle of getting scans/photos of traditional art to look right lol so i believe you when you say it looks better in person, but it still looks great here!!

funny enough, i don’t see it too often but i have heard some western fans (still) call her paruko. notably i cosplayed her for a con back in march and two people stopped me like “OH MY GOD PARUKO!!! CAN WE GET A PICTURE???”
i assume it’s folks who’ve been big on splatband lore since before she got an official english name in s3 - after all, i still kinda struggle with “quinn” and “mashup” lol
Thank you! I was so scared you didn't like it all the much because you didn't say anything. I felt so bad that I might've let you down!

I think it's really cool you cosplayed as her. Actually, I had thought of cosplaying as Pearl before. I'm short enough and my skin tone is perfect for it. I think I could totally pull it off. If only I had a Marina to go with me! I would love it if people got all excited about me, too.
(*≧ω≦*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom