Most Unrealistic Challenge Ideas

Cephalobro

You can place Octarians around the map (normal Octarians, not the Sanitized or Fuzzy monstrosities), but they are invulnerable and cannot be splatted (but they can be moved, and cannot fall off the stage of the map), their purpose is to keep certain players away from certain areas.

Hey, there's gotta be an anti-rush measure, right?

Last edited:

Mx_Diva

Cephalospinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
Everyone gets a random Grizzco weapon.

technobyte

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe a challenge with ride rails on normal maps (as you mentioned,) dash pads, or even both! I could see them being especially fun on Humpback and Robo ROM-en, and Bluefin.

An alternate take on special weapon challenges where you have the special active permanently like in some octo expansion stations would be really cool for certain specials like zipcaster and inkjet. I'd love if they did it for crab tank too since it would be really funny seeing everyone roll to the middle of the map.

For a more unrealistic idea, maybe a color chip challenge where each player gets a few random color chip powers like main firing speed, splash radius, moving ink speed, and more. Of course, they would have to be chips you could actually use... or not! Imagine extra dodge rolls on... a charger? Some would probably be off-limits since chips like poison ink, drone chips (unless we get to use drones) and lucky chips wouldn't really work, homing shots might feel too unbalanced, etc. This idea would never happen but it's fun to think about.

Azhdarcho

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3173-5595-5611
What about a Sheldon challenge where it’s random weapons, but also random kits.

woomy.exe

Inkling
What about a challenge with zones where the zone is split into 4 smaller zones, and they're randomly scattered around the map. Multi zone maps will work the same way, just split up to 4 zones.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I thought of some more ideas so I'll post them here.
  • Every player will now periodically turn invisible
  • Jellyfish are now walking around the map and they can block shots and bounce anyone away who swims into them
  • Clam Blitz but you can now steal clams from enemy team players and even your own team by swimming or walking into them

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
I appreciate how unhinged these are. Why not:
  • The map is littered with with those springy-things from side order that fling you way up into the air if you step on them. bonus points: they are invisible
  • Clams that are dropped explode like a splat bomb after a period of time instead of just breaking/despawning
  • Rainmaker or Clam blitz but the goal/basket tries to run away from whoever has the rainmaker/power clam
  • An equal number of jelletons (or other enemies) spawn on each side of the map near where players spawn in. Whenever you kill one it respawns on your enemy's side of the map. Not sure what mode this would be the funniest in.

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
prisoner of turf war’s dilemma:
  • mode is turf war, obviously, but there is a line drawn across the middle of the maps
  • the other team and their paint are invisible (and intangible) to you
  • you may freely paint your side of the drawn line without consequence
  • if neither team paints beyond their line, both teams lose a small amount of challenge power
  • if one team crosses the line but the other does not, the team that crosses the line gains power while the other team loses a significant amount
  • if both teams cross the line, both teams lose a significant (but less than if only one team crossed) amount of power
  • you can only queue for this solo
i think this is a good idea everyone will love.

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
Honestly a splashdown challenge Akin to "Too Many Trizookas" sounds like so much fun 😭 If that happened, it would probably have to happen on Turf War just bc anything else aside from maybe clam blitz sounds horrendous, but Like, imagine the sheer chaos of after 15 seconds you see 5 splashdowns go off at once

That and the fizzbangs sound like AMAZING ideas.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
prisoner of turf war’s dilemma:
  • mode is turf war, obviously, but there is a line drawn across the middle of the maps
  • the other team and their paint are invisible (and intangible) to you
  • you may freely paint your side of the drawn line without consequence
  • if neither team paints beyond their line, both teams lose a small amount of challenge power
  • if one team crosses the line but the other does not, the team that crosses the line gains power while the other team loses a significant amount
  • if both teams cross the line, both teams lose a significant (but less than if only one team crossed) amount of power
  • you can only queue for this solo
i think this is a good idea everyone will love.
No challenge idea I can think of could ever be as insane as this.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Splat Zones, but the zone moves closer to the enemy base for every 25 points scored.

Clam Blitz, but the baskets are always open, power clams cannot be created, and players can carry up to 10 clams.

Tower Control, but the checkpoint duration and tower movement speed are drastically increased.

Rainmaker, but the rainmaker can be dropped at any time by pressing A.

Splat Zones, but the zone is gigantic, and only a quarter of it must be painted over for the enemy to contest it.

Clam Blitz, but thrown clams that do not land in the basket explode like Fizzbangs.

No sub weapons challenge.

No special weapons challenge; the special gauge still charges, but all it does when activated is refill the ink tank.

Heavyweight weapons only.

Neko :D

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Well, if you combined salmon run and really any other game mode it would be fun. And I totally agree with the splat your own teammates idea, that would be hilarious! But if you could damage your own teammates, it would probably be like 60% less damage done to them than if they were the enemy, just to make it a little easier for the younger group of splatoon users that have no idea what they're doing until they think back on it 5 years later and go, "Oh! they made that easier for me because I was only 7 years old." ....Realizations like that if anyone knows what I mean.........

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just got two new challenge ideas from the Clash thread.
  • Custom kit challenge but if you lose a match then you're locked out of ever playing that main weapon again
  • TC with only Clash Blaster but it can now one shot with the outside radius

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom