Most Unrealistic Challenge Ideas

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
Had a fun one earlier. Imagine if you had quite literally every AP possible - 57 Special Charge Up, Quick Respawn, Swim Speed Up etc. in addition to every single main-only ability like Ninja Squid, Comeback, Drop Roller etc. all at the same time regardless of what gear you actually are running.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Logically, I know it would suck really bad. But IN MY HEART. I wish there could be a challenge where they have enemy Octolings from the hero modes on the field. Either replacing teammates, or being just on the field and on no particular side... Would this be fun? Oh almost certainly not. However I also just want More of the enemy NPC Octolings </3

Yeenom

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
Story Mode Showdown - Zones - Scorch Gorge, Lemuria Hub

Hero Shot only with Little Buddy as a sub and vanilla Splashdown as a special, Gushers and Fuzzy Ooze have been added to the playable stages. Little Buddy acts as a Splatoon 1 Disruptor (Basically Toxic Mist but it stays for a bit even after leaving the zone). Gushers act the same as they did in Eeltail Alley Tricolor and Ooze is treated the same as jumping off the stage.

Definitely too much to add for just a little challenge but if similar mechanics are ever added it could be possible

Toastydew

Inkling
I think Splatzones and all auto bombs would be fun

maybe turf war reefsliders too

(I dont play challenges often, so idk if any of these are already in game lol)

Smash Arena

Inkster Jr.
Out Of Shape - All Inklings and Octolings have half the amount of HP they usually do, resulting in super quick splats. Respawn is also nearly instant though.

Oops! All Clash Blasters - Tower Control, but the Clash Blaster is the only weapon available.

Drop The Bass - Rainmaker, must use a weapon with Killer Wail, but all players have maximum Special Power Up and specials charge more quickly.

Hot Potato - Also Rainmaker, but the Rainmaker explodes in 30 seconds instead of 60 and it's explosion radius is much, much bigger.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Live disruption - Splat Zones, the map is covered in fog, but the entire UI aside from the zone counters is turned off.
You don't have access to the map, you don't know who's alive, you can't communicate, and you don't even know when you'll have your special.
It could be kind of fun but I guess this is mostly there to highlight just how important the ui is

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
Live disruption - Splat Zones, the map is covered in fog, but the entire UI aside from the zone counters is turned off.
You don't have access to the map, you don't know who's alive, you can't communicate, and you don't even know when you'll have your special.
It could be kind of fun but I guess this is mostly there to highlight just how important the ui is
is queueing with friends on VC acting against the spirit of the challenge or not

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
On a related note, I have an interesting take.
What if challenges were replaced by a custom kits mode in Splatoon 4? It seems like absolutely perfect middle ground for the custom kits debate; Nintendo still produces the mainstream weapon kits, however now they have a way of telling what combinations are most popular, and people who want the freedom of fully customized kits can enjoy them in a detached battle mode.

OCTöHEAD

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any
On a related note, I have an interesting take.
What if challenges were replaced by a custom kits mode in Splatoon 4? It seems like absolutely perfect middle ground for the custom kits debate; Nintendo still produces the mainstream weapon kits, however now they have a way of telling what combinations are most popular, and people who want the freedom of fully customized kits can enjoy them in a detached battle mode.
oooh combat evolved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom