• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA Splatfest: Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Early Bird or Night Owl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
This might actually be the first splatfest where two people like us can actually be on the same team! Also, why is there no join a friend mode? Seriously, why can't I just immediatly go to one of the squads my friend is playing in and join him/her?

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
This might actually be the first splatfest where two people like us can actually be on the same team! Also, why is there no join a friend mode? Seriously, why can't I just immediatly go to one of the squads my friend is playing in and join him/her?
I'm not sure how to take that :P

That's one thing I've never been able to understand either. You think they'd have made that a thing by now

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Doesn't your own rank/level have an impact on who ends up being in your turf war lobbies? Most of my TW lobbies are like the ones you described: mostly level 50s with the occasional lower level squidkid. But when I join up with people who are a different level/rank than I am, I've noticed that the rest of the people in the lobby also tend to be lower levels that what I usually see in TW. Granted, that's just my experience; I don't really know how TW matchmaking works.
Did I just hear someone asking for theories on Splatoon's matchmaking system?? :p

IMO the system tries to match you with your actual skill, not your rank or level. On my alt accounts, by the time I was level 4 and unranked it was throwing me against the level 50 high skill players. By the time I was level 11 and had a C- rank still most of my TW lobbies consisted of my usual A/A+/S/S+ players. it learned VERY fast my actual skill and matched me accordingly. Thus when you join lower skill players it's probably building lobbies based on those players measured skill, and there's a common thinking that "alts get matched with alts" (not because it knows they're alts but because it knows their skill.)

Which of course doesn't cover that the matchmaker is overwhelmingly outrageously horrible at measuring skill. It also doesn't explain splatfests where two teams have the same splatfest power and thus similar ranks and yet clearly demonstrate wildly different skill levels.

I was feeling morbid at work today and thought I would like to join Team Never Wake Up At All.
That's SOOOOO Marie!

Well, it looks like I won't be Splatfesting after all. A good friend died and the funeral is Saturday.

You guys better rep night owls for me!
"SyMag, DualQuelcher, CM2, and GG1ng3rGar1 like this"

Either you four are simply horrible, horrible people or this represents the problem with a 'like' button. :p

Sorry to hear that Tim! :(

Allowing allied players to wield voice/discord/PM chat to the detriment of unfair advantage? And you couldn't just swap teams like regular TW since you're assigned on different actual teams. So whoever was in a lobby against a team of friends would be at extreme disadvantage.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
That's SOOOOO Marie!

Either you four are simply horrible, horrible people or this represents the problem with a 'like' button. :p

I'm just liking this because I'm glad that other night owl people liked it and it showed that they're going to play for Tim when playing for the Night Owls. Don't know why SyMag liked it though.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I'm just liking this because I'm glad that other night owl people liked it and it showed that they're going to play for Tim when playing for the Night Owls. Don't know why SyMag liked it though.
Because there isn't a Sad reaction thing like there is on Facebook. I wasn't liking it in a sadistic way, believe me :(
Yeah, I just always get a laugh when someone has some horrible news and a site shows how many people like it! It's always an internet facepalm issue (Plus I know @SupaTim enough to know he'll appreciate the humor of it ;) )

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, as (bad) luck would have it, circumstances are such that I won't be moving for another week or so. I may be able to participate in this one after all. No doubt my skills are rusty as hell, however, so I get the feeling I'd be of more harm than help to the rest of you Night Owls. If that's the case, then I'm just gonna sit back and cheer from the sidelines.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

That was a problem with the like button XD I was mostly liking the 'rep Night Owl for me' part

And for @DualQuelcher , I might be a double agent. *shrug* But mostly Team Night Owl

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I thought I was done with these dumb videos for this topic, I guess not. You people are not listening to Sonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom