• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA Splatfest: Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Early Bird or Night Owl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
I love waking up early, so I picked Team Early Bird. Played a couple matches; 9 wins, 7 loses... Definitely not fun. Sometimes we were totally overpowered by the opposing team, other times I would join up with people who disconnected almost immediately.

I didn't get any mirror matches, but I DID get a lot of waiting instead. And I mean a LOT. Trying to find a third or fourth member quickly became a huge annoyance, the timer would sometimes go into the single digits before finding someone. Gonna go and assume Early Birds aren't popular...

Irrelevant to the Splatfest theme, but I really love the way Piranha Pits looks during dusk. It's honestly breathtaking....

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Nope, I gave up. I'll take my 10 or whatever snails you get for Champ. This is easily the absolute worst Splatfest I've ever taken part in. Getting 2 points per match is absolutely stupid. I went from 1720 all the way down to freaking 1580, because I could not get paired with a competent team to save my life. Topped the board as an Eliter several times. I had a better chance at jumping off a roof and flying than I did getting a team worth a damn.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Yeah it did
Team fancyy y'all

So um I guess it's safe to say that nobody liked this Splatfest?
Well, no, but who likes doing chores anyway? They're something you just have to suck it up and finish because it benefits you later. For what it's worth only the last 30 points were actually frustrating for me; up until that point I was with a very competent team of low range shooters including a sploosh that refused to die and an Octoshot.

I'd have had way more fun playing Kelp or Camp though, considering I recently picked up the heavy and wanted to play this splatfest with the Remix.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I'm getting pretty sick of this Splatfest. Sofar it's been an abysmal 3 wins and 26 losses for me. And most of these matches finished 15% to 60%.

Emotionally it's pretty devastating for me; no matter what I do the match is a disaster. I feel like I'm a total failure now.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Irrelevant to the Splatfest theme, but I really love the way Piranha Pits looks during dusk. It's honestly breathtaking....
And the little volcanoes in Mahi Mahi. And the fireworks in all three.

Emotionally it's pretty devastating for me; no matter what I do the match is a disaster. I feel like I'm a total failure now.
Yeah, this splatfest is making me feel like whatever skill I thought i possessed at this game was a lie. I should go back to C- where I belong. ;_;

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
And the little volcanoes in Mahi Mahi. And the fireworks in all three.

Yeah, this splatfest is making me feel like whatever skill I thought i possessed at this game was a lie. I should go back to C- where I belong. ;_;
I'm liking the first comment.
Also, here is something to brighten the mood if you're a smash player because at this point I think people are done talking about splatfest and using this thread for anything but saying how bad it is, and I completely agree:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...mago-haitani-kazunoko-mew2king-mr-r-and-more/

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Oh, a general question, while it's still in my head - do we know how the 'ranking' at the end of a match is ordered during Splatfests? Like, in TW, it's just in the order of who inked the most points; and in Ranked, it's who won the greatest number of battles out of their last 10. Is it also points in Splatfests? It's hard to tell, of course, since they're inexplicably not displayed. I guess that's because the space is taken up by the Splatfest titles, but I'd rather they did something to make total turf inked be visible.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Okay, just started playing.
First match: Mirror. I lost .-.
I think I might rank up from Fangirl and try out the alt.
I'm also playing wth A ranks, seeing that I recently ranked up to A-. Im used to playing with Bs.
EDIT: just had my first battle with the Early Birds and won. Feeling good about that.

Last edited:

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Early Birder here.
Began in the afternoon.

I got to King and was sub-1400, so I kept playing until 1406. Then decided to keep playing more and gave up trying to get above 1406. No mirror matches.

So according to Splatfest Power, I ended 50-50%.

I anticipate Night Owls will win Popularity by a large amount, and will win Wins by a smaller amount.

:(

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Early Birder here.
Began in the afternoon.

I got to King and was sub-1400, so I kept playing until 1406. Then decided to keep playing more and gave up trying to get above 1406. No mirror matches.

So according to Splatfest Power, I ended 50-50%.

I anticipate Night Owls will win Popularity by a large amount, and will win Wins by a smaller amount.

:(
What
I have been fighting Mirrors the whole
Time
Although the one time I faced Early Birds I won

Nintendo really should've made this worldwide

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm getting pretty sick of this Splatfest. Sofar it's been an abysmal 3 wins and 26 losses for me. And most of these matches finished 15% to 60%.

I'm terribly sorry you feel that way after playing. I know the feeling from two Splatfests ago. I won so few games that the slog to royalty was a royal pain, I felt like I just sucked at the game, and wondered if I should even try playing anymore. In the higher ranks, Splatfest is purely competitive, if you can't get a bunch of kills, you and your team will likely suffer for it.

I got to defender last night and just quit before I got too frustrated. I played fairly well, but the enemy teams always outplayed my teams at every chance they got. I would find it hard to believe you are a failure in the game, so don't let a bad Splatfest make you think you are.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
I got to defender last night and just quit before I got too frustrated. I played fairly well, but the enemy teams always outplayed my teams at every chance they got. I would find it hard to believe you are a failure in the game, so don't let a bad Splatfest make you think you are.
Words to live by the next Splatfest.
EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I did not see the last comment until I posted this one.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I find it amazing how so many people are not enjoying this splatfest. But as posted earlier I did not have much fun. When I manage to go without any deaths, double digit splats, and ink 1490 and we still lose...yeah...calling it quits. I ended at the same splat power I started with.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
I find it amazing how so many people are not enjoying this splatfest. But as posted earlier I did not have much fun. When I manage to go without any deaths, double digit splats, and ink 1490 and we still lose...yeah...calling it quits. I ended at the same splat power I started with.
So Splat power is dependent on rank? So if you're an S+ do you start at 1700? I start at 1600 but I'm an S. I actually did not know this, I thought everyone started at 1600.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
My main account is Early Bird. I had more losses than wins.

My alt account is Night Owl. I haven't won ONE game.

So yeah, this will be my last Splatfest. I've been having anything but fun, and this is making me seriously consider an unwise venture in which I teach my Wii U to fly by throwing it out a window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom