• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA Splatfest: Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl?

Early Bird or Night Owl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Now I remember why after I get Queen I quit. Because geez is splatfest not only boring, but the more I play, the less skilled my teammates happen to get. I know I screw up here and there, but then the fact how how I get splatted by some of the most ridiculous things, is annoying.

It wasn't as bad as the last splatfest, but this one I had stayed with 3 different groups I had fun with so it's whatever. Only notable thing I can say I found funny was on Mahi, me and a teammate went to hop over the platforms, bumped into each other, and splatted ourselves. When we respawned we just sat there for a bit, looked at each other, then continued playing.

I honestly don't believe Night Owl has a chance of winning as for the past few hours, any Early Birds I went against 70% of the matches I lost. Then again, I've been wrong the past two times so.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Five hours. Five LONG, PAINFUL hours. And I'm STILL not a King yet. And another thing: why do the Night Owls haVE ALL THE S+ PLAYERS?! IT'S BULL****! I blocked them just to get away from them and I STILL run into them! I am so unbelievably IRATE right now that words can't describe my level of hatred for certain players on this site and for Splatfest.

After/If I reach King, I am done with Splatfests. I don't need this in my life. Early Birds, we are royally f***ed.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
Five hours. Five LONG, PAINFUL hours. And I'm STILL not a King yet. And another thing: why do the Night Owls haVE ALL THE S+ PLAYERS?! IT'S BULL****! I blocked them just to get away from them and I STILL run into them! I am so unbelievably IRATE right now that words can't describe my level of hatred for certain players on this site and for Splatfest.

After/If I reach King, I am done with Splatfests. I don't need this in my life. Early Birds, we are royally f***ed.
This is royally true, but I've actually won my fair share with a broken gamepad so we might have a chance if the good players are in mirror matches.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
  • Quite a number of Night Owls enjoy dynamos
God tell me about it. No joke, it was Night vs. Night and I was against two regular Dynamo, a tempered Dynamo, and a carbon. We were completely and utterly demolished by OHKOs and a thousand echolocators. It was NOT fun standing on those Hammerhead walkways while seekers came marching up the path from mid.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'd choose early bird like I stated earlier but it seems they're having a miserable time so I'll go night owl when I can play later tonight

I can't play for a while though so I probably won't be able to rank up more than once at most

Dynamite

Inkling
NNID
DynoDuck
This was the easiest choice to make for a Splatfest. I'm a 100% night owl. I really dislike having to get up at the crack of dawn for anything, and I usually don't go to sleep until 2 to 5am...!

I started playing around 2am and I didn't reach King until about 6am. I decided to keep a tally for this Splatfest because why not? I went 21/42 in wins (and losses obviously) with my main weapon the Tri-Slosher. Out of those 42 matches I had 28 mirror matches! Obviously this happened because most of the people who chose Team Early Birds were still asleep while I was playing. =) I didn't keep track of the amount of wins I had against Team Early Birds, but I think my win record against them was pretty even.

Overall this Splatfest was a mixed bag performance wise, but I still had fun. I started out strong, got sloppy during the middle, and picked up the pace before hitting King. My biggest winning streak was 5 games and my biggest losing streak was 7 games. Piranha Pit was my best stage, Mahi-Mahi Resort was my worst, and Hammer Head Bridge was the most picked. I don't know what was wrong with me with Mahi-Mahi Resort, but I killed myself so many times there...

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
KING!!! I was able to get a team that I stuck with and we won 8+ matches in a row. I even stuck with them after I became a King because it was actually the first time I was having fun during the Splatfest.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
I hit Early Bird Queen a lot quicker then I thought I would.
Had a really good run this time, regular matches heavily outweighed the dcs and my teams were consistent in Night Owl combat. I don't think I'll be playing again though, Splatfests are a real chore. v_v

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I'm sorry but Team Early Bird is just... bad. Mostly every team I've been on has lost and I don't see it getting better. This Splatfest has proved to me that I suck at this game and don't belong at S. I'm done.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
I ended up getting King a little over 3 hours after it started. I probably would have been able to do it faster if my stroke of bad luck at the beginning didn't send me into a downward spiral of getting matched with S-ranks. But overall, it wasn't that bad I guess. From what I'm hearing, I can't say for sure who will win. And if night owls do break the less-popular-by-a-wide-margin-team-always-wins curse, I won't even be mad.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I can't help but feel Night Owl is made up of 89% children 11% people that have at least a small idea of what the hell they're doing. This is easily one of the worst splatfests I've had the misfortune of being a part of. I don't care about the number of snails, or even losing, but this is freaking atrocious. Doesn't help that 80% of my games have been mirror matches.

I shouldn't have ever picked this stupid game back up.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I ended up getting King a little over 3 hours after it started. I probably would have been able to do it faster if my stroke of bad luck at the beginning didn't send me into a downward spiral of getting matched with S-ranks. But overall, it wasn't that bad I guess. From what I'm hearing, I can't say for sure who will win. And if night owls do break the less-popular-by-a-wide-margin-team-always-wins curse, I won't even be mad.
Didn't the most popular team win last splatfest though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom