• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

NA Splatfest: Hot Dog vs. Marshmallow

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, that was something.

Updated my scorecard with the results. From what the data tells me, if Hot Dogs had 54% wins instead of what we got we might have won. At least it wasn't 58% with the old system.

In any case, I'll be sure to grab my snails come the morning.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Very Surprised Hot Dogs had more wins. But good job Marshies and good job doggies for putting up the good fight!

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Wish there was a way to datamine for alternative winning/losing Splatfest quotes.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
At the beginning, I never expected team Marshmallow to win, but near the end they started bring it back. So I'm getting tons of losses on team Marshmallow, then it suddenly turns around and I'm getting wins outta nowhere. I definitely expected Marshmallows to lose in how many wins there are, but I guess I was proved wrong when we won by the sheer amount of popularity.

I think the system could be better, but since I got a lot of Super Sea Snails, I won't complain as much.

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
After going on a 30+ win streak I was sure we had more wins, but I digress. I'm just happy that my team won splatfest for the first time.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
That ending was so close! I was so glad my team won. Those extra Magical Sea Snails are going to great use :D

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Yay marshmallows! Also, I was on team marshmallows and half the time I played against guys who were on the same team. It was really weird.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Yay marshmallows! Also, I was on team marshmallows and half the time I played against guys who were on the same team. It was really weird.
It was the same for me. Thats definitely an improvement on the old system though where if they couldnt find enough players they would just make it a 3v4 or 2v4.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Like above posters this is my 3rd time being on the losing team for splatfests. If I'm on the losing team for the next one then I'm going to try and be on the losing team. Theres gotta be a reward hidden somewhere for losing all splatfests...

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Funny enough i was going to pick team Hotdog but Callie was on team Marshmallow so i sided with her.

Thank you Based Callie!!!

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
This sucks i'm 0-3 I keep losing because i don't pick the popular choice. I'm just gonna pick what is popular from now on.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
This sucks i'm 0-3 I keep losing because i don't pick the popular choice. I'm just gonna pick what is popular from now on.
Another lesson well learned. Remember what splatfest teaches us about life people: it doesn't matter how good you are it is what is popular that counts the most.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Another lesson well learned. Remember what splatfest teaches us about life people: it doesn't matter how good you are it is what is popular that counts the most.
I guess so i played so well yesterday i don't even feel like playing today now lol. Nothing but losses on splatfest sucks man.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Lessons Splatoon has taught me: No matter how good or talented you are in life it means jack if you aren't popular enough.
Roller Coasters won despite not being the most popular. Don't worry. It is possible but you need a split that is close enough.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Roller Coasters won despite not being the most popular. Don't worry. It is possible but you need a split that is close enough.
Roller Coaster vs Water Slide was closer because both are incredibly fun and people enjoy both and that made it harder to predict which would be the most popular. Which I think may be why that was the most fun of the three splatfests so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom