• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

NA Splatfest: Hot Dog vs. Marshmallow

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I'd love to eventually rise to marshmallow king, but I've been disconnected from matches literally 8 times in a row now. I'm assuming it's something on my end, but I was playing perfectly fine this morning. If I can't get to king rank by midnight due to connection problems, I'm gonna be sad that I can't truly rep my puff-ness.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
I'd love to eventually rise to marshmallow king, but I've been disconnected from matches literally 8 times in a row now. I'm assuming it's something on my end, but I was playing perfectly fine this morning. If I can't get to king rank by midnight due to connection problems, I'm gonna be sad that I can't truly rep my puff-ness.
I keep getting disconnected too, it might have to do with server issues due to not being able to find matches.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Just got marshmallow king rank but I got that rank fighting more marshmallow teams than I did hotdogs so it feels weird. Oh well I get them snails that is all that matters.

Cola

Inkling
NNID
Cola64
I hit Marshmallow Queen rank and played with a few great teams. Too bad I can't contact one of the people I played with because a connection error kicked us out of a lobby and now he's not showing up in my recent players.

On top of that I recorded about 3 hours of Splatfest footage with my capture card but everything past the first 40ish minutes somehow got corrupted. To give you an idea of how much I lost, the corruption started at the beginning of Level 26 and I stopped playing right after hitting level 27.

I may have claimed victory in most of my battles, but it feels like I've lost.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Didn't see a lot of Team Hotdog out there today. Running scared?

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my A game to this Splatfest. Usually I have +20 or so vibe at the end of a Splatfest day, but today, ended with +10. Sorry, Team Marshmallow, I've let you down.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
It seems team marshmallow greatly outnumbers team hotdog at this point.
I voted hot dog and got to queen. Marshmallows are nice but they truly shine to me in a smore. Hot dogs I like without anything else

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
In the first two splatfests I was able to make it to king status asap. This splatfest however I was busy most of the time so I was only able to make it to hotdog champion. Won nearly all my matches just like before so hopefully I did enough for our team to win!

Here's one example of us melting some marshmallows...

We may be wieners but at least we're not as soft huh har ha....

Attachments

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
It seems Team Marshies won : o
seriously? Ughhh....this is the 3rd time I've chosen the losing team Q~Q. Although cats really and truthfully won the first splatfest! Bah, did hotdogs at least have more wins?

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Yay, congrats to Hot Dogs for winning more matches though. It seems even with the win multiplayer now being 4x we still had an overwhelming enough popularity compared to Hot Dogs to still win.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Well Marshmallows won, so this means I won my first Splatfest! I had no idea Marshmallows would be the more popular choice, but I won't complain! Anyways, go Team Mallow!

Last edited:

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
seriously? Ughhh....this is the 3rd time I've chosen the losing team Q~Q. Although cats really and truthfully won the first splatfest! Bah, did hotdogs at least have more wins?
Yeah the popularity margin was wayyy too big; even more then cats vs dogs?

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Haha, three times in a row I pick the team with the most wins but this time lose again to popularity :(

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Went with a team with less popularity but more wins (cats), less popularity and more wins and actually won (Coasters with the Mosters) and more popularity but less wins but still won (Marshmallows). Now all I need is to be on team popularity and wins and less popularity and less wins (hopefully never) to possibly get all the combinations.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
First loss on splatfest. I kinda knew that marshmallow was going by popularity but I am happy that we won more matches. I will enjoy my roasted hot dogs and my sea snails. :)

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
That popularity margin was just huge... Oh well, congrats Marshmellows!

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Yay, marshmallows won, by sheer numbers lmao

Good games, hot dogs

I think I'll go out and buy a bag of marshmallows tomorrow in celebration

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom