• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Omg omg omg POKEMON BLUE!!

Opening that game cartridge that Christmas morning is still one of the happiest childhood memories I've ever had!

I was 9 years old, best Splatfest ever.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Of course Splatoon is the one fandom where Charizard fanboys don't live.
Pokemon Blue, because Squirtle.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
If anyone is wondering, here is a list of the exclusives for each game. http://www.serebii.net/rb/exclusives.shtml

Not really much different between the two games, but this well be a fun splatfest nevertheless. Chose Blue because of Meowth, Vulpix, and Pinsir, as well as the fact that a turtle with cannons on it's back (despite the fact it never uses them to attack) is cooler than a generic dragon. The ink color is nice too.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm getting worried that blue is becoming more popular now lol.
Don't worry, sometimes the one people on squid boards like more isn't the one a majority of splatoon player. Assuming most people who play Splatoon are 8-13, I still feel like most people in that age range would chose red just because the picture is a dragon

themetromermaid

Inkling
NNID
urban-mermaid
No contest, I bought Blue and have always been Blue. SO HYPE!! This is my first Splatfest with my Dynamo, as well.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Don't worry, sometimes the one people on squid boards like more isn't the one a majority of splatoon player.
Isn't that what happened with the last Splatfest? At least, I seem to remember the poll showing Team Past had the board's vote.

*goes to czech*

Yep, 50-40 in the Past's favor.
Although, Team Nice and Team Pizza were also the popular picks around here, and we all know how that went. So Team Past could very well have been an exception.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I'd like to note that the votes in this thread are coming from NA AND EU Inklings.
You know what, I can't actually say which team is more popular when I look at my plaza because I'll have no idea where these Inklings come from. They can be from Europe/Australia or from America. I have to go into the Splatoon-Europe-Miiverse to check this out.
The same feeling I get here.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
This is hard. I had red and my brother had blue growing up. But, that in itself was weird as my favorite color was blue and his was red. I went to Duke (blue) and he went to NC. State (red). And we both picked bulbasaur on our first playthrough.

Man, that was a good summer...

I'm really tempted to go Red because it was my first pokemon game, but I want those 6 extra snails...

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Its going to be interesting to see how the popularity ratio is split on this one. I'm hoping for more of a 60-40 split for the fun of it. 50/50 would be also welcomed.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
What??? How is blue so much more popular than red?? Damn. Judging from NA's splatfest history, I thought surely Charizard, one of the most iconic Pokemon, would win by miles in regard to popularity.

Well, now I can only hope that NA will stray from the previous trend.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
What??? How is blue so much more popular than red?? Damn. Judging from NA's splatfest history, I thought surely Charizard, one of the most iconic Pokemon, would win by miles in regard to popularity.

Well, now I can only hope that NA will stray from the previous trend.
This is just the squidboards poll, which represents a small portion of the people who play Splatoon. Also, I think the average age for Squidboards members is a bit higher than the average age of splatoon members, and I think Charizard appeals more to younger players.
Blastoise literally has Hydro Cannon as a move.
Blastoise attack animations (at least in gen 6) seem to have it shoot water out of it's mouth rather than from the cannons. Probably because it was too hard/the developers were too lazy to make it look like it shoots out of the cannons.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well, in spite of Callie's win streak, Marie expected to break the streak, Red being popular, or Blue being surprisingly popular—I asked friends who are/were into Pokemon but have no WiiU. I'll be on team blue.

Maybe I'll call myself Caboose. I'll do my best to help and ensure we'll all be bffs team blue! (Shame there is no friendly fire option.) =)

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Partially to be a ****, partially because I'm technically a liar by joining Team Blue, partly because Ink Resistance is always a plus, but I'm compelled to wear my Red Chucks for the Splatfest. Now if only there were a red hat to match...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom