New Splatfest! Pokemon Red v. Blue! Which Side Will You Choose?

Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

• Total voters

Pm460

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SoulSilver360
Pokemon Fire Red was my first gen game. So I'm definitely going for Team Red.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
One thing from Miiverse posts, older gamers see the real point: Pokemon Red (TM) v Pokemon Blue (TM), but younger players see it as "color red v color blue", "fire v. water" or "charizard v. blastoise"

So when determining the most popular keep these in mind.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
One thing from Miiverse posts, older gamers see the real point: Pokemon Red (TM) v Pokemon Blue (TM), but younger players see it as "color red v color blue", "fire v. water" or "charizard v. blastoise"

TBH I've only played pokemon Yellow so idk I just chose blue because better color, squirtle and the evolutions and vulpix yes

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas

When determining what's popular, people put Charizard > Blastoise, Fire > Water, and Red > Blue.
That's why Red was more popular than Blue to begin with.

Don't forget that Charizard is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl AND Super Smash Bros. For Wii U. Blastoise isn't.

Award

When determining what's popular, people put Charizard > Blastoise, Fire > Water, and Red > Blue.
That's why Red was more popular than Blue to begin with.

Don't forget that Charizard is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl AND Super Smash Bros. For Wii U. Blastoise isn't.
Could this be Team Marie's big moment? :p

Senpai

Inkster Jr.
NNID
luigi8623
I'm going for team red because of two reasons.
1) Slight possibility of red ink
2) The Charizard Splatfest tee looks amazing

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Could this be Team Marie's big moment? :p
I think Marie can finally win another Splatfest. This is her best chance since Team Science.

Edit: To be honest when I saw that you quoted my post I was afraid you'd write about 4 paragraphs on my post, somehow.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If past Splatfests are any indication, then Team Red's ink color will be a similar shade of pink to that which Team Autobot and Team Naughty had.

Gonna be quite honest, it still irks me that they're averse to using actual red ink. It's not like the game's gonna become all grimdark just because the squiddos would burst into a red puddle.
(Plus, if that were the case, then it's already grimdark on account of squid blood being blue-ish to begin with.)
I realize it's a really minor thing, but still...

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
If past Splatfests are any indication, then Team Red's ink color will be a similar shade of pink to that which Team Autobot and Team Naughty had.

Gonna be quite honest, it still irks me that they're averse to using actual red ink. It's not like the game's gonna become all grimdark just because the squiddos would burst into a red puddle.
(Plus, if that were the case, then it's already grimdark on account of squid blood being blue-ish to begin with.)
It's probably to avoid a T or M rating. Even though we all know it's ink, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility for the Moral Police to say "look at all the blood in this game!" Nintendo probably doesn't want to open that Pandora's Box.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
It's probably to avoid a T or M rating. Even though we all know it's ink, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility for the Moral Police to say "look at all the blood in this game!" Nintendo probably doesn't want to open that Pandora's Box.
Though I do find it more amusing when you consider that octopi and squids have blue blood.

Award

Yeah, kids might already be scared about their character violently exploding into liquid and screaming when shot. Make it red, have some kid see iaying somewhere, and kids & parents will be terrified. It's not necessary.

But worse, the ESRB would almost certainly take note and raise complaint. T & M ratings are poison for Nintendo. No doubt they cringed when Twilight Princess was rated T. "Animated Blood" was one of the cited qualifiers. Blood is often a qualifier for ESRB ratings. Nintendo's business depends on core franchises avoiding non-E ratings.

Also note that the ESRB is an industry group made up of key industry players including Nintendo itself. That means Nintendo's competitors wield most power at ESRB, and they'd very much like to use ratings as a weapon against Nintendo if they can find some justifiable way to do so.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Yeah, kids might already be scared about their character violently exploding into liquid and screaming when shot. Make it red, have some kid see iaying somewhere, and kids & parents will be terrified. It's not necessary.

But worse, the ESRB would almost certainly take note and raise complaint. T & M ratings are poison for Nintendo. No doubt they cringed when Twilight Princess was rated T. "Animated Blood" was one of the cited qualifiers. Blood is often a qualifier for ESRB ratings. Nintendo's business depends on core franchises avoiding non-E ratings.

Also note that the ESRB is an industry group made up of key industry players including Nintendo itself. That means Nintendo's competitors wield most power at ESRB, and they'd very much like to use ratings as a weapon against Nintendo if they can find some justifiable way to do so.
I've played through Twilight Princess like 3-4 times and I don't remember ever even seeing blood at all =/

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Does anyone have good data on which sold more? Pokemon Red or Pokemon Blue?

It doesn't matter to me now since I already chose Pokemon Blue but I am curious.

zzrrdd

Inkling
NNID
zzrrdd1308
Honestly, I'm too young to have played either red or blue, but I've played Pokemon since I was seven and always loved fire types so red was naturally the desirable choice.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Honestly, I'm too young to have played either red or blue, but I've played Pokemon since I was seven and always loved fire types so red was naturally the desirable choice.
I knew Bowser Jr. fans weren't truly for the cause!

You gotta side with BLASTOISE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom