Next Worldwide & FINAL Splatfest CALLIE VS MARIE!!!

Splatfest stage voting poll

• Arowana Mall

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Port Mackerel

• Kelp Dome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

• Moray Towers

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Camp Triggerfish

• Flounder Heights

• Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Museum D'Alfonsino

• Mahi-Mahi Resort

• Piranha Pit

• Ancho-V Games

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Okay, in many ways that is a better announcement, but I still found the American announcement hilarious and it cracked me up due to Marie.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Yeah, they're pretty terrible, and kinda make the characters somewhat dislikable (for me, at least).

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Cannot... overstate... my distaste for the US translations...
Eh, I mean I feel like it does better in terms of the UI and Octavio, but I can see why people wouldn't like how the Splatfest announcements turn out in the US.

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Cannot... overstate... my distaste for the US translations...
Most EU translations go like this:

Callie: Gimme a strategy
Marie: Ehm, yeah I dunno

Some (Mostly the newer ones) are pure gold though, like this one

Callie: What do I and Kelp Dome have in common?
Marie: You're both sweaty and full of food?

And its partner convo

Callie: What do I and Bluefin Depot have in common?
Marie: When it comes to Turf War, you're both pretty rusty,

I like the US translations better, because they convey the 80/90's theme better.
Spike for example, says "Hey there" and "So, what'll it be" and the only slang he uses is "Crazy fresh" and "ya" in Europe, while US starts crazy fresh with "'s happening mate"

Same with Booyah/Yeah and even the Vibe Meter (On Fire!! vs SO HAWT)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Eh, I mean I feel like it does better in terms of the UI and Octavio, but I can see why people wouldn't like how the Splatfest announcements turn out in the US.
Just took a look at Octavio's US lines, and... no... I'm not a fan of those, either. He's, like, 130 years old - sounding like a pompous cartoon villain fits him much better than an angry, uh, DJ. Not sure what you're referring to in the UI - the only difference I know of is "Yeah!"/"Booyah!" and "To me!"/"C'mon!", and, at least in the latter case, I know that there's a lot of confusion due to the US version due to it not really meaning what it's supposed to at all.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Just took a look at Octavio's US lines, and... no... I'm not a fan of those, either. He's, like, 130 years old - sounding like a pompous cartoon villain fits him much better than an angry, uh, DJ.
Well, DJ is in the name and his weapon very much DJ-designed, so it's not like it's unwarranted. And it's not like the EU doesn't have any hints at it whatsoever, I just personally feel like it's downplayed too much.
Not sure what you're referring to in the UI - the only difference I know of is "Yeah!"/"Booyah!" and "To me!"/"C'mon!", and, at least in the latter case, I know that there's a lot of confusion due to the US version due to it not really meaning what it's supposed to at all.
I'm referring to the text that describe that your team has the Ranked objective. Those are a lot wordier in the EU version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom