• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Octo Expansion Spoiler Discussion Thread

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I have to say, that I myself aren't a huge fan of the Octolings either. It's not their appearance. My main gripe with them is their voice. It's so low, and mumbled. You can barely hear them. Well compared to the Inklings, they're super quiet. I switch to the Octoling girl every now and then, but I always find myself switching right back to my Inkling after a bit.

During SR, if I didn't pay attention to our team icons most of the time, with all the carnage going on, I'd barely notice they were down because their "Ouch" isn't audible enough for me to really hear.

Cephalobro

I actually like the Octolings, they seem to have a more calm personality compared to the Inklings' hyper personality when it comes to their animations.

SuperSquidBagel

Inkling
I've been wondering what you get for defeating agent 3 the second time, because I didn't want to go through the hassle of completing the fight if I don't get anything for it.

Cephalobro

Finally beat Inner Agent 3! That battle was super challenging. For beating him/her, you get a headgear called Golden Toothpick. One thing that battle teaches you is that you should always have a lot of ink on the ground so that you can escape barrages of Autobombs that he/she throws at you.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I just started yesterday, I gotten all 4 thangs and have a good number of the mem cakes,

Could I get some advice for the grey yr destroy all boxes I am always 3 off from destroying them all and it is so far the only one i have failed at.

Cephalobro

I just started yesterday, I gotten all 4 thangs and have a good number of the mem cakes,

Could I get some advice for the grey yr destroy all boxes I am always 3 off from destroying them all and it is so far the only one i have failed at.
What's the name of the Station that you're describing? There are quite a few that has the "Destroy the boxes" objective.

zeroxros7

Inkling
NNID
zeroxros7
Switch Friend Code
SW-7108-5441-6909
I'm pretty sure completing every stage with every weapon is just bragging rights (which is exactly why I plan on doing it). The Null armour is just by completing the stage once, but each stage on a specific line. Put it this way, I have all the clothing and beat Agent 3 and I haven't finished every weapon yet.
Would you be willing to post confirmation of that after you have beaten every stage with every weapon?

Cephalobro

I wonder if Salmonids are now aggressive toward the Octarians in general? It would make sense since Octolings are now splatting Salmonids for their eggs just like Inklings were doing for a while now.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Just beat the DLC today. As I said back when this was announced, I'm actually glad that Ninty managed to BTFO me in regards to the Octolings being playable.

This DLC was great fun and I'm glad I bought it. Some stages were incredibly annoying to beat though
(*cough* 8-ball stages *cough*). The final act was also frustratingly tough, it makes me unsure if I want to go back and beat it 100% now that I have the Octo Shot Replica. But I did really enjoy the extra lore we got, especially Cuttlefish's first name (always loved the name Craig) and the return of Agent 3!

And as I promised myself: now the DLC is out, I'll be back to playing more Splatoon and back on here too, I'll have to try out the new weapons and my beloved Octo Shot Replica offline in the meantime.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to the corner of my bedroom to cry about Lyn not being playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
That rematch with agent 3 was nothing but annoying. And that splashdown radius? What was that? Literally I beat it by dumbing it down and just constantly shooting while walking. There's hard, than there's annoying. Course one of the phases would be Autobomb rush.
Ugh, tell me about it... Twice that Splashdown killed me when I was clearly out of its radius... maybe more. And warning to everyone: I'm pretty sure Nintendo did an overhaul on the radius of Splashdowns AND Auto Bombs in this fight, I couldn't tell you how many times an out-of-range Auto Bomb still killed me. I don't rage that easily, but I could feel myself wanting to snap my controller in half trying to beat the inner Agent 3.

Also I can agree with @ϛ(°³°)/`. I 100% every level with every weapon before I got the final thang (You would think I hate myself for doing that but I surprisingly don't and I still have my soul) and from what I can tell, there's no special award for doing so. I do think it's purely bragging rights.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I don't know~~~...

Completely 100% (1,000%?) the DLC in one run while on heavy medication for some mild surgery (nothing terrible)—but I can't tell if the sidestory content was all trippy asf or the medication was adding to it! @_@ I'm so grateful I did while avoiding spoilers jerks kept putting up within the first hour of release.

Oh but it was all a challenge, don't ever get that wrong no matter what anyone else wants to say or you see from some video, indeed. Though some tests I find questionable how I passed them without a clear head, especially the ones with multiple weapons. I think I got through most of it by picking up on patterns then zoning in on them. Along with the occasional shortcutting philosophy of "why do all these obstacles to press the button way over there, when I can just take off my shoe and throw it at the button?"

Be a while before I can finally use my octos because I'm going to rest and play something else for a bit til Splatfest, but I did play around with them in the shops trying on clothes! ♥

Anyone want to compare notes and tips on dealing with certain stages?

Cephalobro

Now trying to 100% Octo Expansion by using all the weapons that the stage allows. And man, Bamboozlers and Ride Rails are a bad combination.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Holy crap, screw the level where you ride the rails and shoot boxes with the bamboozler. I'm raging at this one. The other 2 weapons weren't that difficult but the bamboozler is screwing me
Now trying to 100% Octo Expansion by using all the weapons that the stage allows. And man, Bamboozlers and Ride Rails are a bad combination.
You'd think being a bamboozler fan it'd be easy for me... ¬¬;

Well... sorta? I kept choking after the halfway point. And it's almost always that section when you come out of the fence and next have to hit then avoid the two back-and-forth octowashers, hit the big target and finally jump to another line. All in quick succession That sequence!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But yeah, if you're not use to the bamboozler's quirks, that test will teach you the hard way how to aim that thing without a reticule! Especially to quickly hit the stacked boxes. @_@

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
You'd think being a bamboozler fan it'd be easy for me... ¬¬;

Well... sorta? I kept choking after the halfway point. And it's almost always that section when you come out of the fence and next have to hit then avoid the two back-and-forth octowashers, hit the big target and finally jump to another line. All in quick succession That sequence!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But yeah, if you're not use to the bamboozler's quirks, that test will teach you the hard way how to aim that thing without a reticule! Especially to quickly hit the stacked boxes. @_@
Yah, those two moving blocks in quick succession is really the one part of the level that trips me up the most. Gotta lead where the boxes will be and hope you were on mark.

Vyvoro

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2663-8035-2619
Do i have to mention level JO2 with the rapid blaster (I did it finally)
and i wish for defeting agent 3's rematch you could get his cape that would of been cool

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Also I can agree with @ϛ(°³°)/`. I 100% every level with every weapon before I got the final thang (You would think I hate myself for doing that but I surprisingly don't and I still have my soul) and from what I can tell, there's no special award for doing so. I do think it's purely bragging rights.
More than being bragging rights, I assume the developers included multiple weapons to either make some hard stages easier, or some easy stages more fun. For example those balloon stages are easy with a Jet because it takes one hit to pop (unless falloff damage comes into play).

Do i have to mention level JO2 with the rapid blaster (I did it finally)
and i wish for defeting agent 3's rematch you could get his cape that would of been cool
I've always wanted customizable ink tanks, and implementing this feature would allow them to add the cape as a cosmetic unlock. That being said, there'd still have to be an easy way to see your ink tank and measure your ink remaining. -not so much for yourself, but I can absolutely see people getting irate and causing a stink because the cape "Hides the enemy tank and gives them an unfair advantage for DLC buyers" or some other related garbage.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I've always wanted customizable ink tanks, and implementing this feature would allow them to add the cape as a cosmetic unlock. That being said, there'd still have to be an easy way to see your ink tank and measure your ink remaining. -not so much for yourself, but I can absolutely see people getting irate and causing a stink because the cape "Hides the enemy tank and gives them an unfair advantage for DLC buyers" or some other related garbage.
Or it's a disadvantage because you technically can be seen easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom