• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Expansion Spoiler Discussion Thread

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Well just finished the actual story of it. I decided to just do if after I got all the 4 Thangs on my way to complete 100%. Finished all the champers in Lines A-H with all weapon options. Still need to finish up I and J.

But boi, the final portion of the campaign is just perfect. The game went full on Portal, both in looks and the gameplay being kicked up a notch. Then the Agent 3 fight, then the true final boss.

I cannot stress how much I love the final act of this.

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
That rematch with agent 3 was nothing but annoying. And that splashdown radius? What was that? Literally I beat it by dumbing it down and just constantly shooting while walking. There's hard, than there's annoying. Course one of the phases would be Autobomb rush.

But I 100% the expansion in one playthrough and it was well worth the wait. Loved the baller challenges, the ones where I could choose to use just bombs, and the match the shape one. The 8 ball and rail ones were the bane to my existence. And the last portion was so..bleck. But overall the experience was great. Got to learn a bit more about Pearl and Marina.

It was just amazing. Not to mention, gives you reason to play more. To either complete all challenges with all available weapons, and also to get chunks, tickets and stuff from the vending machine. Least I have something to grind when Salmon Run is closed.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
There was a lot to like in this expansion - well worth the time and money. I still have to beat every stage on every weapon, but I've finished the final battle with Agent 3. ...after like 30 tries. It was a pain in the butt, I've never been good with the vanilla splattershot.

The highlights of this expansion, in my opinion and no particular order:

- More background lore on Octarians and Marina
- New cosmetic clothing that I can mess around with, and mostly ** at that so it's easy to upgrade. Best of all, a skill-based unlock in the Gold Toothpick and it doesn't have a garbage ability.
- A significantly more challenging single player game mode. Not impossible, but substantially harder and more creative than the on-disk campaign.
- Nasty Majesty actually played a role in the story and wasn't just a song they used in the teaser trailer
- You got to see the development of the Octoshot's kit, starting with the Splat Bomb, then the main weapon, then the Inkjet, all while making the process enjoyable
- After the whole "Gather the thangs" mission, the DLC still had a plot to follow, which surprised me!
- The main plot ending with a world-saving Turf War and and the return of the Killer Wail
- The return of Agent 3
- The return of the unedited Calamari Inkantation, used in a massive buildup just like the final Splatfest of Splatoon 1.
- This hair:

Last edited:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Just finished all the stages 100% including alternate weapon selections (and of course all the missing stages I had in Line I and J had 3 options...) and beat the Agent 3 rematch.

The Agent 3 match is certainly annoying, took a ton of L. But I managed to beat it when I decided to change my strategy. I decided to just go full aggressive, rush immediately after the first Splashdown, rushed during the Bubble Blower, rushed during the Bomb Rush. It worked, surprisingly, not 100% of the time, but it certainly worked to get through the battle fast.

Final phase, I just always kept an obstacle between Agent 3 and I. When the panic Splashdowns started appearing, I could just duck behind the wall then rush again.

This DLC was a huge pleasure, and I can certainly see myself using this to burn time when I don't have internet.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Just finished the DLC tonight. I managed to get 45-ish out of the 80 Mem Cakes and beat the first seven stages of the finale, but the last part of the eighth was a bit too much. I just couldn't focus my shots on the head and rather than hear Ebb and Flow go into panic mode I simply bailed. Eventually I decided I just needed to skip it to save myself the trauma. At least Pearl blowing out NILS's mouth was worth all the trouble.

Maybe one day I'll go back and find the resolve to grab all the Mem Cakes, though I don't plan on doing the Agent 3 memory rematch.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Don'y know if I said this already, but Octo Expansion is the single greatest game I've ever played even besides Splatoon 2 main game

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I think I’m in the minority, but I’m disappointed with the Octolings. Sure they’re adorable, but their callouts just sound off. They’re not loud enough to hear and they’re kinda mumbled. I played as the octoling boy and girl for a while and went right back to my inkling. I do like seeing my inkling wear the gear from the dlc though.....just wish some of the gear had better abilities. Those boots look amazing.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Holy crap, screw the level where you ride the rails and shoot boxes with the bamboozler. I'm raging at this one. The other 2 weapons weren't that difficult but the bamboozler is screwing me

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Yeah, i'd love some better abilities, too. The Octo armor is cool enough but Haunt is pure trash in it's current state.

Rumor has it that the S1 Octo armor will end up as Grizzco gear at some future point, so there's still hope!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Holy crap, screw the level where you ride the rails and shoot boxes with the bamboozler. I'm raging at this one. The other 2 weapons weren't that difficult but the bamboozler is screwing me
Yah, that level was genuinely the first level that gave me a huge problem.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Question:

Do you need to complete every level with every available gear set for it to count the dlc as 100%-ed, or do you only just need to complete them with one to unlock the agent 3 rematch and null armour set?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Yah, that level was genuinely the first level that gave me a huge problem.
Funny, I thought it was easier with the boozler lol.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I must admit i had to skip alot,OMG dude it is really damn hard,it is obvious i am not a master expert gamer x.x but tbh i really did like the Octo Expansion and the music! since i wanted to play as a Octoling i was a bit more focused on completing even if i had to skip after 2 tries...i admit that the TC and RM missions were the easiest for me xD now i will give the skipped missions a chance again when i am in the mood haha,i do want to try harder to complete on my own where i can.but for now i will enjoy playing as a octoling online whoohoooo!!!! :D

Cephalobro

Question:

Do you need to complete every level with every available gear set for it to count the dlc as 100%-ed, or do you only just need to complete them with one to unlock the agent 3 rematch and null armour set?
Null Armor set is obtained through Mem Cakes, I'm not sure about the Agent 3 rematch.

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
I loved the Octo Expansion! The end really ramped up with the final boss. I'm so glad I got to play this chunk of pure joy.

My only gripe is that the octolings only have the two hair styles. But that doesn't mean I'm complaining about the afro.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
I had an awesome time with it, especially the bonus boss. The only thing that could've made that better is if you had the S1 specials used against you. Is there any reward for completing every stage with every possible weapon, or is it just bragging rights?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Question:

I'm pretty sure completing every stage with every weapon is just bragging rights (which is exactly why I plan on doing it). The Null armour is just by completing the stage once, but each stage on a specific line. Put it this way, I have all the clothing and beat Agent 3 and I haven't finished every weapon yet.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Null Armor set is obtained through Mem Cakes, I'm not sure about the Agent 3 rematch.
I'm pretty sure completing every stage with every weapon is just bragging rights (which is exactly why I plan on doing it). The Null armour is just by completing the stage once, but each stage on a specific line. Put it this way, I have all the clothing and beat Agent 3 and I haven't finished every weapon yet.
Thx both of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom