• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread 2: Electric Googaloo

epicRedHot

Inkling
October has come and (mostly) gone...
Pack it up, everyone.

"Octo"ber is no more.

(edited to fix typo)

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
I really hope this is a thing, and I hope they let you have one inkling and one octoling to play as whenever you what. that would be so cool.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I do really want playable Octolings (especially boy ones), but wouldn't they kind of make Inklings nonexistent? I mean think about it: as soon as Octolings come out, they'll be all people will play as.
Eh, only for a short time-frame. People get hyped over anything new, see new weapons, but the initial hype wears off after a few days. Now with Octolings it may take much longer but you'll still see it turn into a more 50-50 kind of thing eventually.

Now with the thread existing for quite some time and still nothing new from dataminers we might as well assume this idea has been yet again scrapped by ninty. y_y

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
There is always next year, next October... Next Splatoon installment. : (

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
To be faiiiiiiiiiiiir...Nintendo has put a hardcore lockdown on the Switch's game files that dataminers have yet to get past (excluding that hack that showed us Blackbelly Skatepark early). Our most recent datamines are 2 months+ old. There could be an entire world of new stuff we have no idea even EXISTS. There's as much reason to believe Octolings got scrapped as there is to believe they're still currently being worked on. Stay positive my friends. :D

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To be faiiiiiiiiiiiir...Nintendo has put a hardcore lockdown on the Switch's game files that dataminers have yet to get past (excluding that hack that showed us Blackbelly Skatepark early). Our most recent datamines are 2 months+ old. There could be an entire world of new stuff we have no idea even EXISTS. There's as much reason to believe Octolings got scrapped as there is to believe they're still currently being worked on. Stay positive my friends. :D
Actually, because of that recent blackbelly leak, I get the feel that at least some of the files have been "unlocked"
and those who have unlocked some, if not all, files are just being cautious about when (and how / to whom) they leak the new stuff (to).

just wish that someone would drop a hint if they found some more definitive proof that playable octolings are definitely coming.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
So I got to thinking about ears today, and it made me notice something. I have no clue what Octoling ears look like. Is there some bit of official art that shows this? I always assumed Octolings had human ears as opposed to an Inkling's pointy ones. I second guessed myself, looked at Otcoling official art, character models, and Marina official art, but no ear view.

Why do I want to know? Ears are important! Pointy ears are life, and if Octolings have them, then that's muy bueno. If they don't, that's fine too. I don't care for the Inkling's blocky fingertips, but Octolings have cool fingertips, so it is kind of a tradeoff.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hopefully triangular ears just like the Inklings. They are cute.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I imagine they'll ended up with rounded ears as a way to further differentiate themselves from Inklings.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The friday update video is bittersweet.

New weapon gameplay teased.

No octoling teaser + new tentacle styles for inkling boys and girls shown off, makes a whole new character parameter feel all the more distant. =[

Not to mention subscription f*** me no better connection fees coming in another month and a half.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
There is still the possibility Octolings will be playable, but I learned long ago to not have faith on Nintendo, so I am not hopeful.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
We will not see Octolings until Splat3 or maybe just maybe they will be in the next Smash..

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
So I got to thinking about ears today, and it made me notice something. I have no clue what Octoling ears look like. Is there some bit of official art that shows this? I always assumed Octolings had human ears as opposed to an Inkling's pointy ones. I second guessed myself, looked at Otcoling official art, character models, and Marina official art, but no ear view.

Why do I want to know? Ears are important! Pointy ears are life, and if Octolings have them, then that's muy bueno. If they don't, that's fine too. I don't care for the Inkling's blocky fingertips, but Octolings have cool fingertips, so it is kind of a tradeoff.
I believe, if I remember correctly, someone actually got the wire frame of the Octoling and found out that their ears are more rounded. They remind me of a coin but a bit thicker. Anyway, if I find the link to that wire frame again, I'll link it here. :)

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I'm still optimistic. We haven't had any datamines since V1.2. Of course, we still can't crack into the Switch yet, but it isn't really a matter of if we ever do it, it's when. 2.0 is most likely holding a lot of goodies we don't know about quite yet.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
The friday update video is bittersweet.

New weapon gameplay teased.

No octoling teaser + new tentacle styles for inkling boys and girls shown off, makes a whole new character parameter feel all the more distant. =[
New update.
No Octolings.
R.I.P. interest.
We will not see Octolings until Splat3 or maybe just maybe they will be in the next Smash..
when you correctly predict no Octolings but wanted to be wrong for everyone else's sake anyway

Monokuma_Fullbody_Sprite_08.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom