• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread 2: Electric Googaloo

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Playable Octolings and a new campaign were just confirmed in an upcoming DLC... And of course, it costs $20.
It'd be one thing if the Octolings were free and the campaign was paid, but that's not the case.
I'll still pay for it regardless, but it'll definitely make the experience a little less enjoyable.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I'm happy because of this too.
But i'm also happy that nobody expected this at all, and plus the designs they have looked nothing like people have imagined, so no one can say "Called it", with 100% accuracy. :rolleyes:
But still, the thrills of seeing this. :scared:

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I'm excited!!!1

Or is it just me or that playable Octolings look younger than enemy Octoling? I mean, look at their smaller tentacles (I guess they're for fitting headgears better than bulky tentacles). Also, black eye rings instead of purple.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Nintendo Offical Trailer link on their main youtube account.

Nice to see we are basically playing as Octoling Chell and wake up in Aperture Science Labs, which has somehow survived to the era of Splatoon.

Also Marina's going for an interesting look there.

(US$19.99 sounds good to me for so much content, time to dump money in the eShop!)

Hey, male Octo artwork!

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
I saw screenshots before I saw the Direct and thought it was fake.

NOPE. IT'S REAL. GET HYPE.

Thanks for the pics @aceofscarabs. I saw the Tupac reference immediately but didn't get Pearl's outfit

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
=[

Well, better to get a couple months with octolings than none at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah yeah "you're ruingin the hype, gtfo"
I'll be in the Dead sea, salt thread if you need me.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
Someone with the octoling preorder gear post the abilities.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
What a nice reveal. I was actually pretty giddy when I saw it.

The DLC single player looks like it might have some difficulty to it, which is welcome to those who have spent too much time on the game. As for the $20 price tag....I DON'T CARE! MORE BABY SQUID OCTO GAME!

Also we're forgetting the most important thing about the trailer. The Octolings look pretty cute <3

Last edited:

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Im not too interested in the octolings but they do look way better than I expected them to. Anyway: Im happy for them who wanted octolings and Im happy for everyone who wanted Trigger Campfish back (I really can't stand the fact that camping was way too common in this map, I just hate it). I still hope for the other maps to return (Well, Flounder Hights doesn't have to in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom