• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
I love how fake that looks. The art isn't convincing me, it looks off. They're not going to lock maps and entirely new weapon types behind limited access amiibos. Not only that, how the heck do you even lock maps behind a paywall with how stage rotations even exist. Private battles? Yeah, what a total waste of resources and dev time. Not happening. What we have is one thing, this is something else. We already would've seen remnants of it due to data miners. We are likely getting new Splatoon amiibo, but not any of this stuff.

Also, wouldn't that twitter user get bodied by Nintendo merely hours after he posted it? Even if he's relaying the message, they would've acted fast regardless of who posted it. The Smash 3DS leaker was hunted by Nintendo after spilling the beans. This is the one thing I don't like about pre direct hype, bored trolls make fake leaks to pass time before the direct comes out and 99.9% of them are fake. I like how this showed up when we knew the direct is less than 48 hours away. General rule is, don't believe anything until it comes out of Nintendo's mouth.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
I felt really worried about the Amiibo thing, but after reading the posts here, I don't think it's something Nintendo would do. It would be unfair to people who can't/won't buy amiibos (like me). With all the free maps/weapons they've given us, it doesn't make sense that they would suddenly make us pay or get an amiibo for it. Octolings I see being DLC, because Nintendo has clearly worked hard on them, I'll happily pay. I'd even happily pay for maps/weapons. But I can't stand Amiibos, I won't buy one, I don't care what they unlock. That said, I hope that weapon/map is real and not unlocked by amiibo (wishful thinking, I know). Also I switched my Squidboards theme to the Octoboards one in my Octoling hype! :)

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Yeah, I never thought this was real, and most of the people on Twitter who saw this thought the same thing.

NNID
namine753
Gonna call it fake. Well I hope so. Loves me some Link/Zelda but I would really like to keep Splatoon separate from the other Nintendo IPs. Sure if you want to throw them in Smash or a Mario Party type game go for it but I don't think we need Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom getting tossed in Splatoon.
yeah, don't want this to become Super Smash Squids. Hope Splatoon stays breathing as it's own IP for a while longer, and even then I'd be hesitant about crossovers. Splat bows would be totally cool though.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I doubt this is real, but, as far as the stage goes, provided they went out of their way to create something so enormous for such little content, I could see it as A single player map much like the Inkling Amiibos, where you complete missions to get certain gear. I wouldn't figure it'd be a multilayer map because that would be locking key content.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I wouldn't be too surprised that we get a Zelda-based weapon in Splatoon along with most likely a Toon Link skin. Meh, Monster Hunter X did it already, so why not Splatoon, right?
Monster Hunter crosses over with near everything though, as far as outfits and weapons go.

Know what I'd like to see for this game too, which no one seems to have discussed? An outfit design contest, like what Japan got with Famitsu.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
I guess the moment of truth is upon us, eh?
It is 6:20 AM here in Germany.
Looks like I will be getting the news, when I come back from work.

Let's hope they won't derail this train. ;)

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Still not hoping for anything Octoling related, but I still hope that this Direct won't crash and burn in the end. Last thing we want is another E3 2015.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
E3 2015 was simply the result of showing off all your pretty toys too early. I highly doubt that will be happening tonight.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I know there hasn't been a Nintendo Direct since June but I hope people don't overhype and go beyond realistic expectations.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Oh, of course they will. However, this time, they're sure to have some juicy information. Smash Ballot is likely to drop tonight, and they have other games to drop I'm sure. There hasn't really been a disappointing Nintendo Direct yet. They surely didn't build any bridges at E3, so I'm sure they have plenty of new information to drop on us.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
People will hype this direct to the sky and set themselves for massive disappointment, like they always do. Yes, it's been that long, but don't hype yourself to "the best thing ever". It'll be fine though and we'll get some new info likely on Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Smash. If they don't, oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom