• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Let's hold our horses everyone, or we get back to hairstyles and private apartments.
As much as I like the idea of Inkopolis and Octo Valley to be completely explorable, up to the last nook and cranny, it won't happen in this current incarnation.

Although, I would love at least one Mutliplayer Map being set in Octo Valley.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...huh. That was sudden.

Devil's Advocate here: from the wording of that announcement, I wonder if they're going to focus on what Nintendo's planning for the coming months, leaving new info for current games as (dare I say it) filler?

I'm not trying to shoot down the OctoHype, mind you. I'm just thinking of how the direct might possibly be laid out. (Admittedly, the only Direct I've ever seen was the April 1st one, and my memory of that is rather fuzzy.)

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
The octoling hype train is at full speed! FINALLY a direct! I won't be happy with Nintendo if octolings aren't confirmed in some way, even if they're just hinted at, that's enough for me. But hopefully it will be a full announcement.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
It would be weird to announce Splatoon content without a Japanese Nintendo Direct.

I mean I'm still hyped regardless and I think they will announce one for Japan soon.
Oh, I see. Just covering your bases before you're truly hyped. I gotcha.

They mentioned updates on their games, out or not. And they also mentioned in their financial report that they're focusing on Splatoon and Mario Maker due to big sales on both games, so expect DLC information for both at least.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
/inb4 playable Octolings doesn't get announced during the Direct

Hopefully this isn't the case, though.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Then. . . BOOM!

Jellyfish confirmed as playable characters. . . In Single Player mode.

In all seriousness, I've never gotten too invested into the idea of things like this being revealed, because there are plenty of things I waited for that never came I'm looking at you Golden Sun 4. All too often do people get whiny when something they expected doesn't get revealed See insert Pokemon Forum. So, I've decided to like to believe something may happen, but take every single small thing leading into these with a grain of salt.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
As if Nintendo would lock a map behind an amiibo. Do you know how many people that would piss off? lol
co-op is locked behind an amiibo, and that's pretty substantial... but they're just scaring me right now with their approach with amiibo content. that most likely won't be the case.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
co-op is locked behind an amiibo, and that's pretty substantial... but they're just scaring me right now with their approach with amiibo content. that most likely won't be the case.
Co-op in what? For Splatoon all the amiibo did was add little challenges. Not even Mario Kart 8 is that cruel to lock a multiplayer map behind an amiibo.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Co-op in what? For Splatoon all the amiibo did was add little challenges. Not even Mario Kart 8 is that cruel to lock a multiplayer map behind an amiibo.
shovel knight. so the content is getting more substantial, but nothing like whole maps...yet.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
shovel knight. so the content is getting more substantial, but nothing like whole maps...yet.
The difference is that the functionality behind the Shovel Knight amiibo isn't controlled by Nintendo but by Yacht Club Games themselves.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
Is this just a fake? It looks really legit, and I would love the Splatbow to be a thing, though locking substantial content behind amiibos makes no sense whatsoever.
Gonna call it fake. Well I hope so. Loves me some Link/Zelda but I would really like to keep Splatoon separate from the other Nintendo IPs. Sure if you want to throw them in Smash or a Mario Party type game go for it but I don't think we need Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom getting tossed in Splatoon.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Gonna call it fake. Well I hope so. Loves me some Link/Zelda but I would really like to keep Splatoon separate from the other Nintendo IPs. Sure if you want to throw them in Smash or a Mario Party type game go for it but I don't think we need Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom getting tossed in Splatoon.
Yeah I think the giveaway is where it says "new map." I'm pretty everyone but Nintendo calls them that, who instead use the term stages. Maybe the UK translation is maps though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom