• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm done hyping them up. So, done. At this point onward, I'll just main the Female Inkling and assume the Octoling will never be a thing. I'd be great if they do come out but the direct just blew. The only thing that I liked was the Dragon Quest announcements, I'll buy both of those.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
I knew the Octolings couldn't be shown now but I felt a bit sadden knowin' they ain't in it yet BUT! We still got Dec. AND 2k16 to look up!
Eee~! I just can't wait for the gear and maps!
I hope Dec. or Jan. will be the best months for Splatoon! oAo

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm done hyping them up. So, done. At this point onward, I'll just main the Female Inkling and assume the Octoling will never be a thing. I'd be great if they do come out but the direct just blew. The only thing that I liked was the Dragon Quest announcements, I'll buy both of those.
Me, too. I prefer playing as the female Inkling myself. Right now, I think it's best to not hype about the possibility of playable Octolings in the future. I still keep thinking they may not happen, but hey, maybe it'll be a miracle if they were actually playable for once.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
On the bright side, we did get a Smash Direct confirmed for December. I sense Inklings coming for Squidmas. If they have the Octolings as an alt costume (which they should), that would be the perfect time to announce the Octos (well you know, besides this Direct).

Also, 2.3 is coming out in less than two hours, featuring Museum d'Alfonsino (Pivot) and eventually, Mahi-Mahi Resort (Hiagari), which means Nikki will have a treasure trove of new things to find, like a newly updated Octoling model for example.

This Direct was underwhelming, but it could have been worse. We must not give up hope... It's not about whether they're coming, it's when...

Last edited:

Grizabella

Inkster Jr.
I was dissapointed in the lack of splatoon news, but I'm still pumped for the new maps and gear. Was desperate for the new maps, and these look like nothing we've got. Can't wait to try them out.
I'm with ThatBerkawitzKid that its not a matter of whether Octolings are coming out, its when. Based on the evidence they definitely have something planned. I was kinda under the impression that they had planned to bring them out now, but something happened and they decided to hold back; maybe the models weren't the best they could be? Or they decided last minute to change them.
Either way, I think they're coming.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Lol, I knew this was gonna happen. There was nothing explicitly saying we were ever getting Octolings. Not saying it's not possible, but everyone here is "disappointed" because of it. We just got 40 new pieces of gear and 2 new maps. What is there to be disappointed about?
The fact that the Octoling models have been updated in almost every single update (even just balance patches like 2.2) is enough evidence that they're coming, for me anyway. With that said, I do think some here are taking things a little overboard. Octos aren't the only thing that matter in Splatoon, regardless of how AMAZING they would be to have. Like Moose said, we're getting 40 new pieces of gear (I've already fallen in love with a certain jacket) and 2 new maps (both of which look incredibly unique and fun). Octos are coming, just not now, and we'll still have Splatoon content steadily flowing to hold us over until then.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
The fact that the Octoling models have been updated in almost every single update (even just balance patches like 2.2) is enough evidence that they're coming, for me anyway. With that said, I do think some here are taking things a little overboard. Octos aren't the only thing that matter in Splatoon, regardless of how AMAZING they would be to have. Like Moose said, we're getting 40 new pieces of gear (I've already fallen in love with a certain jacket) and 2 new maps (both of which look incredibly unique and fun). Octos are coming, just not now, and we'll still have Splatoon content steadily flowing to hold us over until then.
I know(I'm really loving these clothes), but Splatoon and Smash was really what I was looking forward to in the direct. I'll still keep on smashing until Octolings come!

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
Why does Nintendo keep pleasing the otakus their core Japanese audience anyway? It disturbs me.
Nintendo has always catered primarily to the home market, we've just gotten spoiled recently with more Western - friendly decisions, and now the pendulum is swinging back the other way.

Also, "otaku" isn't really the word you're looking for, "otaku" just means "enthusiast" and by the Japanese use of the term many, many members of this site could be considered Splatoon otaku. Gaijin Goomba on YouTube has a really good short video on the subject, I suggest checking it out.
;-)

Grizabella

Inkster Jr.
I know(I'm really loving these clothes), but Splatoon and Smash was really what I was looking forward to in the direct. I'll still keep on smashing until Octolings come!
I was defs a bit dissapointed that the splatoon coverage was so brief, but the hype for the new clothes and maps is high so I don't really mind. And they said they have updates for up till January, and considering the rate which they've been releasing things, thats a lot of content to look forward too! (But I understand the disappointment totally).
On a somewhat unrelated note, did anyone notice that splatnet changed it's map rotations? the museum was meant to be up for the next two rotations and now its completely changed :/

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Also, "otaku" isn't really the word you're looking for, "otaku" just means "enthusiast" and by the Japanese use of the term many, many members of this site could be considered Splatoon otaku. Gaijin Goomba on YouTube has a really good short video on the subject, I suggest checking it out.
;-)
Well, I'm stupid then. Thanks for informing me on this.

On a somewhat unrelated note, did anyone notice that splatnet changed it's map rotations? the museum was meant to be up for the next two rotations and now its completely changed :/
The museum stage will be out tomorrow.

Grizabella

Inkster Jr.
Nintendo has always catered primarily to the home market, we've just gotten spoiled recently with more Western - friendly decisions, and now the pendulum is swinging back the other way.

;-)
IDK for me, if I want to play western games I'd play the triple A games by ubisoft and microsoft and other such companies that I don't remember. I like nintendo cause it's Japanese. The more japanesey it is, the better as far as I'm concerned :)

Grizabella

Inkster Jr.
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom