Personal opinions on buffs/nerfs that should happen

sammich

Inkling Cadet
nerf:
cold-blooded (it's such a huge benefit that it feels a waste to use any other main on your shirt)
roller flicks (the carbon is fine, but i think the normal and dynamo rollers could have their damage decreased on the far end of their flicks)
suction bomb (maybe it's just lag but i get killed even when i'm quite far away. surely this could just do damage and not OHKO at the far reaches).
ink walls (it takes two and a half charge shots to break through... it also insta-kills quicker than a splatbomb. it also lasts forever)

buff:
point sensor (i love it, but it lasts too short and the range too small for not doing damage or inking)
inkmines (yesterday i rolled right over one and made it out of the blast radius without squidding. yet you can only place one and cost so much ink)
everyone's ink resistance (make less of a gap between normal squids and ink resistance squids by buffing non-ink res and not ink res)
squiffer (maybe slightly more range or a more powerful uncharged shot or a better sub/special combo? preferably the latter)
seekers (they use so much ink yet they are not very effective. i like making them home towards me into a wall)

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I think that Stealth Jump could use a change (though it could be considered a buff) to where the Inkling is also completely quiet in addition to not showing where they'll be when they land.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Since we're discussing the Dynamo I wanna talk about it a bit, I've been facing it all day after all.

The thing about the Dynamo Roller is that it's not OP, rather it's good points outweigh it's bad points. Even though it's slow, the sheer mass of Ink that comes from each swing makes up for it (plus I've never actually seen anyone try to run someone over with a Dynamo, just swing swing swing). It's pretty tough to punish considering how a Roller has an active hitbox all the time, regardless of what it's doing. Getting near a Roller already spells death since it splats you on contact, so the idea is to fight it at a range, which is how you would deal with a Carbon or regular Splat Roller.
The thing with the Dynamo is that it plain outranges a WIDE majority of the shooters, and if the gun has equal range, chances are a flick will come out before the number of shots needed to splat will connect. Bombs are an option, but because of the distance between you and the Dynamo, they'll likely react accordingly before you can really get in.
"Just swim around it, Pivi!" Yes, this is possible, but on some stages you're going to be hard pressed to find a spot where you can take out a Dynamo where they can't get you first. Notable places are the middle sections of Camp Triggerfish, the paths leading to the middle part of Saltspray Rig, the entirety of Moray Towers and don't even talk to me about Port Mackerel, not to mention just about any place a Dynamo has a height advantage on you. On any of these stages, if I see a Dynamo gong at it, I just turn around and focus on something else because I know there's no real way to approach it.

The Dynamo is strong, but I don;t think it should be nerfed because it's powerful, the fact of the matter is a Dynamo Roller is straight up unfun to play against. Taking one out feels like both a gamble and a chore. The whole thing just oozes poor design choices.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Since we're discussing the Dynamo I wanna talk about it a bit, I've been facing it all day after all.

The thing about the Dynamo Roller is that it's not OP, rather it's good points outweigh it's bad points. Even though it's slow, the sheer mass of Ink that comes from each swing makes up for it (plus I've never actually seen anyone try to run someone over with a Dynamo, just swing swing swing). It's pretty tough to punish considering how a Roller has an active hitbox all the time, regardless of what it's doing. Getting near a Roller already spells death since it splats you on contact, so the idea is to fight it at a range, which is how you would deal with a Carbon or regular Splat Roller.
The thing with the Dynamo is that it plain outranges a WIDE majority of the shooters, and if the gun has equal range, chances are a flick will come out before the number of shots needed to splat will connect. Bombs are an option, but because of the distance between you and the Dynamo, they'll likely react accordingly before you can really get in.
"Just swim around it, Pivi!" Yes, this is possible, but on some stages you're going to be hard pressed to find a spot where you can take out a Dynamo where they can't get you first. Notable places are the middle sections of Camp Triggerfish, the paths leading to the middle part of Saltspray Rig, the entirety of Moray Towers and don't even talk to me about Port Mackerel, not to mention just about any place a Dynamo has a height advantage on you. On any of these stages, if I see a Dynamo gong at it, I just turn around and focus on something else because I know there's no real way to approach it.

The Dynamo is strong, but I don;t think it should be nerfed because it's powerful, the fact of the matter is a Dynamo Roller is straight up unfun to play against. Taking one out feels like both a gamble and a chore. The whole thing just oozes poor design choices.
In my case this also goes for the E-Liter 3K (especially if it comes with a scope or a Kraken) :confused:

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix

I would personally consider Dynamo to be a glass cannon. It can be devastating to a lot of weapons but does get countered hard by chargers or splash walls which easily take out people with weapons of bad mobility such as Dynamo. To them its not at all a gamble but more like cash in. If Dynamo had Inzooka I could understand the unfairness of it but right now? I don't think so.

No, you **** off. The fact that you think choices with strengths and weaknesses which incite counterpicks is exclusive to some ****ty party fighter proves you're a ******* 10 year old. ****ing idiot.
This is a shooter, not Smash, and not rock paper scissors. **** off.
I'm all for discussion but not this and I feel as if I must step in before it escalates. The nasty remarks are not benefiting anyone here so please just stop. This thread already enough of a war zone.

Sitri

Full Squid
NNID
SitriStahl

I'll concede that the lists of nerfs I posted that sparked this page-long flame was a bit too much, but I agree with you.
It's not that the Dynamo is unfun to play against, it's just that you have to bring such specific counters to it, or you just can't play against it.
I like to think of it like Blaziken or some other Pokemon that has been banned to Ubers. You can deal with it just fine if you have the appropriate counters, but God help you if you don't have these counters and the enemy has a Blaziken. It forces you to prepare for threats that may not actually exist while hindering variety.

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
My main complaint about the dynamo is that one flick can remove the point in splat zones. If they spam flicks behind a barrier where its hard to kill them if they are atleast kinda attentive then its just annoying and not fun and stop any offensive you can really push. That way of playing should not be awarded.

As a shortrange fighter its the one weapon I cant do anything about. Its slow but its huge wall of ink is just too wide to avoid . I need to get in close for the kill so its large range and insta kill means no escape if it flicks before you get in range but after its too late to even remotely try to go back and that window is just too large. In that regard I want it nerfed, maybe how sammich remarked in that the edges should be weakened a bit more.

Noise Tank

Full Squid
No, you **** off. The fact that you think choices with strengths and weaknesses which incite counterpicks is exclusive to some ****ty party fighter proves you're a ******* 10 year old. ****ing idiot.
you can't call someone a 10 year old if you're going to cry like a little baby when someone doesn't agree with you. tell your mom to give you a hug or something

There's no such things as counter-picks in a non-class based, team shooter that doesn't let you see what the opponent is using. **** of here scrub

Solar~Beam

Inkling
NNID
riot404
I like to think of it like Blaziken or some other Pokemon that has been banned to Ubers. You can deal with it just fine if you have the appropriate counters, but God help you if you don't have these counters and the enemy has a Blaziken. It forces you to prepare for threats that may not actually exist while hindering variety.
This isn't exactly the best analogy. Blaziken was banned because it had, black and white, things it steamrolled or things that came close to hard countering it. The Dynamo is in no way in that situation. Let me say now that I hate the Dynamos with a burning passion and they make my salt level rise, but I would never say they are un-counterable. My main complaints is that it has one of the biggest non-sniper ranges in the game and that range has the power to one-shot kill people. Others will come at you and say this is balanced by its low swing speed, but I've been in many situations where I start shooting a Dynamo at the same time he/she swings and I still loose. I just think the "flick" spray needs a nerf in damage, it should not be a one hit at the range it has.

That all said, it is counterable not with weapons, but with smart play. Obviously flanking and ambushing, but also just being aware of their jumping. Most Dynamos hop all over the place so if you can track that, while avoiding the cone of death in front of them, it's pretty easy to splat them. Also a bomb makes quick work of them if you throw it after they jump. It's a powerful weapon, and it requires you to not just charge in whole hog, guns blazing, but if you play smart most weapons can beat it.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Bomb Sniffer is hardly useful while Bomb Range up is almost useless for most and especially useless for a person like me who uses Ink Mines.

Point Sensors and Disruptors need to be buffed to have a bigger range. Burst Bombs need to take a bit less ink to use.

Nozzlenoses need to be buffed as they are seldom used, along with Squiffers.

MasterYoshidino

Inkster Jr.
NNID
masteryoshidino
Switch Friend Code
SW-4197-0965-9397
The only two things I would say from all my ranked games all the way to S+ would be
1. E-Liter 3K needs it's sub changed to something non viable in close quarters. Someone on reddit make an image that reflects this.
2. Inkzooka needs the charge to use mechanic the Rainmaker has to balance out the special. It's currently being used a cheese mechanic and the moment I did a quad splat from 3 inkzooka shots I said "this special needs rebalancing"

Reactions: LMG

Sitri

Full Squid
NNID
SitriStahl
Nerf: specials that make you invulnerable should not be able to push the tower in tower control. Kinda like how ubercharged players cant capture points or push the payload in TF2.
I teared up when I saw the Bubbler disappear when I picked up a Rainmaker.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
1. E-Liter 3K needs it's sub changed to something non viable in close quarters. Someone on reddit make an image that reflects this.
2. Inkzooka needs the charge to use mechanic the Rainmaker has to balance out the special. It's currently being used a cheese mechanic and the moment I did a quad splat from 3 inkzooka shots I said "this special needs rebalancing"
God, no, even though I don't play E-Liter (yet), getting rid of burst bombs would make this weapon so much weaker, thus weaken the whole charger class by a lot. But it's true E-Liter is probably the easiest (if you want to call that easy) weapon to carry teams if mastered.

Inkzooka still feels very strong after the nerf. Maybe Nintendo should bump it up even a little further. The weapon mechanic itself shouldn't be changed, though, imo. It's still a special after all and is supposed to be strong.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Inkzooka still feels very strong after the nerf. Maybe Nintendo should bump it up even a little further. The weapon mechanic itself shouldn't be changed, though, imo. It's still a special after all and is supposed to be strong.
To be honest it's not about it being too strong or not, it's about the fact that there's basically no way around it; it's either you get hit or the guy misses the shot. Almost all of the other specials have ways to go around them (even the Kraken and the Bubbler can be pushed back to keep them at bay to a degree), but once someone pulls out an Inkzooka they're almost always guranteed a splat against whoever they're fighting with little to nothing they can do against it (even hugging cover doesn't always seem to work)

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
To be honest it's not about it being too strong or not, it's about the fact that there's basically no way around it; it's either you get hit or the guy misses the shot. Almost all of the other specials have ways to go around them (even the Kraken and the Bubbler can be pushed back to keep them at bay to a degree), but once someone pulls out an Inkzooka they're almost always guranteed a splat against whoever they're fighting with little to nothing they can do against it (even hugging cover doesn't always seem to work)
Pretty much, they seriously still need to fix the awful hitbox & rate of fire for this weapon...there's been times where I've been completely behind cover and it still somehow manages to splat me....other times it doesn't. A bit inconsistent and annoying.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
Cost of one dynamo roller 7900 coins.

Cost of one Forge splatter shot pro 19800 coins.

Where Im at, B+. The dynamo owns.

I rest my case.

Crisium

Inkling
NNID
Crisium
Some changes I would like to see.

Buffs:
Squiffer. Presently it has less range than the Jet Squelcher and Splatling, and is the only weapon to have its range. Slightly increase its range to match the Jet Squelcher and Splatling. Increase its movement speed while charging by ~50% to ~75%. I want it to noticeably be more maneuverable since even with this proposed range buff it would still have much less range than the other snipers and they can match its charge time to kill with Strength Ups.

Point Sensor. Decrease its Ink consumption. Nothing drastic. It just needs some incentive.

Splattershot Pro. Decrease its Ink Consumption. Nothing drastic. It's just unnecessarily high right now.

Ink Mines. I'm not sure on this one. Perhaps allow 2 to be planted but with a nerf: Increase Ink consumption to 100% of Tank (only when another is active, so if planting only 1 we make sure we are not nerfing the ability). If you want to plant 2 then you will have a long window of refilling your Ink. I'm not sure if such a thing can be done with the programming though.

Nerfs:
Ink Resistance. The ability should be unchanged, and instead the penalties for enemy ink without the ability should be lowered. Keep the damage the same, but running through enemy Ink without the ability should reduce your speed to 20% or 25% of normal. With Ink Resistance at 50% speed reduction, it still let's you move twice or 2.5x as fast through enemy ink as well as take less damage.

Splash Wall. Decrease its HP. Nothing drastic. I absolutely do not think its Ink Consumption should be increased though because then you take away the ability to fire behind it - especially in conjunction with a minor HP nerf.

Splat and Dynamo Rollers. In general, aiming needs to be more important, I really think that will go a long way. This can be done by reducing the damage outside of the middle ~33% of ink splash significantly (half or even less than half of its current damage). Then either a) decreasing turning speed while swinging significantly or even b) unable to turn while swinging at all. Probably the first to be less drastic. Those with true aim will weather on - I think this simply means you have to be more skillful in your aiming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom