• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Poll: Squid Sisters vs. Off The Hook!

Squid Sisters or Off The Hook?

• Squid Sisters!

Votes: 161 65.2%
  • Off The Hook!

Votes: 86 34.8%

• Total voters

It's the face-off of the century!

Take your picks! Which Inkopolis idol group stands above the rest?

Is it the splendidly spectacular Squid Sisters?

Or do you have an outstanding obsession with Off The Hook?

Tell us which duo is your favorite, or which you think is the best! Sound off in the comments below with your thoughts.

Until next time...well, you know what to do!

TheRapture

Comments

Definitely the Squid Sisters! Well, I guess they're the squid cousins now, but you know what I mean. Both of them are super cute and their dialogue is just hilarious. Oh, and Pearl and Marina can make all the songs they want, but NOTHING WILL BEAT INK ME UP! (Except for Splatattack, Ink or Sink, Seaskape, Kraken up, Metalopod...yeah, forget I said that.)

Last edited:
This was incredibly difficult for me. I like both.

I mostly know the Squid Sisters through fancomics....which are really good. They're more iconic than Off the Hook, and you get to know them better in their game.

Off the Hook is the group I started with, so I'm more familiar with them. I personally think their presentation is much better than the Squid Sisters, which admittedly should happen in a sequel.

I chose Squid Sisters, but I still might change my vote. I'm really torn on this. Admittedly I'll choose Off the Hook without hesitation if that became a Splatfest theme.

Off The Hook - I mean, the cousins are cool, but they are way too similar to eachother, and don't feel like much more than random squids who got famous... and happen to be related to an important Inkling leader.

Off The Hook, on the other hand, feel really distinct, from eachother, but also distinct from the rest of Inkopolis. A (super cute) black octoling who happens to be a DJ? A short, bratty inkling rapper? That's quite the character they have, unlike the Squid Sisters.

But they can probably workshop their catchphrase a bit, though.

Oh boy, this topic. I'm pretty sure most prefer the Squid Sisters since they're more iconic. They also were more developed than Off the Hook and you actually got to directly interact giving you more of a connection with them. Heck, you even got to read a little bit about their lives in those little shorts.
Actually working together with Marie in 2 was pretty great too. You got to see more of her puny personality and her actually upset about her sis-I mean- cousin's disappearance. The final battle wasn't about saving the Great Zapfish but more about finally reuniting the two cousins and I actually got sentimental when Callie rejoined Marie and they preformed together. It was perfect.

BUT,

I actually prefer Off the Hook. As great as Callie and Marie are, they feel a little bland to me. Their personalities are a little too obvious and they look and sound the same as each other. Seriously in the beginning, I couldn't tell their voices apart at all. Pearl and Marina really stand out to me. All though Marina does have the obvious better design of the two, Pearl's design does a good job at standing out as well. Their personalities are what really makes them stand out though. Pearl is rapping little diva and Marina's a surprisingly smartalec shy nerd. I love how much their personalities blend with each other! They pick on each other so much you can truly believe they're close friends and also make for some amazing fan art and comics. There's just so much personality between the two! And it even shows even in their songs. And while I still prefer most of the songs in Sploon 1, Off the Hook songs are the only exception. I'm sorry but, Marina alone sings so much better than Callie and Marie. It actually caught me off guard how good she sounded. And it combines perfectly with Pearl's rapping and occasional singing. If I had to describe Off the Hooks music I would call it "modern pop". They really sound like what would be comsidered modern pop music in the world of Splatoon. I can legit imagine Inklings listening to songs like Ebb & Flow while driving. My cod is Ebb & Flow such a good song! It blows Ink Me Up way out of the water! I'm sorry but as good as Ink Me Up was, I was so sick of that song by the second Splatfest. And don't get me started on Acid Hues! I love that song THE MOST.

To wrap this all up, the Squid Sisters are still good, iconic and more developed in certain aspects, but I just find Off the Hook more enjoyable to watch and listen to and also, in a way relatable. In the end though, I can't see Off the Hook as more than just place holders for the Squid Sisters unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the Squid Sisters will be back in control for the next game. Hopefully we'll still see some more of Pearl and Marina and maybe even learn more about them!

Last edited:
Oh boy, this topic. I'm pretty sure most prefer the Squid Sisters since they're more iconic. They also were more developed than Off the Hook and you actually got to directly interact giving you more of a connection with them. Heck, you even got to read a little bit about their lives in those little shorts.
Actually working together with Marie in 2 was pretty great too. You got to see more of her puny personality and her actually upset about her sis-I mean- cousin's disappearance. The final battle wasn't about saving the Great Zapfish but more about finally reuniting the two cousins and I actually got sentimental when Callie rejoined Marie and they preformed together. It was perfect.

BUT,

I actually prefer Off the Hook. As great as Callie and Marie are, they feel a little bland to me. Their personalities are a little too obvious and they look and sound the same as each other. Seriously in the beginning, I couldn't tell their voices apart at all. Pearl and Marina really stand out to me. All though Marina does have the obvious better design of the two, Pearl's design does a good job at standing out as well. Their personalities are what really makes them stand out though. Pearl is rapping little diva and Marina's a surprisingly smartalec shy nerd. I love how much their personalities blend with each other! They pick on each other so much you can truly believe they're close friends and also make for some amazing fan art and comics. There's just so much personality between the two! And it even shows even in their songs. And while I still prefer most of the songs in Sploon 1, Off the Hook songs are the only exception. I'm sorry but, Marina alone sings so much better than Callie and Marie. It actually caught me off guard how good she sounded. And it combines perfectly with Pearl's rapping and occasional singing. If I had to describe Off the Hooks music I would call it "modern pop". They really sound like what would be comsidered modern pop music in the world of Splatoon. I can legit imagine Inklings listening to songs like Ebb & Flow while driving. My cod is Ebb & Flow such a good song! It blows Ink Me Up way out of the water! I'm sorry but as good as Ink Me Up was, I was so sick of that song by the second Splatfest. And don't get me started on Acid Hues! I love that song THE MOST.

To wrap this all up, the Squid Sisters are still good, iconic and more developed in certain aspects, but I just find Off the Hook more enjoyable to watch and listen to and also, in a way relatable. In the end though, I can't see Off the Hook as more than just place holders for the Squid Sisters unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the Squid Sisters will be back in control for the next game. Hopefully we'll still see some more of Pearl and Marina and maybe even learn more about them!
Yeah, but you gotta remember that they never stop singing that one song in Inkopolis Square during a splatfest...NEVER. It makes me just want to ignore everything in the square and get to deca tower as fast as possible. Honestly, I would've rather had this as our splatfest theme:
He he ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, but you gotta remember that they never stop singing that one song in Inkopolis Square during a splatfest...NEVER. It makes me just want to ignore everything in the square and get to deca tower as fast as possible. Honestly, I would've rather had this as our splatfest theme:
He he ;)
Did I accidently kill this thread with this post I made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom