Shroomed Mafia. Over. Who won?

Thingyman

Inkling
Hi

I'm moving out today (and maybe still need to get some stuff done tomorrow), but luckily there's time

@Marigi174

What happened this night... Has this happened with other people? Or did those people die?

#vaguehints

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Hi

I'm moving out today (and maybe still need to get some stuff done tomorrow), but luckily there's time

@Marigi174

What happened this night... Has this happened with other people? Or did those people die?

#vaguehints
I am going to wait for Marigi's response and that will depend on what I say

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Hi

@Marigi174

#vaguehints
Could you clarify for me what you mean by that? Sorry, I'm tired and it is a little vague XD.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Well, seeing as I tend to agree with the votes, due to my previously mentioned mafia leanings toward Widdle Mac, I don't know whether I should change my vote or not. I guess I will, though.
##Unvote
##Vote: Widdle Mac
Why did you vote even when it was a lynch?

Okay, so I haven't spoken too much about my reads today, because I first wanted to get some input on how the nightkills went in the first game here. Looks like it isn't gonna be much of a help, but the thing is that this above quote tends to incriminate Majoras.

But that doesn't make Majoras mafia, necessarily. It PROBABLY means either

1) Majoras is mafia and wanted to get rid of a strong player who suspected him (which also explains why I wasn't killed, because I leaned town on Majoras on day 1)

or 2) Majoras is town and the mafia are trying to incriminate him.
However, it’s strange to me that both you and Majoras are still alive despite being experienced players. It’s possible mafia could be inexperienced players. Unless you and Thingy are both on the same side which could be quite something. I would have assumed that only one of you would be alive at this point.

Okay, so I haven't spoken too much about my reads today, because I first wanted to get some input on how the nightkills went in the first game here. Looks like it isn't gonna be much of a help, but the thing is that this above quote tends to incriminate Majoras.
Okay – but what did you hope to get from the nightkills? I don’t think you know of any of us well.

I am anxiously awaiting Majoras to pop into thread.
Winks. I think you know waiting for someone to post doesn’t accomplish anything, yes?

I'm just gonna go ahead and poke @MajorasMask9. I'm not poking redadil4 as I get the feeling a modkill could potentially make this game easier for us and I get the feeling he may be a lost cause at this point anyway.
Why would you want him to be modkilled when he has the option of being replaced? Getting modkilled only means that town is at a disadvantage – you didn’t even want to poke him.

I didn't put much weight on the flavor argument I gave at all, otherwise I would have addressed it much, much earlier. But it was something I noticed none the less, so I laid it out as I saw it. I was also very open about the deciding factor as to why I was fine with the lynch, in that I knew she would be inactive (kinda ironic that I ended up being just as inactive :'(... My bad guys.) When you see 4/5 necessary votes on your friend and know that they aren't going to be playing, the idea of not wanting to lynch them Day 1 kind of goes out the window.
Yes, but she had the option of being replaced - we didn't even give her the option - instead we lynched her and what good did that do for us?

I'm voting 2. I think it's unlikely he'll come back, but if the possibility that he won't be modkilled down the road is still there I'd rather hang on to that hope than have him die if he's a townie number. I do think it's incredibly more likely that he's a town-sided player than a mafia-sided player. If he is modkilled we'd be exactly one wrong lynch away from a mafia win.

Part of me understands the need to get rid of inactive players but I don't really feel good about this just yet if we actually have an option. @Drez Out of curiosity, when might redadil4 get modkilled if he's not killed right now?
Why were you interested in knowing when he would be modkilled? If given the option when you remove him from the game.

No worries - welcome to the replacement, whoever that is :p

And since there's no modkill, I think we should get the show on the road.

I will vote for ##Vote: MajorasMask9

Reasons: He's voting for ReedRGale, he's not actively pushing to get anything done or anything solved which I would expect from an experienced player (he shouldn't need to get poked to contribute), he was heavily suspected by a skilled player in African American who was nightkilled, and he's just not shown as many townie things as people like xCoCo and ReedRGale have. So this makes him the best vote imo... We're getting a replacement and well, we just need to hear more from Squid Master and Marigi. There's at least 1 scum player in that group of 3 imo, but it's kind of difficult/impossible to ascertain which one it is.
However – it turns out that Squid was in fact innocent. While Majoras hasn’t been providing much of his own reads he did go against the idea of lynching Red/Boo who was in FACT innocent as seen from the Night Kill. I’m honestly more suspicious of Marigi and Reed. Due to the fact that Thingy/Majoras are still alive. I think experienced would kill the experienced players and keep the newbies alive to struggle assuming they aren't mafia.

idk just some things

Thingyman

Inkling
@xCoCo

I would agree that on the surface it's weird that me (or Majoras) haven't been nightkilled, but there are so many factors at play, and I would be at a loss trying to guess why the mafia killed the people that they did. It could be because I've been off on my reads and so they wanted to keep me alive to keep pursuing those. It could be because they felt that I wasn't an important role maybe for some reason (or that others were more likely to be an important role). It could be that Majoras is mafia and wanted to leave me alive, so that he wouldn't be the only experienced player left alive at the end of this game, which would make people question why that was the case. It could be that me (and Majoras) are both being set up because people would question why we're still alive. Or it could be that the people that were killed had better reads than me (and Majoras, if he's town).

It's unfortunately a big exercise in "what level are the mafia on", so there's not much to be gained from it, I find in general. I had wanted to learn if maybe there was something to be analyzed from the N1 kill by learning about how kills were chosen in the first game here, but it seemed there was only one kill made in that game, so there isn't much of a pattern to go of off.

Your very last thought is very interesting, xCoCo, and I'm not dismissing it as being likely, but I'm thinking that maybe Marigi is town here (and it seems you may have a similar reason to think this as me? But I am also making maybe too big of an assumption in believing this). If that is the case, and if you are town - which I think you are (seriously, just kudos if you are mafia, I don't mind being outplayed), then that means Majoras and Reed are the mafia.

Especially with Majoras, I can't help but keep thinking... Why hasn't he been more impactful? He's experienced - why don't I feel like he's actually breaking a sweat to try and solve the game? I don't FEEL him wanting to help the town win - he just pops in once in a while to sort of give some thoughts, because he has to, it feels like. And I'm very skeptical about his insistence last game day that redadil shouldn't be modkilled/lynched. To me, I think that was a mafia who knew that redadil was town and could score some easy brownie points, since everyone else didn't mind him getting modkilled/lynched at that point in time. We call it a TMI tell = unintentionally showing that he has too much information. On top of this, there's the thing that African American pointed out, and when we're in final 5 and still haven't lynched a mafia, so I don't terribly mind going back to what the night 1 kill actually said.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I was just trying to see if there was anything I could provide : P

Thingyman

Inkling
Hmm...

Well, we have time, so let's first have him answer the question, before diving further into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom